Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 3, 2017
This book is an excellent resource for engaged couples/couples on the path to engagement in the near future.

My boyfriend and I are planning to be engaged by spring, and we wanted to find a book to go through to get us covering all of the bases. We're not religious, and it was sort of difficult to find a marriage prep book that wasn't faith-based. This one seemed like a good fit, so I tried it out, and I'm so glad I did.

It takes some of the usual topics -- like finances, children, religion, family dynamics etc -- but goes into great detail, thinking of hypothetical scenarios and requiring each person to name their expectations, intentions, desires going forward. My almost fiance and I have had very engaging conversations, and I feel more prepared for marriage as a result of this book. The questions tend to be time-consuming, so we typically only do one or two chapters at a time. 1001 questions, some requiring more thought and others more straightforward, is an awesome resource for couples looking to take the next step. I highly recommend it.
on April 18, 2017
We bought this book a year before and I think it was very helpful in going through various topics. Some are the things covered in a pre marriage counseling but others you will find helpful and not typically covered.
on January 8, 2017
Don't want to go to marriage counseling to know if you're compatible, buy this book! This book will open up your conversations to things you never expected to ask each other. Talking about the complicated topics before they happen eases your marriage.
on May 16, 2017
Okay book. Lots of questions that apply only to particular groups, but I sort of expected that. At least it raises some topics which can be good to discuss.
on June 15, 2016
This is a good book for those getting ready for marriage, just dating and getting to know each other, or even once you are married. They are good conversation starters. In some chapters, there are sections to go through individually then come back together to share your answers. They're not afraid to broach subjects you don't find in other marriage prep books - finances, sex, family dynamics & history, habits, preferences.
on December 11, 2014
Some of these questions are great, and others are a little basic - like if you don't know a lot of the answers to these questions yet, then you shouldn't be thinking about marriage yet anyway. I'm not sure if my fiance and I have had a lot of surprising revelations come out while using this book. But that's probably a good thing.
on March 16, 2017
Many topics discussed in this book may never cross your mind; however, it provides a clear structure that help you be prepared for encountering future problems.
on July 20, 2017
I definitely recommend this book for all couples. It asks questions hat you would never think to ask your partner and makes you have discussions about very difficult situations.
on May 26, 2015
Used this book along with a couple others to spend a lovely weekend with the BF. We took some leisurely and relaxed private time to ourselves to explore wonderful conversation, share stories, goals, and generally prompted great conversation around the life we'd like to see for ourselves. Thought-provoking. excellent weekend. Definitely recommend it.
on August 7, 2013
I still haven't gotten through this book, but I recently went on a roadtrip with my S.O. and we did some serious questioning in the car. Spent about 4-5 hours on this thing, and were totally tired out, and not even close to halfway through!

I think my bf put it best when he said, "Yeah, it's exhausting. But it's good. There are a lot of questions that I wouldn't think to ask."

Not only that, but you can ask the same questions over and over again--people's context, mood, and place in life with change the feel of the answers.

If you're looking for a super comprehensive questions book (not just for marriage) that really gets deep, look no further.