Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 19, 2017
I had a previous copy of this book which I loaned to another quilter and it was never returned. I used many of the patterns in this book and wanted it to be a "permanent" part of my quilt book library. Was so glad to find a copy. Thank you!
on April 9, 2013
Very nice paper-piecing pattern book. I love Log Cabin piecing anyway because cutting strips of various widths is so fast and easy to do. Add paper piecing and accurate detail becomes easy and fast. It's a great combination. Some of the patterns are similar enough that I suggest the actual number of "oh I can't wait to make that one" is closer to 50 than 100--but even so, that justifies the cost of the book and makes it worthy of space in one's library. The pictures of "non-traditional log cabin quilts" are beautiful and inspiring...clearly, it is worth the time and effort to carefully plan colors and an over-all quilt design. Too bad this section only is one page. It would be challenging to make a single quilt using a good variety of different patterns because the patterns are different sizes. You would waste time and paper experimenting with the enlarge/decrease size function on the copy machine...or, you could frame individual blocks with whatever widths are necessary to produce a consistent size. Consistently-sized patterns would have been better.
on April 7, 2011
This book was a big hit with both my daughter and myself. I was pleased with the large variety of blocks and the easy to understand instructions. My daughter loved it so much it is temporarily living at her house! It is a great book to help use up scraps and the blocks can be made into a great variety of items.
This book is suitable for beginners as well as experienced sewers.
on September 14, 2017
I love the photos and instructions in this great resource. Log Cabin is my favorite block and hope to make lots of quilts using these easy to follow steps.
on February 14, 2017
I didn't realize that this book was for paper piecing. I haven't used it and probably won't for a long time.
on February 5, 2013
I was pleasantly surprised to see all the variations for log cabin designs that were offered here.
I am especially happy to see that these designs all have patterns for paper-piecing, which will
render a really accurate version of whichever pattern you choose for your wallhanging or quilt.
I only wish I would have had this book when I attempted to sew a log cabin valance for my dining
room several years ago. About half of the blocks were different sizes because I had trouble
sewing a quarter inch seam with my old machine. These patterns will eliminate
the guesswork, and give you a beautiful finished product.
on February 17, 2017
Great book! Just what I was looking for. Quality of merchandise was as described. DRG Publishing shipped my book so that it arrived prior to the expected delivery date.
on March 20, 2011
This book has LOTS of patterns for different quilts and if you like to paper piece - it's wonderful. You should probably have some quilting experience before buying the book, but it's also great for beginners. The full size patterns make it easy to create something that looks like you've been quilting a long time.
on October 2, 2012
My book was delivered promptly and well within the estimated delivery date. I am really pleased with the book although some of the blocks are not as inventive as others I have seen elsewhere. I guess 1 book will not cover everyone's expectations, but it is a good base to start with and build up my library. It would be great if it came on a CD as well so that the patterns can be enlarged if required. I have this option in some other books and it's a great asset.
on March 16, 2011
If you love paper piecing and you love log cabin blocks you will love this book. This book contains 101 full size patterns for traditional and modern variations of the log cabin block. Most of the blocks are 7" square. Some of the other sizes are 4",5" and 6" squares, 6" x 8", and 7" x 8" rectangles. There is some instruction provided in the beginning of the book in case you are not familiar with paper piecing. That only takes up about 8 pages of the book. This is mostly a pattern book. The biggest tip I can give anyone who paper pieces is to use really good paper. If you try doing it with regular copy paper, you will get frustrated because it is not so easy to tear off afterwards. My favorite paper is: Carol Doak's Foundation Paper. It works wonderfully!