Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on June 4, 2013
The author takes a somewhat casual approach. At first, it was a bit off-setting as I was expecting a more "professional" presentation of the material. Still, I got used to it and was able to get some good information from the book. There are A LOT of questions presented and many of them are very similar to others. Perhaps it should have been more like 50 questions to ask. He does sum it up at the end with the best 20 questions. After reading through the whole book, I think just those last 20 at the end of the book would have been sufficient. One other "complaint:" I am in the medical field and felt the book was aimed more at business jobs particularly sales jobs. A lot of the questions do not apply for medical position interviews.
on February 13, 2013
This was an excellent book, with a lot of great questions to ask in an interview. I purchased this a week before an interview for a position at my current company and just skimmed through the book the night before the interview and wrote down 20 questions. In my interview, the interviewer asked me 20 of his own questions and when it came time for me to ask questions, I asked my 20 questions. :)

Although I didn't get the position I had initially interviewed for due to lack of experience, the interviewer was so impressed with me asking as many questions as I did, he wanted me on his team to replace the person who had been offered the other position. When he posted the other position, I had to interview for it (I was the only person who applied) and asked some of the same questions again, but not as many and more geared towards the new position. Needless to say, I've been offered the job and we are working on the hours I will work.

I haven't tried these questions on any external positions, but they worked great for internal positions, so I'm confident that if I were applying for positions outside the company, these questions would be very good to ask.
on July 25, 2011
I thought I was ready to begin interviewing, then I picked up this book and its companion "101 Great Answers to the Toughest Interview Questions". I realized that I still had a lot of work to do before crossing a prospective employer's threshold. This book not only tells you what you need to do before the interview, it gives you the tools and worksheets with which to properly prepare. I was once a manager who conducted interviews for positions within my department. I was not a trained interviewer. I saw my interviewing style described in this book, and it was not flattering. At the time I thought I was a good interviewer. My employees were good employees and often advanced within the company, so I must have done something right. In reading this book I realized I was the "gut feeling plus skills" employer. If you are a job seeker you owe it to yourself to read these books long before leaving the house.
on September 30, 2010
I purchased this book on the recommendation of a colleague when I was preparing to interview for a new position. Being the kind of person who needs to feel prepared for these types of activities, I really found this book valuable for giving me ideas of what types of questions I could expect and smart, intelligent ways to respond to them.
on March 11, 2016
I think this book has the most thought provoking questions to ask an employer, as well as yourself. I find it quite helpful. I purchased this book, so I can have an extra copy to loan to someone else.
on April 18, 2014
It has a looooot of "no duh" information. If you don't realize it's not appropriate to smoke during an interview (just 1 example), then sure, buy the book. If you have common sense, you really don't need it.
on July 18, 2016
Bought this for a co-worker who said she needed interviewing help - worked for me
on November 4, 2016
Great refresher read when preparing for an interview.
on March 24, 2013
I found this book to be very helpful. There are many questions that helped me land a great job. You just have to select the questions that fit best with the type of position and industry you are interviewing for. Very helpful tool, I highly recommend this book.
on December 3, 2013
Fry is one of the best, I have used his material when I was preparing for jobs, now using it to assist other job seekers. He uses work sheet to help you prepare. I have never gone wrong using his advice.