Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Asus 1015PED compatible? Have any one tried to upgrade your Asus 1015PED with this memory module?
asked by Jesus Esqueda Macias on August 17, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
Hey, I have a Asus 1015PED and I have done some research and this will work. Have I acctually installed it, no. It is on it's way to me though and I will keep you up to date.

The info on the Asus Netbook is DDR3, so, it will work. But there is only one slot, so we'll have to remove to 1gig in there now, and replace it with this 2gig.

I will let you know when I get mine to confirm it works, but with all the research I've done, I am 100% sure it will work. I wouldn't have bought the netbook or the memory if I was even 1% unsure.

Hope that helps.
paper tiger answered on August 25, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did you manage to upgrade the RAM - I am holding on to my purchase for the same. I am comparing betn Aspire One 533 and 1015PED. Aspire one RAM upgrade is as nightmare as it was with eee pc 1008HA. Wondering what's the scene with this one.

Please let us know.
Rohit Bhosale answered on September 13, 2010

A
found this link - which says - there is only one screw at the bottom which gives access to RAM. Could you also please post pictures/video while upgrading the RAM is possible.

http://www.nerdycomputers.com/laptop/asus-eee-pc-1015ped-pu17-bu-10-1-inch-blue-netbook-up-to-13-hours-of-battery-life/
Rohit Bhosale answered on September 13, 2010

A
I have been quite happy with my ASUS 1015PED Netbook that I actually never ended up purchasing this memory upgrade. I did shop around a little more and found that this one still is the most recemended. It is a great deal as well, which is why it is usually out of stock.

I would recomend this one and I may still get this one. However for right now, I upgraded my ASUS netbook to Windows 7 Professional and it runs great. No need for more memory right now.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
paper tiger answered on September 13, 2010

A
There is a very small screw which releases a panel on the bottom of the netbook which will allow you to get into the memory compartment. I have not ventured in there yet, but there is only one access panel on the bottom of the netbook and one little screw. Seems pretty basic and easy to do from what I hear and my experience with other laptop memory upgrades.
paper tiger answered on September 13, 2010

A
When I tried to install this RAM in my ASUS 1015PED, it refused to get to the BIOS screen. I seated it correctly, but it simply didn't boot when I had this particular 2GB stick. Apparently it isn't compatible?
Duncan Boehle answered on September 17, 2010

A
That's odd. Out of all the memory I have been looking at, this one was the one which seemed to complement the compatability of the ASUS 1015PED. Are you sure it is not DDR2? The netbook is DDR3. Maybe they sent you the incorrect model. Double check, but try and return it to Amazon to get your money back.

I'll keep an eye out for any other memory which would be compatable with this netbook. Sorry about your memory upgrade issues. Thanx for the info.
paper tiger answered on September 17, 2010

A
dont buy this memory for asus 1015ped....I just tried to install it and the laptop does not work at all...
I have to return it and find new one...damn~
B. Choi answered on September 19, 2010

A
Wow, that really sux. I'll take it off my wish list and start searching for another.

Thank you.
paper tiger answered on September 19, 2010

A
So far, looks like the Crucial is the only choice but theres someone with a complaint, I bought one Samsung on eBay and didn't work also. Does this netbook runs better con Windows Professional?
Jesus Esqueda Macias answered on September 19, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product