Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 353 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 378 reviews
on February 8, 2015
This is my favorite tool purchase in many years. It works great! I cut 168 circles for a quilt in about 45 minutes. The last time I cut that many circles with a template and rotary cutter it took a day and a half. Can't tell you how great this tool is, love it!
review image
on April 3, 2010
I am a quilter and purchased the Ofa circle cutter with the intention of cutting circles out of fabric. Primarily, I use quilting cotton of good quality which is ironed, but not starched. The reviews I saw left me wondering if this would really work. However, I decided to take a chance.

My first circles, oddly enough, were of t-shirt material. This is not a fabric I normally work with because of the way that it stretches and moves. However, even without a practice run and even with a less than ideal fabric, I cut perfect circles from the beginning. I kept one hand over the pivot point that is the center of the circle and one hand on the handle that moves the cutter around the circle. My worst circle was off by just a smidgeon and the "error" was easily hidden in the quarter inch seam allowance.

I do suspect that part of my success was due to a good cutting mat underneath and the sharp blade I was cutting with. A dull blade or a less ideal cutting surface might lead to dragging, potentially stretching the fabric.
It is critical to remove the safety cover from the pivot point before use or the center of the circle could creep on you. (Just put it back when you are done using it to avoid poking yourself.) Also, take care in learning how to sheathe and unsheathe the blade. I inadvertantly removed the blade when I first tried to unsheathe it. (reading directions is a good thing).
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2013
This makes cutting circles quick and easy! I've used it for a year now and the blade still works well, although I've got replacement blades ready. For fabrics that stretch or are loosely woven, it helps to cut a bit, then reverse, then cut a bit, then reverse, the repeat-- until circle is complete. This helps flatten the fabric back down and get a perfect circle instead of a misshapen one.

I LOVE THIS TOOL!
on November 30, 2016
I got this to use for sewing purposes. It works great! I wish I had bought it earlier. It cuts through felt (cheap kind), fleece, and cotton fabric very well. It takes a little practice to work out the best moves for smooth movement. I do wish it cut 1 inch circles, would be perfect for some felt projects but that's really nitpicking. Downside: it tears up your cutting mat. Luckily I used an old one and wasn't too sad about it but it made quite deep gouges (more than a rotary cutter). Of course I might have been pressing too hard. However, this meant that the fabric would snag, move around, or the cutting circle cutter would leave pieces still attached if you tried to cut over the gouges. I've looked at a couple local fabric stores and they don't sell the replacement blades for these that I could find. They don't seem that expensive online though. Overall, great product.
on February 3, 2017
What can I say other than it didn't work? I watched the video and tried it on multiple fabrics. If you pushed down too hard the fabric would roll up. If you applied the correct pressure for it to not bind up or pull the fabric, it didn't cut. More accurately, it didn't cut consistently or easily. Parts of the circle would be cut through but never the entire circle. So I would end up cutting the rest with a scissors, which defeats the point. Sadly, seller does not accept returns. My recommendation is to pass on this.
on September 10, 2014
I would be LOST without this little tool. I make toys for a living and cutting circles is time consuming and you always worry that you're going to get it slightly wrong and then have to start over. Not with this tool.
My only recommendation is - when you put the fabric down on the self-healing pad - you might want to try a bit of spray on glue on the board to keep the fabric from sliding/moving. Felt and heavy fabric is fine, but cotton tends to shift. Make sure you really dig that middle pin into the board or it will move. Order blades at same time and save money.
on April 13, 2017
This tool was perfect for cutting circles from fabric. I had no problems with the fabric slipping as I turned it. I was able to cut through 10 layers of netting at once using this, which made my project go so much faster since I had about 110 circles to cut. I had it all done in next to no time! I did watch a video on how to use the cutter before I tried it for the first time, so that probably helped make my first try go more easily. I highly recommend this tool if you need to cut circles from fabric or paper. The adjustable sizing for the circles is great too.
on July 28, 2015
The OLFA rotary circle cutter takes the pain out of cutting circles by hand, and they come out perfect almost every time! I was working on a large project that required cutting out a lot of felt circles. About the 20th one I realized they were looking less and less like circles. I ordered the OLFA rotary circle cutter and was able to quickly cut out perfect circles in mere minutes!
on January 11, 2015
First I have to say I gave only four stars because the product arrived with a dull or used blade. I contacted the seller no response.
After trying unsuccessfully to use the cutter , I took it apart and checked it. I tried the blade and discovered it was no good. So after contacting the seller and not receiving a NEW blade which I feel would have been the right thing for them to do, I purchased a new blade.
Like I said it takes some practice and practice some more to get a smooth operation. If you have a project that has several circles it will help save time and increase accuracy.
on March 27, 2017
Finally a way to cut accurate circles in fabric! It takes a few tries to get the hang of it but well worth the effort. Now I can get perfect circles for crafting, sewing & quilting without any cursing. Nice that it takes standard blades.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.