Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure Hardcover – April 26, 2011
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
Extreme success, by definition, lies beyond the realm of normal action. If you want to achieve extreme success, you can't operate like everybody else and settle for mediocrity. You need to remove luck and chance from your business equation, and lock in massive success. The 10X Rule shows you how! Success is your duty, obligation, and responsibility, and this book gives you step-by-step guidance on how to achieve phenomenal success for yourself!
With The 10X Rule, you'll learn to establish the amount of effort needed to guarantee success and ensure that you can continue operating at this level throughout your life. Most people desire success and have great ideas but they come up short on the amount of action required to get their lives to the exceptional levels they deserve. Four degrees of action exist, and in order to achieve your dreams, you must learn to operate at the fourth degree of action: Massive Action. The 10X Rule will dissolve fears, increase your belief in yourself, eliminate procrastination, and provide you with an overwhelming sense of purpose. The 10X Rule compels you to separate yourself from everyone else in the marketand you do that by doing what others refuse to do. Stop thinking in terms of basic needs, and start aiming for abundancein all areas of your life.
The 10X Rule guides you toward the frame of mind that all successful people share. Aim ten times higher than you are right nowand if you come up short, you'll still find yourself further along than if you had maintained your life's current status quo. The 10X Rule teaches you how to:
Reach goals that you previously thought were impossible
Correctly set goals and guarantee their achievement
Create unprecedented levels of happiness and satisfaction in every area of your life
Use fear as fuel to move you into action
Get everything you want and never have to settle
Dominate your competition and become a role model for success
From the Back Cover
Praise for 10x Rule
"Love this book. The 10X Rule is dead on right! It boldly takes on the biggest issue most people skip and then wonder why they didn't reach their goals: WORK!"Larry Winget, New York Times bestselling author of Your Kids Are Your Own Fault and The Idiot Factor
"Grant Cardone is the master at showing people exactly what they MUST do to create the success they desire! This book is like a nuclear weapon for the reader!"Barry Poznick, Executive Producer of How'd You Get So Rich? and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
"If you don't think goal setting is important in life, don't waste your time reading The 10X Rule. If you do . . . Grant has set a new benchmark on the subject with his new book. Give it to a friend or colleague and it will make a huge difference in their life." Bill Jenkins, National Sales Director, Kawasaki Motors Corp., USA
"In The 10X Rule, entrepreneur Grant Cardone shows how to achieve success no matter your background, genetic make-up, or personal connections. In his view, success stems from working ten times harder than anyone else and displaying a 'domination mentality.' It's a how-to book on how to gain the moxie, chutzpah, and relentless drive necessary to succeed."Gary Stern, coauthor of Minority Rules: Turn Your Ethnicity into a Competitive Edge; journalist for The Wall Street Journal and Investor's Business Daily
"Grant Cardone has hit the nail on the head with The 10X Ruletelling you the real reason people succeed greatly in any area of life!"Brian tracy, Chairman and CEO, Brian Tracy International; bestselling author of over 45 Books
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Extreme effort will not turn a bad idea into a successful business. Suppose that an entrepreneur wishes to open a microbrewery centered around his recipe for broccoli-infused beer. If prospective customers strongly dislike the taste of the product, no amount of effort will make this recipe a commercial success. Hard work is necessary to become a successful entrepreneur, but it is not sufficient. Even good business ideas generally suck at the beginning, and it is crucial to modify and fine-tune ideas based on market feedback. Sometimes, the best course of action is to give up on an unsuccessful idea in order to free up time and resources to pursue more promising opportunities. Just like in poker, the trick is knowing when to throw more chips into the pile and when to fold. A sales professional who is promoting a product in an established market is different from an entrepreneur trying to become the next Elon Musk. In the former case, hard work is sufficient to be successful.
2. Extreme effort is best expended over short bursts of time rather than as a 24/7/365 lifestyle. Working 18-hour days is not sustainable over the long term. Your health will suffer, as will your mental focus. Success is like a marathon with periodic short-term sprints at key moments. It is physically impossible to sprint for the entire race.
When I heard about the 10X Rule, I ran out to buy it.
While the concept is powerful, and I HAVE learned a thing or two from the book, I thought it was terribly redundant.
If you are into Sales Motivation books, there is Nothing ground-breaking here.
The second to last chapter has a list of 32 qualities of sucessful people...and if you pay attention you will see that he repeats himself several times. I was able to consolidate the list down to about 24 items, maybe less.
Dont spend $20.00+ on this book. Just do this:
Understand and accept that no matter HOW bad the economy is, people ARE making money.
Set VERY high goals for yourself...make a powerful and convincing plan of action...and you'll be on the way to being successful. The higher you set the bar, and the harder you push yourself, the further along the track you will get.
The folks who DON'T plan and DON'T try are the ones whining about beinbg losers.
Don't be a loser.
Thisd book can potentially be life changing.
I've created many of my own products and sold millions online. Yet, I
took away some very valuable ideas from this book.
Here are the top 7 things I learned (or was reminded of in a positive way):
1. Instead of blaming the economy for down sales, blame your activity level for being too low
It's easy to get in the mindset that the problem is the market or the economy. He makes a
great case that the problem is the activity of you and/or the employees in your company.
2. Become omnipresent
He has a chapter about omnipresence. This is a GREAT mindset for marketing....become
omnipresent in your market.
3. Seek to dominate your market instead of being competitive.
Being competitive is the wrong target. This is a great point and changes your mindset
4. We consistently underestimate the activity level required to get a result
The problem isn't laziness or anything else. It's simply that we underestimate
the activity level required to launch a new product, make sales or create a
successful marketing funnel.
5. 10x thinking + 10x action
This isn't about thinking only (like Think and Grow Rich) or action only.
Action without the right thought behind it spins your wheels.
6. Set your goal to be 10x greater than you think you need
Expand your thinking. I like this idea. It changes the activities you
plan to reach your goal.
7. Plan to take 10x the actions you think you need
Now, there are a LOT of ideas and nuances I didn't list above. One
of the things he does that's terrific is covers objections to increasing
your activity level.
He made me think about some of the ideas in my own thinking and
re-evaluate them. Very useful.
I highly recommend this book.