Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 1, 2014
I bought this just before leaving to India. Trust me, it is truly a life saver. It really helped to check each and every luggage and make sure it is around the allowed limit of 23 KG. Readings were reliable and we had no surprises during check out at airport when air hostess checked the weight to check for limit. It is very easy to carry this during travel and is your true travel companion for air travel, because it is important you know how much you are carrying.

I recommend this product. But remember following catch / con in its usage:
1. You should be patient and strong enough person to lift the weight by hanging it to the hook given in this device, every time you want to weigh your luggage.
2. You are not try to weigh stuff whose weight is less than 1 KG often, because it is not really accurate at times when weighing small weights.

For my requirements, this was well suited. But hope my review helps some-one out there looking for this type of product.
247 helpful votes
248 helpful votes
on December 22, 2016
I LOVE this thing. I travel a lot throughout the world and so I have to be very careful on how much my bags weigh. This comes to the exact weight with the airline scales. It's sturdy enough that I have dangled about 65 lbs on it plus its small enough to easily tuck it away in your bag. If you are worried about how much your bags weigh then this is a must have. I haven't used the temp (I haven't ever found myself in need to) but I figure its an added bonus.
3 helpful votes
on December 8, 2016
Works fine and a good device. Was going to give it 3 stars because of how cheaply made it is, but all of them are cheaply made and this one has the price point to match it (although it should be more like $2). Nevertheless this is probably the best one to get. It functions. Its cheap.
Just buy it.
3 helpful votes
Enthusiast: Makeupon June 28, 2017
I finally purchased a luggage scale after a lot of traveling and the only thing I can say is I wish I would've bought one sooner! This luggage scale is so convenient, lightweight, and easy to use. I no longer worry about my bag being overweight and having to rearrange my packing in the middle of the airport. I can't say exactly how accurate it is when compared to airport scales because every scale is different. The times I've used this, I make sure my bag is 2 pounds under the weight limit and have never had an issue!

I love this thing and highly recommend it! I wish I would've purchased a luggage scale sooner.
on January 29, 2017
I bought this for my trip to Japan because I was terrified of going over the weight limit. It works amazingly. I had less than a 1 lb. difference between my scale and theirs. The only thing that was difficult with this is trying to hold almost 50 lbs. up while waiting for it to weigh the baggage. If you are looking for a cheap way to save money through years of flying, this would do wonders for you.
on March 8, 2016
Cannot be better! Very useful and helps a lot
review imagereview image
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on March 12, 2017
Very accurate and light enough to bring on a trip to so can weigh luggage prior to hitting return airport. Easier to use then a traditional bathroom scale at home so we use it to weigh luggage prior to trip also rather than using the bathroom scale as previously done.
There are a couple of minor design issues that might be improved such as the shape but these are minor and don't greatly impact usage. Wish I had it decades earlier.
on June 18, 2016
Great but don't forget to take out the batteries between uses...
I am a chronic over packer and this device is critical for avoiding overweight charges. Airlines are so strict now.

I bought this to replace my other one that uses up all the battery power when not in use. If I forgot to remove the battery after using it, it was dead the next time I took it out. This one does the same thing. So now I have two that annoy me and those little 2032 batteries are not cheap.
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 1, 2014
I am not a huge fan of the TSA and I become livid when I discuss the degradation of airline service over the last few years. And the sudden insistence that luggage weigh no more than 50 pounds, even while the airlines are ripping us off for at least $25 a bag, really frosts me.

It's unfortunate, then, that my wife, with whom I travel often, likes to take along with her a lot of clothing. We'll often have to weigh her luggage to make sure it will fit the stringent diet on which the airlines insist. The problem is that our method of weighing has been somewhat less than satisfactory. We have to hold the suitcase and then balance it on our bathroom scale. A bit of a cumbersome process.

And then I saw this. I immediately knew I had to have it. Well, I had to purchase it for my wife, to be more precise. She had to use this.

It's a well-designed mechanism. The scale itself is shaped like a handle and can be used as such when you grasp it. It easily hooks onto the luggage. The strong strap will easily attach to anything handle-like on the suitcase. If you can lift the suitcase by it, the luggage scale can use that to hold up the suitcase.

Still, it doesn't matter if the scale is well designed if it doesn't work. This scale. . . This scale works and does it well. We've found that it's almost perfectly aligned with the airport scales. We've had some close calls averted thanks to this scale. Using it at home, and knowing its correct, means we don't have to unpack and distribute things we hope are the right weight, and then pack again at the airport counter.
on January 20, 2017
This is super accurate and it's awesome to have in the house to get an accurate reading before you fly out and know how much your suitcase is way before you get to the line and realize you have to pay extra for an overload or have to take things out of your back so definitely get one of these it's portable it's awesome