Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 9, 2015
Got this from a friend's account shipped to my address today. Loved it initially when I weighed few heavy luggage bags (as I need to take an international flight very soon).But when I weighed them the second or the 3rd time, the weight reading was never the same! It reads anywhere from 28.8 lb to 13.6lb! Also, the minute I put the strap around the handle and close the hook, the initial weight reading goes on to negative (even after restarting the device again and again). There is definitely inconsistent reading!
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 8, 2018
I bought two of these, one as a gift and another for myself. Good thing I checked that they actually worked. One of them works how you'd expect, while the other just displays "Err" when any load over 7kg/16lb is applied, or sometimes doesn't even get that far and just shows "Err" when turned on. If you do decide to take your chances with one of these, be sure to TEST IT WORKS before going on a trip!
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2016
The title says it. It seems ok, but I question the accuracy. I loaded some weights in a bag and weighed with this luggage scale and my regular bathroom scale. The luggage scale was .6 lbs lighter. As I added more weight to the bag the variance became greater with the luggage scale increasing to just about 1 lb lighter than my bathroom scale. I guess I don't know which is correct and which is wrong. But, this variance is concerning. I suppose as long as I don't fill my luggage beyond 48 lbs or so I should be ok. I may return this product.
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 20, 2017
Measures weight pretty accurately and precisely. I tested the scale with my bike (which I know the weight of) before using it for luggage, and it reported the weight correctly. Used it during my previous international trip, worked well.

Silver shroud is plastic, and not anodized aluminum as it appears. It does feel a bit cheap, as if some component, either internal or external, will break soon enough, but it hasn't yet.
on August 17, 2014
Life Saver in Europe!! with airlines each having their own rules, this little scale was so incredibly useful to us during our resent travels in Europe. I had flights where on one way they allowed 12 kilos and coming back only 10, imagine!!! unfortunately, as many airlines take every opportunity to come up with ways to charge you more, being mindful of how much your luggage weighs before you arrive at the airport is extremely useful!
on June 26, 2017
Works as intended. However, if your luggage is heavy (I use this for my check ins which are normally 50 lbs) and you don't have a stable hold of the scale the numbers take a while to settle and may move up or down by 0.1-1 lbs. It got really tiring for me holding my luggage up after a while since the scale took forever to read, but maybe this is just a sign that I need to hit the gym. Rating the product 4 stars because I found a similar and much cheaper scale at Walmart.
on April 24, 2017
easy to use and seems accurate. It told us our bags were at 50 lbs. - it is a bit awkward to hold when the bag is that heavy as the bag needs to be still for it to take the reading, but it worked great. It is a nice small size so you could easily bring it with you on a trip. It is very easy to use.
on March 25, 2016
Why in the world did I never buy one of these before? This is one of the best gadgets I ever purchased! No more guessing at where of not my luggage is overweight. Or standing on a bathroom scale with and without luggage to try to estimate the weight! I recently flew on an airline that allowed only 5 kilos in a carryon. That's not very much, but I certainly didn't want to check any camera equipment or electronics, so every ounce was precious, and I had to juggle things back and forth between my carry on and my checked bag, depending on which airline I was flying on and what their baggage restrictions were. That would have been totally impossible without this handy tool. Apparently it was accurate because the airline never disputed my weights. I could live without the temperature sensor, but it was kind of cool to have it. However, the ability to switch between pounds and kilos was a must, and it worked just fine.

The unit has a convenient strap that fastens easily around the handle of my suitcase, backpack, carryon, etc. It's small and lightweight, and is comfortable to hold on to. Everybody who travels should have one of these. This one is inexpensive and seems to work perfectly.
on April 19, 2017
This is a must if you travel a lot or if you are making a big move and need to weigh a lot of luggage. We used this during our overseas move to make sure our 19 pieces of luggage were under 50 lbs. It worked well during the whole packing process. The battery lasted until we made the move.
on May 20, 2017
Very accurate scale. The readings have been consistent with our weigh ins at various airports. I like using this before we leave to avoid baggage fee surprises. We take it with us for the return trip to make sure we didn't add to much souvenir weight.