Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

Six And Twelve String Guitar
Format: Audio CD|Change

on October 15, 2016
This is just a great album. I was directed to the LP itself after I bought not just a good turntable (Technics Sl-1200 Mk2) but the Emotiva XPS-1 phono amp. This sounds great into my audiophile amp and through my vintage speakers. It's famous for being close-miked, and features some compelling guitar work. Very listenable, but also very fine.
on April 15, 2018
I had this recording years ago when it first came out. I started taking guitar lessons recently, and remembered how much I enjoyed this music years ago. The recording has stood the test of time for me. Leo Kotke's solid, driving style is just as enjoyable as it was years ago. I'm happy it's still available.
on May 20, 2015
There are few guitarists that are more talented and lesser known than Leo Kottke. Suffice to say that the first time I saw him he shared the bill with John McLaughlin and Frank Zappa - and MORE than held his own! If you already know him then you know this record - but may not have the vinyl version. It is well worth the money as the solo guitar sound was recorded direct to tape in one sitting with no tracking / overdubs, so the harmonics and sound stage is quite remarkable. The latter statement will seem incredulous once you hear Kottke doing seemingly impossible things with his guitar... one often finds the idea that there's only two hands playing one guitar unlikely. If you love acoustic guitar, you will absolutely love this album. If vinyl isn't your thing? BUY THE CD!
on July 24, 2017
His first album, a must have for players, everone can learn something from him. I retuned my 12 string 3 times in an hour to get it correct.
on January 20, 2015
i'm not sure if i'm qualified to review leo kottke or any of his music since he is one of the best guitar players i have ever heard and i am just a star struck fan. i first heard this release when i was spinning records on college radio back in the mid 70s ... it is flat out some of the best guitar playing i have ever heard. period. i would highly recommend to any music fan.
on November 24, 2009
I recently discovered that the only copy I have of this classic album is on LP. I was thrilled to find out it had been released on SACD.

I appreciated the review by Ciro Trubiano. I was wondering if the SACD version of this might be in surround. But of course, that would be unlikely, since it is only one instrument being played. If you want to hear it in all speakers, Dolby PLIIx should do the trick nicely.

RE: Ciro's question "what's the point of SACDs if you can't hear them in surround sound?" Answer: the improved sound quality. If you can't appreciate the difference, don't spend the extra money. Simple as that.
on October 8, 2015
Landmark acoustic guitar album. First time you hear this album your jaw will drop. Same thing will happen on the 100th play. Go read the background story on this. Kotke was a prodigy. Bought the vinyl for a friend because he is into retro good condition.
on June 14, 2017
Such sounds. How does he do it? I read the book EMOTIONAL RESCUE and there was a Leo Kottke reference I had to follow.
on February 14, 2017
The guitar album that set many folkies on their collective ears. You can hear most of the same tracks from this 1971 release on Mudlark and My Feet Are Smiling, but in many ways this is Kottke's strong raw style at its freshest! Still a classic.
on March 12, 2018
This is my favorite Leo album !!