Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on September 17, 2014
I took two stars off because 1. I did not receive 12 pens, and 2. Two of them were broken. I am satisfied with how they work though, I just wish they gave me the right quantity and that it wasn't broken when I got them.
review imagereview imagereview image
128 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2016
I bought these for my son, a medical student. Do not buy these. I didn't mind that they took weeks to arrive (you expect that for things coming from China), but when they came, I was profoundly disappointed. The "colors" were almost completely gone on most of the pens, with just a hint of blue left on some. One pen was broken in half. They are very cheap and poorly made. I guess you get what you pay for, and I learned my lesson in that. I'm attaching pics so you can see what you'll get, and maybe other buyers won't make the same mistake.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2016
I've bought these pens before, from stores, and they've been excellent. I would rate those at five stars. These, however, arrived just shoved into an envelope, with no protective material. What arrived was four broken pens (three i'll have to glue together, one missing the nose cone to hold the ink cartridge in). just loose pens in an envelope, 1/3 of which were broken. Thanks, Rhode Island Novelty!

Addition:
I received these a few hours ago, and am just now getting a chance to sit down with them. Boy, oh boy, where to begin? If there were a rating lower than one star, I'd give it that. On closer inspection one pen was missing the button needed to actually extend the cartridge out, two were missing their springs, so the cartridge had no tension, and one, after pushing the button and the catch-release one time, ejected it's plunger making a total of four with this problem. Seriously, don't bother buying from this company, get them elsewhere, because you won't get what you deserve.
review imagereview imagereview image
4 people found this helpful
on May 27, 2014
I finally got them in the mail. They didn't come in a package but all separated in an mailing envelope. They only sent 3 colors and most importantly ALL the pens looked old and used! They looked as if they had been sitting in someone's desk for 10 years and they just packed them up and shipped them. The plastic is filled with scratches and there's a tiny yellow tint to it (like old discoloration tint). I want to give them as a gift but I am too embarrassed to even do that. I used one the other day and the plastic head came off and it was hard to retract the pen with the tiny plastic button on the side. It's very inexpensive but the cheapness matches the price.
9 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2016
They are all typical black ink ball point pens, but I like them because of their creative design. I took one of these to work and my co worker gave me this funny look, so I asked her if she wanted it, and she was like "Oh! It's a pen?! Sure!" She seemed to have really liked it as well. Then my friend came into the work place, and he also gave a weird look and didn't want anything to do with the pen. It's a lot of fun to see people's reactions, but I think this would go great in a doctor's office.

Aside from people's reactions, the pen works fine. It's kind of like a black fine point RSVP pen.

This is definitely worth the price, though. Usually I find a pack of 2 pens for $1.00.

The only downside is that the liquid in the pens evaporated over time; maybe it adds to the idea that you're using them.
3 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2017
Wow, I just ordered these 2 days ago and they arrived today. I ordered 2 packages and out of 24 pens only one was broken. I received a even amount of colors and they all write. I can't ask for more for a $1.50. I'll be giving these to my student nurses at their clinical experience. I think they are really a fun way to show off your occupation :)
3 people found this helpful
on September 29, 2017
Love this novely pens specially when I do my rounds and visit patients in the hospital. I always receive compliments from others who for the first time see this pen and specially if the liquid is red they think it's blood hahaha. The only weird thing the liquid inside of the pen always disappear after certain time, check the pen for any cracks but nothing I can find, a bit weird for me. This is a good gift for those people who work in hospital, clinics, etc.
on October 3, 2016
Ordered 120 of these as party favors for my Dad's 90th open house. He's a retired MD and we made labels and put on them "Stolen from Dr.____ 90th B-day party". (he and his partner used to have the "Stolen from ___ etc" on pens in their office in the 70s & 80s).

My they were a hit and I wish I would have ordered another package or two. Out of the 120, maybe only 2-3 were slightly damaged and could be quick glued back together. All were checked to be sure that they clicked and wrote and they did. They arrived to Omaha Nebraska in 3 days. Oriental Trading Company, which is IN Omaha, would not gaurantee delivery sooner than 5-7 days and would not let me pick them up from the store either! So ordering from Rhode Island Novelty was wonderful and their shipping was right on and made all of us kids so happy.

Thank you, thank you.
One person found this helpful
on January 5, 2015
i got 14 pens instead of 12. they all work. all write in blue ink. got 3 of each color. well worth the price.
review image
9 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on August 8, 2016
I really liked these pens as they are very cute and make a great present for your co-workers if you work in the medical field (as I do). The unfortunate part is that they break easily when they are in your scrub's pockets so you have to be careful in what pocket you place your pen. Also the colored liquid slowly disappears. Never found a leak in my pocket or anything like that, just would notice that the liquid quantity would slowly go down. Other then that they work great, write in a very thin line, which i loved and have black ink, which is the best for medical documentation. Will certainly buy again when i'll need to make little presents to my co-workers.