Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months Hardcover – May 20, 2013
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Inside Flap
A guide to creating results through focus, commitment, and accountability
The 12 Week Year is a process forged in the field of sports, used by world-class athletes and transformed for business and everyday life by Brian P. Moran and Michael Lennington.
This is not a book of theory. The 12 Week Year has been vetted by thousands of clients and hundreds of companies, and is backed by years of real life experience. In this groundbreaking book, the authors unlock the simple secret to help you accomplish more.
What differentiates truly great performers and organizations from mediocre ones is an ability to effectively execute on what they know. There is a gap for most of us between what we know we should do, and what we are actually willing to do. This knowing-doing gap is what keeps most people and most companies from accomplishing what they are capable of.
The 12 Week Year incorporates the proven disciplines and principles of effective execution into the context of 12-week execution cycles. In the book, you'll discover how to develop clarity and focus on what matters most and a healthy sense of urgency to get it done. You'll learn how to:
- Take back control of your day
- Increase your income
- Balance the priorities in your life
- Lower your stress
- Accomplish your goals in record time
The 12 Week Year is a how-to book for both individuals and organizations that would like to accomplish more in the next 12 weeks than others will in the next 12 months. Join the thousands who are already experiencing the benefits of the 12 Week Year. Get this book and turn the idea of a year on its head, and speed your journey to success. Leverage the power of The 12 Week Year to drive improved results in any area of your life.
From the Back Cover
Praise for The 12 Week Year
"This book takes all the core business principles I believe are so valuablediscipline, consistency, focus, intensity, ownership, accountability, and planningand puts them together in a straightforward system that actually works. What more can you ask for?"
MATTHEW E. WINTER, President, Allstate Auto, Home and Agencies
"The 12 Week Year is a book you can open to any chapter and find valuable insights and practical actions you can put into practice today. Read it; study it; apply it!"
TOM IZZO, Head Coach, Michigan State University men's basketball team
"Brian Moran and Michael Lennington have persuaded me that focusing on shorter time periodsfour 'year ends' instead of onebrings clarity and urgency to individuals and teams. I've already drawn up my own 12-week plan. Exciting!"
SUSAN SCOTT, author of Fierce Conversations and Fierce Leadership
"If you are an executive or entrepreneur and you are serious about creating a high-performance culture that executes well, then read this book and have your team read it too."
JOHN VACCARO, Senior Vice President, MassMutual Financial Group
"The 12 Week Year is a powerful system for achieving extraordinary results both professionally and personally. It's a simple yet proven approach to creating breakthrough results. If you're committed to making lasting changes, this is a must-read!"
TOM BURNS, Chief Distribution Officer, Allianz
Top customer reviews
- The book gives a lot of good ideas and references for setting up a productive time system.
- Based on what they found working in their company The Execution Company
- Great Price for what is offered in similar courses that cost X20 more.
- Shortens the Cycle to 12 Weeks
- Proposes a system for feedback to see if your on track.
- Mentions Time Blocking
- Has you self grade yourself in 7 areas, on a scale of 1-10.
- Focuses you on a few key tasks.
- Good call outs to more resources.
- Good explanation of Commitments
- Good explanation of common pitfalls
- Link to a free 12 week autoresponder weekly series that sends a pdf with needed forms.
- Good to call out the need for a partner, for the accountability issue.
- Discusses need to focus.
What I am Not Seeing:
- Mention of Scrum. A lot of what they are proposing is basically a scrum or agility based time management system, for the individual.
- No link to free forms for the system. I guess you get that from the free autoresponder system, or pay X Dollars for the workbook. It would be nice if this was explained more at the back of the book
- Matchbook Pricing. I love it when authors when you buy the physical book, offer a Matchbook for the Kindle Edition.
- No monitoring of your energy level. Another system you can buy includes this.
- Continual process improvement - another part of Scrum.
I am guessing if you use the software, small fee needed, it makes setting up the system a lot easier.
Basically, the author suggests that if you reduce the time horizon on your goals from a year to a 12 week period (what the business world refers to as a "quarter,") you'll accomplish more. I don't disagree with this concept- the less time we think have to get something done, the less time we typically waste. Beyond that, the book consists of nothing but repackaged, repetitive content already covered in books by others like Stephen Covey and Brian Tracy.
The book does, however, offer the reader additional support. For only $89.00 you can purchase the 12 Week Year Study Guide. For a mere $147.00 you can take the 12 Week Year Challenge. For just $197.00 you can purchase "Achieve," the 12 Week Year online system. Although I give the author 2 stars for the book, I give him 5 stars for his marketing machine.
By applying the principles here you loose the ability to fool yourself into thinking you are on track.
I believe its a great book for people who have big goals because, if followed, will lead you through goals clarification and breaking down what to do into the short term (days, week) and near term (month, 3 month); yearly results follow.
You may know what to do, this principle will keep you doing it on a time frame that gets results.
(Suggest getting Brian Tracy's 'Eat That Frog' to go with it.)