12-ounce Brass Head Dead-blow Fretting Hammer
|Price:||$13.99 + $3.49 shipping|
- Dead-blow design eliminates bouncing and rebounding
- Brass head won't mar nickel-silver guitar frets. Flip over and use the plastic head for even gentler tapping
- 12-ounce weight perfect for accurately seating frets, easy grip with non-slip molded orange plastic handle
- Useful for many tasks beyond fretting - any time a part needs gentle, non-marring "encouragement"
- Bright color scheme makes this hammer hard to lose in your shop!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
These hammers now come with our "C. B. Gitty" brand printed on the head, and we are able to offer them at a lower price due to buying direct from the manufacturer! We have been using these hammers for fretting in our shop for years, and they are just great for fretting... and much more! The 12-ounce weight is just right for tapping in frets, and the deadblow-style design keeps the hammer from bouncing or rebounding. The hammer has a brass head on one side which won't mar frets, and the other side can be used as a light-duty mallet as needed. We have found that these hammers have a lot of good uses in the shop, in addition to fretting - any time you need to "gently encourage" something into place, and don't want to bring a hardened steel hammer into play, this is your go-to tool. Shane Speal says: "I can't believe how often I reach for this hammer when building CBGs!".