Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
1210503 Out 28-pc Uni Gun Wd Clean Box
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$3.31 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Hunting gun Cleaning kits
- Another quality Bushnell product
- Attractive aged-oak finished wood construction
- Universal components to cover cleaning duties for a large variety of firearms
- Strong, solid brass rods with high-quality tips, mops and brushes
- Custom parts organizers providing convenient and organized access to contents
- Reliable chemicals that are second-to-none
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Outers Universal .22 & up 28-piece 70082 gun cleaning kit in wooden box. Hunting gun cleaning kits. Made of the highest quality materials
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This cleaning kit is more than expected for the price. Okay, the wooden box is not custom carved teak. Geez. The supplied brass rods are certainly substantial enough for a typical gun cleaning as well as the additional accessories. In case no one has noticed, most of the plastic parts are what you get these days and plastic has come a long way since the 1960's (Have been cleaning guns since the 60's, six years in the Army and owned my own gunshop.) with the pick being just fine as it will not scratch steel which my gun is made of. The brushes should last as brass brushes do and the mops and such, which includes an aluminum thread adapter, will need replacement as they will wear out and get dirty. They all do! Removed the foam in the lid as this will not be used as a field kit and yes, once the mops and such get wet with cleaner and oils that foam will likely deteriorate. I typically do not clean guns while out shooting but then I don't have to go far to shoot and make a day of it. I go across the road.
So if you have the money to spend on this kit versus half the money or better on a less or single caliber kit, get it.
The wood box is one of the very few good points of this kit and even that is a disappointment. It's cheap; the top and bottom are 1/8 inch plywood; glue remnants are in every inside seam.
I will keep this as short as possible:
- the cleaning jags are soft plastic. They should be brass. Above all else this is the worst aspect of this product.
- the pick is soft plastic.
- no guide for the cleaning rod.
- the box liner that's supposed to keep all the bits in their place is paper thin. Don't be surprised if the chemicals melt it right away.
Pros (the reasons I gave this product a two not a one star review):
- includes lots of stuff so you can compare what cheap stuff is like v.s. good quality stuff that you'll buy later
- the mops and brushes are "ok" for the first two or three uses
- you will learn that cheap and quality do not go hand in hand. As far as lessons go this this one is pretty cheap
- the plastic pick is serviceable for what it is
- you get a box to put better components in
Get good quality bits for your specific gun from a reputable company.
The Outers 28 Piece Universal Wood Gun Cleaning Box kit is nice. It's the first gun cleaning kit I've used and was nicely priced for me. I bought it to clean my Smith & Wesson M&P 9 and M&P 45 which it has every tool to complete the job. It comes with cleaning patches, but I didn't try them yet since I have a stock pile already. The size of the bronze brushes and the mops fit great in both my pistols used in conjunction with a cleaning patch for both. I only needed the handled cleaning rod since I don't have a rifle that needs the extensions, but it worked well when cleaning the barrels. The patch loops were also good and easy to use and attach. I used the pick and nylon double ended brush for the hard to get areas by putting a patch on the end and moving across slide rails, and around the trigger mechanics. I haven't used the jags so I can't comment on those. The wood case is nice as well, and all pieces fit back in their allocated slots.
Overall, this was a good kit for me, a beginner at the time of purchase. It's not heavy duty, but I don't plan on putting it through extreme conditions, and plan on taking good care of it so that it last me a long time which it looks like it will do.
UPDATE December 9, 2014: I've also used this kit to clean a Winchester Pump 62A 22 Long Rifle, so I got to use all the extension rods which worked great. I also used it on a S&W 29-3 44 Magnum 6 inch Revolver as well rod on a S&W 24-3 44 Special Snub Nose Revolver. The kit had everything needed to get these additional firearms cleaned and is holding up great. I will eventually try to clean an old Belgian 16 gauge shotgun, but haven't had the opportunity to use it on that one yet to see if all extensions will fit down the long barrels.