|Hard Drive||12 TB Desktop|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $10.88 shipping
+ Free Shipping
WD 12TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBLWE0120JCH-NESN
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 2-Bay, 12TB Personal Cloud Storage includes 2 x 6TB HDD
- User-selectable RAID 0/1 or JBOD lets you configure your drive for more speed (default setting: RAID 0), data protection (drive mirroring: RAID 1) or operate as two independent drives (JBOD)
- High-capacity external storage and backup. Ultra-fast, optimized data transfer speeds. Protecting your data with multiple backup options
- Complete backup solutions to secure your data from loss - Integrated backup software, Cloud backup with Dropbox, System-level backup
- Speed and security with hardware encrypted RAID
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Store it all in one place with twice the data protection
All your photos, videos and files are centralized on one drive and automatically duplicated onto the second drive for twice the data protection.
Note: Half of total usable capacity available in factory RAID 1 mode.
Quickly transfer, save and protect your entire media collection
- Up to 16 TB to hold all your large media files
- Speed and security with hardware encrypted RAID
- Ready to use right out of the box for Windows OS
- Easily reformatted for Mac OSX
Equipped with two WD Red HDDs, My Book Duo gives you massive capacity with twice the speed. By combining drive performance, you get up transfer speeds up to 324MB/s,* so you can transfer a full HD video, or your entire media collection, with ease.
*Read speeds (MB/s) testing by WD resulted in actual transfer rates of 324.9 MB/s on 16 TB configuration. Performance may vary based on configuration, operating system and computer hardware configuration.
My Book Duo is your personalized digital vault. With up to 16TB of capacity, you have the room to keep your entire media collection and important documents safe and organized in a single place.
Automatic backup software
Set your own schedule to copy updated files or backup new folders automatically with WD SmartWare. The backup software works quietly in the background so your data is protected with minimal impact on your PC. WD SmartWare also works with Dropbox,** so you can even save your files to the cloud.
**Dropbox account required for cloud back up. Cloud services may be changed, interrupted, or terminated at any time. Policies may vary by country and individual cloud service.
Acronis True Image WD Edition backs up your files on a system level, so you can keep your entire operating system and everything on it close at hand. With Acronis True Image and My Book Duo, all of your files, applications, and system settings are backed up on a secure device.
Multiple data management options
My Book Duo ships preconfigured in RAID 0 for maximum performance and capacity. Customize to fit your needs with RAID 1 for ultimate data protection or JBOD to use the drives individually.
Reliable hardware encryption with password protection
My Book Duo provides 256-bit AES hardware encryption. With password protection, My Book Duo ensures your entire media collection and important files are protected from unauthorized access.
Compare to similar items
This item WD 12TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBLWE0120JCH-NESN
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Digital Storage Capacity||12 TB||8 TB||4 TB||8 TB||—||6 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Desktop||Desktop||Portable||Desktop||Desktop||Desktop|
|Hard-Drive Size||12 TB||8 TB||4 TB||8 TB||16 TB||6 TB|
|Hardware Connectivity||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0||USB 3.0|
|Item Dimensions||6.2 x 3.9 x 6.5 in||4.75 x 6.93 x 1.44 in||3.21 x 4.33 x 0.85 in||1.61 x 4.65 x 7.8 in||4.28 x 8.51 x 5.82 in||1.9 x 5.5 x 6.7 in|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||2.09 lbs||0.54 lb||2.34 lbs||7.87 lbs||2.33 lbs|
|Memory Storage Capacity||—||8 TB||4 TB||8 TB||16 GB||6 GB|
Transfer, save and protect your photos, videos, music and other massive files to free up valuable space on your computers. Featuring blazing-fast transfer speeds, local, cloud and system-level backup options, hardware RAID and password protection, My Book Duo is the ultimate storage solution offering the capacity and security you need.
Top customer reviews
1) Software encryption: this is enabled by the user by adding password protection via the included WD software. It can be enabled or disabled by the user (assuming you have the correct password).
2) Hardware encryption: there is none. However, the RAID is implemented via hardware in the MyBook Duo enclosure. The implications of this design are as follows:
a. The proprietary nature of the hardware RAID implementation means that the individual disk drives CANNOT be read outside of the MyBook Duo enclosure. I believe this is not unique to the MyBook Duo as many other RAID enclosures have the same characteristics.
b. The RAID implementation is the same from enclosure to enclosure. Therefore, a drive created in one MyBook Duo enclosure CAN be installed into another MyBook Duo enclosure and READ SUCCESSFULLY. (As I have two MyBook Duo’s, I have physically tested this.)
c. If the MyBook Duo enclosure fails for any reason, a replacement enclosure will read the disks successfully. The data IS NOT LOST.
3) With respect to temperature, when running continuously for an hour or more (such as when performing a backup), the drives reach temperatures in excess of 55C. While I believe the drives can endure such temperatures, I believe that is hotter than desired. Therefore, I recommend that Western Digital updates its design of the MyBook Duo enclosure to include a small exhaust fan.
4) I have added small, 80 mm (3”) USB-powered variable-speed fans that sit directly on top of the MyBook Duo enclosures to help expel the excess heat from the drives. Even though the fans are small and virtually silent, they are probably overkill as it only takes a minimal amount of extra air movement (the fans are at the lowest setting) to keep the drives comfortably below 40C, even when running continuously.
5) Overall, I am happy with the MyBook Duo (8TB drives). While I do believe the lack of a fan is a non-optimal design decision, it is easy to add an exterior fan that works very effectively at maintaining more desirable drive temperatures.
If you are using this drive with the Xbox One and use a lot of accessories that also need USB ports, you may want to buy a 4-port USB hub. I wasn't thinking about that when I bought this and had to pick one up later.
I'm using it right now for my database, but before I installed it on my PC I checked it out on my Xbox One. Works very well there as a plug-and-play device, if you're wondering.
We appreciate your feedback and regret discovering your experience with the WD My Book Duo has not been satisfactory.
We were able to locate your case based on your feedback and will forward your review to our team to contact you soon. If you prefer to reach us prior to this, please be sure to reference your case number and review to our agents so we can connect you with a product specialist.
Need Help? Please contact us at 1 (800) 275-4932
I'm sure in like a year the 8TB hard drives will be using some new hardware that doesn't have this problem, so maybe wait for that if noise is a concern or go down to the 4TB. I have the 4TB MyBook and it does not produce any noise.
We appreciate the sharing of your experience with us and apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused. Unfortunately, we were unable to locate you in our system from the information contained in this review; but would very much like another chance to make this right from our next level of support. We have released a newer version of WD Drive Utilities for Windows and Mac computers with improved Raid Management feature and recommend uninstalling the original utility, downloading and installing the most current version from our website. In addition to upgrading the software, it is always a good idea to maintain the latest firmware codes for the enclosure as well.
"How to update the firmware on a My Book or My Passport": http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=5460
"My Book Duo Downloads > WD Drive Utilities for Windows or Mac": http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en
We would appreciate if you contact us directly via phone or Email below and mention your previous case number along with this Amazon review in order to be escalated to our next level of support. We would like to repair this relationship with our loyal customer by making this right with you.
Need Help? Please follow the link below for further assistance or contact us at 1(800) 275-4932.
Most recent customer reviews
Con: missing power on off switch. I do not keep my gear powered 24 hours.Read more