- File Size: 186 KB
- Print Length: 42 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: The Write Practice (December 6, 2011)
- Publication Date: December 6, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0073VC50C
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #176,688 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
14 Prompts: Unusual Prompts for Surprising Creativity Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
That said, he's an outstanding writer and his prompts intrigued me. I just had no clue about what to do with them. My bad. Good job, Joe Bunting.
A friend recommended Bunting's blog "The Write Practice" and after I read his prompt on "The Fool" I became a follower. In this prompt, Bunting explained how every Shakespeare play, Disney movie, and most literature has a fool--a character that the good treat nicely and the bad treat horribly. His explanation, examples and prompt were so deep, yet so simple I wanted to scream, "Why didn't I think of that!"
The best part of this book for me was the prompt dealing with writer's block. It was as though he had reached into all of the darkest corners of my mind, laying bare my worries, concerns, and fears. Then, he gives you the tools to tear those fears apart. It was utterly brilliant.
I would certainly recommend this book to all writers. Even if you're not a writer, I can imagine this book would allow anyone and everyone to view the world around them differently.
This book was given to me by the Author for an honest review.
If you've been burning to share your story but don't know where to start ...
If you have a way with sentences but haven't found your story ...
Or if you're just blocked blocked blocked ...
You don't have to start at the beginning. This is the kind of exercise book that encourages serendipity. Dip into it, and see where the prompts lead you.
I've been pleasantly surprised by the new directions my own writing's been led to since using the prompts. Better still, the prompts can be re-used, with pleasantly different results.
Don't take my word for it.
Get into the exercises, start practicing and see where the sentences lead you.
Best done in company.
If you haven't any, do it with the rest of us at <...>
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thank you for this great tool.
I was so attracted by its preface that, after the downloading, I immediately...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Self-Help > Creativity
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help > Creativity