Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1400mAh NB-5L / NB5L Replacement Battery for Canon PowerShot SD700 IS, SD790 IS, SD800 IS, SD850 IS, SD870 IS, SD890 IS, SD900, and SD950 IS - Japanese Cells
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on December 12, 2009
I tried to save a few bucks and bought a couple of these generic "Wasabi Power" batteries. Advertised as containing Japanese cells, these batteries are manufactured in China. Despite having an alleged rating of 1400mAh (compared to Canon's 1120mAh) these batteries - fresh out of the charger - only lasted about half the time compared to the original Canon battery. If you need a relatively inexpensive backup battery when you need to squeeze out a few more shots, then you could probably make do with these. However, if you plan on shooting for any appreciable amount of time, I suggest biting the bullet and paying Canon a little more money for the OEM replacement. At least you know it will be reliable.
on February 7, 2009
I refuse to Pay CANON $46.00 for these batteries! I have purchased 44 canon Elph Cameras so far and never have less than two batteries with me at all times. I paid about $15.00 here and this allows me to have three on hand for the price of one. I have a car charger and the normal charger and never ruin an event by running out of battery to allow for a great shoot...no limits in power available all day!
I also use Amazon to buy the Digital Elf KIT which gives you a genuine CANON battery and the Leather Case and a very nice Metal Neck Strap, for around $48.00. That is a Combination and a price that you cannot beat anywhere! Thanks Amazon, R F Hauser 1400mAh NB-5L / NB5L Replacement Battery for Canon PowerShot SD700 IS, SD790 IS, SD800 IS, SD850 IS, SD870 IS, SD890 IS, SD900, and SD950 IS - Japanese Cells
on December 3, 2008
I am using this battery with my Canon PowerShot SD990 IS and it is equal to if not better than the Canon OEM battery which would have cost me $58.
This is a really good value!
on September 26, 2011
Doesn't hold a charge as long as my official canon battery, and it somehow feels a little lighter. However, it is a perfect fit, takes the same amount of time to charge, and considering the price is a mere fraction of the 'real thing' it's performance is acceptable to me. I bought this to function as a backup when my canon battery is charging and it has worked perfectly in this regard. Even though the charge is a little shorter than the canon NB-5L I'm ok with it.
on December 19, 2009
This battery is not expensive. Even though it is rated at 1400mAh it doesn't last as long as the 1100mAh battery that came with the camera. Still it was worth the price and it gets me through about a day which provides plenty of time to charge the other one.
on February 24, 2013
I have bought several of these and some haven't been too bad, and some of them haven't been as good, but this last one I got doesn't seem to hold a charge for any length of time, even without having used it. It was a complete waste of money. I don't like giving bad reviews, but when you pay for something that doesn't work, no matter how less expensive it is, it's still a bad deal.
on December 2, 2008
I was expecting a decent replacement battery for this price (>$14). It says 1400mAh, but it is not even close to the original 1140mAh battery. I've charged it several times, but once put in the camera, a few pictures later, camera is flashing the "battery depleted" icon. Will return it!
on December 31, 2010
Somehow I've managed to lose the original battery and need a back up. I was glad to be able to find this battery on Amazon by using the product code on the battery itself because it's the better of the two batteries I had. By a long shot!

Highly recommended!
on December 3, 2013
worked great, no problems, fit the camera well. I gave it as part of a gift for my mother in law, she loved the camera and the battery was great, one can charge while the other is in use.
on May 2, 2012
Replacement battery brought my camera back to life -- great price too!! I was ready to buy a new camera before buying this battery.