Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 505 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 557 reviews
on November 11, 2016
Dr. John Maxwell has mentored me from a distance through his books. This book is no different. A wonderful, deep, and profound read.

Dr. Maxwell shares profound insights and truths using every day simple tools like the Law of the rubber band. If you want to grow, you must stretch.
The Law of contribution. If you want to contribute, you must first develop yourself, so that you can develop others.

A insightful read if you want to intentionally grow, contribute, and give back.

William Teh
Investor | Author | Entrepreneur
TTTrends Investments
on April 22, 2014
Unfortunately, unlike many of my fellow reviewers, this book did not light my fire relative to personal growth. And I am really not sure why it did not. It may be because I already put both my personal and professional growth at a very high priority level.

It may also be because I found the multiple quotes per page a major distraction to what Dr. Maxwell had to say. His words were overwhelmed by the quotes.

I also found the quotes to add little value to what Dr. Maxwell had to say. I kept thinking that of the quotes were removed, just how much smaller and maybe more potent the book would be.

While I have no issue with any of Dr. Maxwell's 15 laws of growth, I feel the value of the book was lost by an over reliance on the quotes of others.
on March 2, 2017
This was a good book, full of great insights, but I found it so incredibly boring to read. I always like to finish the books that I start, but I have to admit this one was rather hard, and it's not very long. I wasn't motivated at all while reading this, I felt like I was studying a textbook, "learning" how to grow as if I was going to need to pass a test on growth. But as I look back at my highlights, I find that it is pretty good info after all. Maybe it is because this is the second book in a row I read by this guy, I just couldn't take it anymore.
on April 14, 2016
Excellent read on self-improvement and visualizing what you, as a human being, can make happen! Listed out in detail per chapter, this is definitely a worth-while exploration into what motivates us, what can keep us going, how we can react to situations, and how we can affect other people in our lives. Success is a matter of perspective and this book shows us how to get there!
on July 2, 2017
This is a great book. I believe most people could benefit from parts of this book (I realize no book is going to meet everyone's needs). I like this book for two simple reasons. First, Maxwell's writing is easy to read, even when I am tired. Second, this book can be read "on the spot" and within 2 minutes I have captured something useful. I can go to any page, start reading, and retain something helpful for personal development (i.e., sparks internal inspiration: "Hey, you can work on this for the week!"). For busy people who read "on the fly" - this is a very helpful and motivating book for personal growth.
on July 28, 2017
Again John Maxwell has hit the ball out of the park. So many good steps for personal growth. Even if someone is not a leader of a group, this is an excellent read. The one major point that stuck with me is personal growth is not an overnight thing, it takes consistency day upon day working a growth plan. We do not plant an acorn one day and expect a mighty oak the next, it takes years.

Put just a few of these principles into your daily routine and you will automatically see growth.
on October 28, 2015
The literature is simple to follow. So simple this entire audio book is like it repeats the first chapter again and again with slightly different variations. The points they are aiming to instill in the reader are interesting enough to keep my attention for a while. (I am the type that can not sit still though and have yet to make it through the entire audio book.
The narrator is your typical voice nothing interesting very basic, meaning there wasn't an accent or much character in the voice.
on March 18, 2017
One of the best books I've read. It's definitely the best book I've read about growth. I'm buying additional copies for friends, staff and colleagues. It's phenomenally written, insightful and very helpful.
on May 22, 2017
This book, for the most part covered what I am looking for. How to deal with fear, its cause and how to handle it.
I am following their recommendations, some don't apply to me, but I am using what helps me and I found a lot of help.
I keep reading chapters that apply to me. I didn't mind the religious part of the book. It wasn't overdone, so i was completely fine with it.
on October 19, 2015
I have really enjoyed this book. Maxwell is very easy to read and understand. I take part in a book club with my friends and recommended this book to them as well. We plan to read it soon together.

One thing I love is that at the end of each chapter, Maxwell gives practical steps to follow in order to apply the law he introduced.