Top positive review
183 people found this helpful
The cookies on the bottom shelf
on October 3, 2012
John gives his best to us again! He's a teacher that has blessed me personally and professionally. I heard John teach on this live in February 2012 with the John Maxwell Team and he was like a little kid in a candy store, filled with passion and excitement. He believes what he writes and he lives what he believes. The book is just as good as John live.
Is the book simple? You bet. Is it difficult to apply. Of course. But, the framework of the 15 Laws is one model that will help you be more successful in every area of your life. Truly, we cannot lead anyone further than we've led ourselves and this book will give you the tools to lead yourself to your next level.
Enjoy the 15 Laws:
1. Law of Intentionality - Growth doesn't just happen.
2. Law of Awareness - You must know yourself to grow yourself.
3. Law of the Mirror - You must see value in yourself to add value to yourself.
4. Law of Reflection. Learning to pause allows growth to catch up with you.
5. Law of Consistency. Motivation gets you going. Discipline keeps you growing.
6. Law of Environment: Growth thrives in conducive surroundings.
7. Law of Design: To maximize growth develop strategies.
8. Law of Pain. Good management of bad experiences leads to great growth.
9. Law of ladder. Character growth determines the height of your personal growth.
10. Law of the rubber band. Growth stops when you lose the tension of where you are and where you could be.
11. Law of tradeoffs. You have to give up to go up.
12. Law of Curiosity. Growth is stimulated is asking why.
13. Law of Modeling. It's hard to improve when you have no one but yourself to follow.
14. Law of expansion. Growth always increases your capacity.
15. Law of Contribution. Growing yourself enables you to grow others.