Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh External Battery Pack 2-Port 3A Output Portable Charger Power Bank for USB Devices (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Monster capacity (15000mAh) charges the iPhone almost 7 times, large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 4 times or almost a full charge to an iPad 3 / 4. In terms of power, this is the biggest, baddest battery in the Anker® mobile line.
- Super-fast charge output (5V / 3A total) through dual USB ports (5V / 2A and 5V / 1A) allow for simultaneous charging of your iPad, iPhone, Android, and more at high speed.
- Smooth, ebony varnish allows you to power up in style, while 4 status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity. Built-in flashlight for dark or low-light environments.
- Ultra-high density battery cells make this the world's most compact 15000mAh external battery. Use a 5V / 1.5A adapter (not included) for fastest charging (9-10 hours).
- Package contents: Anker® Astro E5 External Battery, Accessories, instruction manual.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||2.44 x 5.91 x 0.87 in||2.28 x 6.64 x 0.87 in||2.36 x 3.62 x 0.87 in||3.2 x 3.8 x 0.9 in||3.21 x 7.09 x 0.87 in||1.7 x 3.8 x 0.9 in|
|Item Weight||0.68 lb||0.78 lb||6.4 ounces||0.56 lb||0.04 ounces||4.2 ounces|
Just because the E5 packs a punch, doesn't mean it can't look nice. We went with a smooth, ebony finish to keep you traveling in style. Simple, unobtrusive features, such as one-touch status LEDs and a built-in flashlight, give you everything you need out of a battery without sacrificing aesthetics.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A few observations. It's heavy. Now that's a reflection of the size (and capacity) of any battery, but at 315g it does contribute to overall weight you have to carry around.
The flashlight is mostly annoying. With the large button on the face of the product, the flashlight is too easy to activate unintentionally. So many times have I opened my bag to find that the flashlight got turned on just from jostling.
The form factor is bulky, due to the 24mm thickness. Like weight, the overall size is a reflection of the size/capacity of any battery, but a slimmer body, even with the same volume, would be more easily packable. (Conversely, the worse possible form factor for packing purposes might be a cube of identical volume.) I see that newer Anker models seem to have adopted a thinner profile, which I will definitely look for whenever I have to replace it. (As it seems to be still going strong after almost 4 years and is built like a brick, I have no idea when that might be.)
Quality, speed of charging, and size (both of the battery and physical) are my primary considerations. Anker succeeds in all of them. Their devices are well made, sleek and solid. They charge an iPad Air while you use it (the failure to accomplish this resulted in the Limefuel being returned) quickly and an iPhone amazingly fast. It's small enough to carry around in a bag or even a pocket if you needed to. It's my back up for everyday and for travelling.
However, two things made me really hate it and consider buying a new one:
- the light button keeps getting pushed by mistake while carrying it in the bag, which drains its power. You'll have to get a hard case for it or something.
- The micro USB port because loose and won't hold any cable you plug into it.
Won't recommend it.
Anker contacted me and issued a refund one day after this 2 star review, Wow!!! best support I've ever seen on Amazon hands down! I bought another Anker battery (different design though because I don't like this one), because I can rest assured that Anker got my back if anything goes wrong, and I've increased the score for just this one awesome reason!
Quality is great, and it comes with a fabric bag to keep it looking shiny. The included USB micro cable is nice and short for charging your phone in your bag whilst walking around,
The only downside is having to remember to press the button to start it charging, and occasionally double pressing said button and blinding yourself when the flashlight comes on, but then that's more of a user issue than a product one.
Very highly recommended!
The flashlight mode is goofy and the switch to activate it is too sensitive. But the led light current is minuscule so if it is accidentally switched on it would take a very long time to significantly discharge the battery.
This product and a 10w solar panel is an offgridder's dream