- Size (LWH): 5.91 inches, 2.44 inches, 0.91 inches
- Weight: 10.88 ounces
Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh External Battery Pack 2-Port 3A Output Portable Charger Power Bank for USB Devices (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Monster capacity (15000mAh) charges the iPhone almost 7 times, large-capacity phones like the Galaxy S4 4 times or almost a full charge to an iPad 3 / 4. In terms of power, this is the biggest, baddest battery in the Anker® mobile line.
- Super-fast charge output (5V / 3A total) through dual USB ports (5V / 2A and 5V / 1A) allow for simultaneous charging of your iPad, iPhone, Android, and more at high speed.
- Smooth, ebony varnish allows you to power up in style, while 4 status LEDs keep you informed of remaining capacity. Built-in flashlight for dark or low-light environments.
- Ultra-high density battery cells make this the world's most compact 15000mAh external battery. Use a 5V / 1.5A adapter (not included) for fastest charging (9-10 hours).
- Package contents: Anker® Astro E5 External Battery, Accessories, instruction manual.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Just because the E5 packs a punch, doesn't mean it can't look nice. We went with a smooth, ebony finish to keep you traveling in style. Simple, unobtrusive features, such as one-touch status LEDs and a built-in flashlight, give you everything you need out of a battery without sacrificing aesthetics.
Top Customer Reviews
I bought some other boosters and realized that most of them lie about their capabilities. Not this one. This one delivers. It's a little big, but quality power is going to take up a little space. There's no way around that (yet).
Four things about this that make it stand out, and one tiny gripe:
1) No joke on the power rating. Other devices fudge their numbers, not this one. If anything, this is under-rated.
2) Output power is the same - a solid 2 Amps, possibly more on the 2A jack. Charges my stuff faster than any plug in charger.
3) Recharges fast - pulls a full 2A from its source, so it's making the best possible charge case. (You'll need to buy a decent wall charger to get the most of this).
4) Can charge while it's supplying power - this means one less USB cable to deal with. Actually acts like a two-port USB charge hub on the desk.
Small gripe - it shuts off once it charges your phone, but I'd like it to stay on or sense when it's needed again. For example, I return to my hotel room, the phone is at 75% and I plug it in. It charges the phone to 100% then shuts off. The phone then drains down to say 90% because this booster has turned off - and needs a tap on the power button to wake it back up. Small gripe.
This might be the best bang-for-buck booster available right now.
Quality, speed of charging, and size (both of the battery and physical) are my primary considerations. Anker succeeds in all of them. Their devices are well made, sleek and solid. They charge an iPad Air while you use it (the failure to accomplish this resulted in the Limefuel being returned) quickly and an iPhone amazingly fast. It's small enough to carry around in a bag or even a pocket if you needed to. It's my back up for everyday and for travelling.
Fast recharging and I use the Anker Folding Solar Panel to charge this, so recharging my iPod of cell costs nothing. Slightly on the heavy side, but then it is expected since the battery has such a large capacity. Comes with a nice carry bag that also has a partition that allows you to put in a cord, something that is beneficial as I always seem to remember the backup battery, then forget the power cable to recharge my devices.
Worth the money, if you don't mind the constant hounding for a review. Most customers will do so in their time, badgering people does not bode well.