Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 8, 2013
This is my all time favorite coconut oil. I use it for everything,....cooking, body oil, facial, hair conditioner, and on sores and pain on my body. And it really helps!!!

Update: I had a very bad burn on my hand from cooking a large New Year's Eve Dinner and it totally disappeared in 2 months time...by March it was gone. I mean, it was one of those burns where the skin was deeply exposed and peeling and looked horrific after 3 days. I just used the oil daily on my entire body and before realizing it...the burn and scar were gone!!! Perfectly new skin growth and no sign of a scar... I was amazed!!! It always helped
with any kind of body aches/pain or sores, but I never experienced this on a burn!!!
5 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2013
I love the coconut oil, and like some else said the flavor is not that strong because the process is not with machines, and does not contains bleach like other brands, and is made from fresh coconut; people should do research before buying other brands, the benefits are so many and my whole family loves the flavor and we used in just about anything, even in our smoothies
on February 22, 2011
I purchased my first gallon of the Gold Label EVCO after much praise (and prompting) from several friends of mine that drool over their own gallons sitting in their pantries!

I ordered in Feb of 2011 and I have got to say .... this TT EVCO is so YUMMY!!! We made the BEST oatmeal cookies and granola with it! I love making Thai & Cuban dishes with it, plantains came our AWESOME!!
I LOVE the scent and smell on my skin and it makes a wonderful salve for baby bottoms!!

I have tried a few other EVCO like Nutiva, and yes Nutiva is good but I like the taste of TT EVCO so much better. It is cremier, more fragrant and better tasting!
Everyone is different and everyone has their personal preferences. They are both pretty much priced equally and I believe both run specials on their products, but like I mentioned ... I just happened to like TT better.

As with EVCO, if you don't like the taste of EVCO, grab the Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil which does not have a coconut flavor but still has the benefits of coconut oil.

I don't regret anything about this purchase ... other than the price went up to $70.00 the day after I ordered it at $48.00 ... that's a pretty big price hike!

If you are not sure, try ordering a small jar and see if you like it instead of ordering a huge 1 gallon and they regretting your purchase. :o)
8 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2013
A friend of mine had some coconut oil that had no taste. This product tastes like coconut. I'm very happy using it as a butter substitute on toast or warm rolls. I put in on crackers and sometimes use it to fry eggs although it makes the pan very slippery and turning the eggs over can be a challenge. I also drop a spoonful into cooking rice.
on November 21, 2012
I have used dozens of brands of coconut oil over the years, and TT's Gold Label is my favorite. First, they use glass jars, which is important to me since I don't feel like eating plastic byproducts that have leached into my food during the course of travel and storage on shelves. Second, it tastes and smells incredible. It has a high lauric acid content and I have used it to heal and prevent blemishes. In fact, coconut oil has been shown in studies to exhibit a penchant for killing P.acnes bacteria, similar to that of benzoyl peroxide but without the toxicity (The Antimicrobial Activity of Liposomal Lauric Acids Against Propionibacterium acnes, 2009). However, the coconut oil must be high quality to be effective, which is why, time and again, I buy this particular brand.

~Stephanie
Epic Beauty Guide *com
8 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2015
This is an update to the original review, which I'll leave below: Tropical Traditions sent a 32. oz jar of the green label to try after the bad experience with the 16 oz gold label. This was a generous gesture and much appreciated. It turns out the green label that we received is awesome, had none of the problems of the gold label, and was superior to other brands of coconut oils we've used. I hope tropical traditions will sell the green label on Amazon, either directly or through a distributor. I appreciate Tropical Traditions taking a risk to send a large free sample of their other product. I'm leaving the two star review for the gold label because it tasted so terrible, but if the green label were on Amazon I would give it a 5-star review.

original review:

Product tasted and smelled foul. I'm a daily coconut oil user and don't mind paying a premium for the best, so I was excited to find this product. I understand accidents, mistakes and "bad batches" happen, and that's no problem. I have no idea what category this falls into. Unfortunately I didn't open the jar until I used up the other coconut oil already in my cupboard and more than 30 days had passed. If you do purchase, open and taste right away. At first neither the seller, Natural Sweetie, nor the manufacturer, Tropical Traditions would assume responsibility and provide a label and / or a refund. After several unsuccessful attempts for a resolution, I posted an honest negative review. After I did so, on the same day, the seller, Natural Sweetie gave me a refund and the manufacturer offered to send me their other product, "Green Label Coconut Oil" to sample. This was greatly appreciated on both counts. I won't know if I got a bad batch or not, because I won't be ordering another and neither party offered to send me another. But, I will try the Green Label and see what happens. I do think the negative review contributed to both the seller and manufacturer taking action, which on one hand is greatly appreciated, and on the other hand, has me concerned for other consumers whose requests for resolution could be refused unless they, too, post a negative review that the seller or manufacturer would prefer be taken down. So, I'm changing my review from one star, which was a combination of a bad jar plus no action from the seller(s) to tw stars, which reflects a bad jar plus helpful action from the seller(s).
2 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on February 25, 2013
This size lasts us a month or more. We use it for frying, as our butter, and it tastes really good on toast or anything sweet. We keep in in the bathroom as an after shower moisturizer, and on the kitchen sink for hands. The expeller pressed is also good for cooking savory foods -- no taste and just pure good fat.
3 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2011
I have used Tropical Traditions coconut oil for at least 6 years, when a friend told me about them. I have referred many friends to them. I always buy a gallon of the Gold Label and use it for all my baking and sauteeing. The quality is wonderful and I have never had any issues with the taste being bad (other review). My 4 year old loves the oil so much he will eat it by the spoonful. It has a wonderful creamy coconut flavor. We also buy the coconut cream concentrate and use it on toast in place of butter (we cannot eat dairy). My boy also loves the cream and would probably eat the whole jar if he could!
All the coconut oils are solid up until 74 degrees I think, so it will only be liquified if it is very hot in the summer months. I have never had this problem living in SW Colorado. Yes, the lids are hard to get off, however they have to be in order to keep the oil in the bucket if it liquifies.
I highly recommend this oil to anyone that wants to cook with a very healthy oil. If you go to the TT website, this Gold Label is processed by hand in the tradition way, with fresh coconuts. It is their highest quality coconut oil. We use only this and olive oil for everything. I had no idea Amazon carries it, for a great price!
on August 18, 2013
Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is by far the best I've tried! It has a lighter texture than others and tastes very fresh. I use it to make popcorn in a pan, sauté veggies, pan-fry fish (dusted in coconut flour), and many other ways for cooking/baking It's good right from the spoon for energy and a way to stop cravings. Worth the price for sure.
on October 1, 2010
This Gold Label coconut oil has a unique taste. Every other organic or natural coconut oil I've tried has a very light, clean taste of coconut with maybe a little sweetness to it. This Gold Label type has a stronger taste, and not one I associate with fresh coconut. It's OK for cooking meat or vegetables, but I would not use it for any foods where I wanted a sweet taste (like on a sweet potato or in a fruit pie). I'm kind of baffled by the Amazon reviews of this oil in the 32 oz size which say it's bland and doesn't have as much taste as other coconut oils. Less coconut taste maybe, but overall the flavor is stronger. To me anyway. It's possible that since the product is hand made, the flavor may not be consistent between batches. I'm on my second jar and the first jar was so strong I thought there might be something wrong with it.

Gold Label Coconut Oil is made by a very unique process. Most other brands of organic coconut oil I've used have been cold expeller pressed in a machine that squeezes the oil from the coconut while controlling the temperature so it doesn't heat up and "cook" the oil. The Gold Label coconut oil is made by hand. From the Tropical Traditions website:

"The fresh coconut meat is shredded (wet milled), and then cold-pressed using the water from inside the coconuts to make coconut milk. The milk is then allowed to sit for about half a day, while the oil naturally separates from the heavier water. The oil is then filtered from the curds (coconut solids)."

More info at the Tropical Traditions website at [...]

I give this oil extra credit because it's a unique product -- I don't know of any other coconut oil being sold which is made by hand using traditional methods. But I don't think the flavor will be to everyone's taste.
40 people found this helpful