|Item Weight||231 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||26.8 x 23.5 x 69.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||CWR1661SZ|
|Part Number||ES CWR1661SZ|
166-Bottle EdgeStar Built-In Compressor Wine Refrigerator
|Price:||$1,169.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Temperature range: 40-65 degrees F; LED display control panel & Internal LED lighting
- Dimensions: 69 1/2" H x 23 7/16" W x 26 3/4" D; Safety lock; Flat bar door handle
- For built in or freestanding application; Single temperature zone; Tinted glass door for UV protection
- Note: Designed for standard Bordeaux bottles, to accommodate larger bottles a shelf will need to be removed; For dual zone version of this model please see CWR1551DZ
- PLEASE NOTE: Delivery will be curbside, inside delivery is not available. A valid phone number is required for delivery purposes, please ensure the correct phone number is provided in your shipping information when placing this order.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
This item 166-Bottle EdgeStar Built-In Compressor Wine Refrigerator
|Price||$1,169.00||$1,399.00||$1,649.99||$1,369.00||$1,089.00||See price in cart|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||CompactAppliance||Kalamera Products||The Beverage Factory||CompactAppliance||CompactAppliance||1 Stop Camera & Appliances|
|Color||—||black||Stainless Steel||Black||Black||Black / Stainless Steel|
EdgeStar 166 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler - Black and Stainless Steel
This wine cooler has a wide temperature range of 40-65°F, making it ideal for all wine types
Built-In or Freestanding Capable:
Front ventilation allows for flush-with-cabinetry installation while the fully finished black cabinet allows for freestanding use, as well
You’ll never have to worry about hot spots or uneven cooling with this unit due to its powerful circulation fans, which work with the compressor to evenly distribute cool air throughout
You can rest assured that your wine collection is safe due to this unit’s safety lock
- 13 full-size shelves, each with an 11 bottle capacity
- One (1) half-size shelf with a 12 bottle capacity
- Auto defrost
- Reversible door
- ETL Approved
- Wood-trimmed wire wine racks
- Rubber bushing absorbs vibration and noise from compressor
- Replaceable built-in carbon filter
- Input voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Power: 200 W/2.32 A
- Weight: 231 lbs
- Dimensions: 69 1/2" H x 23 7/16" W x 26 3/4" D
166 Bottle Wine Capacity
Capacity based on standard Bordeaux style wine bottles with a diameter of 2.75". To accomodate larger bottles you may remove a shelf, keep in mind this will decrease the stated bottle capacity.
The sleek stainless steel trim door, matching slide-out stainless steel trimmed shelves and soft LED interior lighting provide a timeless design to showcase your treasured collection. Whatever the setting, these units are sure to spark conversation about their attractive and pleasing aesthetic.
One of the most important elements of a cooling system is the controls. They should be accessible, easily understood, and provide you with accurate information on the exact temperature you are attempting to achieve. The intuitive touch control and digital temperature display allow you to easily adjust and monitor the desired temperature based on your specific cooling needs.
UV rays can cause a host of problems for any wine collection. In addition to providing unwanted heat, which puts needless strain on your cooling unit, exposure to UV light can alter the chemical makeup of your wine, potentially affecting taste and maturation. The tinted glass door ensures that while your wine bottles are visible, the integrity of your wine is protected from the potential harm of harsh light and UV rays.
Shelf Bottle Arrangement
This shelf layout will allow you to achieve the maximum bottle capacity based on a ‘Typical Bordeaux’ bottle.
Top Customer Reviews
Keeps my wine at the temperature I wanted
Looks good in my bar
Company was easy to deal with and rapid to correct door dent in unit I received. Very happy about this!
Hate the cheap freight companies that deliver these types of things - I don't blame the supplier, that it just the state of the local freight companies. I really hate it when they schedule a delivery and then fail to show up that day,
Pallet under original shipping box was practically worthless.
Unit can be a little louder than other refrigerators.
As with all wine storage, non standard sized bottles will reduce the overall capacity of this unit.
- Temperature management: The temperature seems to be well-maintained (within a degree or two each way).
- Noise: It is very quiet. We have it in our dining room, and it only creates an almost imperceptible background "whoosh".
- Appearance: The finishes are all nice, the overall appearance is clean, and the blue interior lighting creates a nice effect. The wood trim on the racks adds a nice finished look. I wish there were a more attractive cover for the bottom heat-exchange area, though.
- Rack size: The wire racks are perfectly sized for "standard" Cabernet bottles. However, the depth means that for bottles that are even SLIGHTLY taller (as many of ours are), when you try to alternate them front and back, they don't quite fit. Also, as mentioned, larger diameter bottles (e.g. Syrah) don't fit without removing the rack above, and the built in rack slides don't allow for incremental adjustment. This means that on the shelves where we have Syrah bottles, there is a large amount of wasted space above the bottles (where the next rack up would be.
- Rack slides: As others have mentioned, the racks simply slide on ridges in the fridge (like the racks in an oven) rather than using glides or other mechanisms. This means they don't slide as smoothly as I might like. They work well enough, though.
- Attachment of the handle: Attaching the handle (which is not attached when the unit is shipped) requires pulling out the rubber gasket to get at the screws. This is a little tricky, and it can be tough to get it back in place correctly once the handle is attached.
Overall, it is a very nice unit for a very good price. I would definitely recommend it and would buy it again.
1) it arrived with an oily smell inside the unit. I could not locate any leaks on the outside. Even after washing it out 3 times, the smell remained. I had to put odor removing products in it for close to 3 months before removing enough smell to make it acceptable. I contacted customer support and they answered they had never had or heard of this problem.
2) Noisy. This unit is installed in our spare room and it is very noisy with the fans constantly turning on and off about every 10 seconds. I contacted customer support to be told this is normal.
3) The temperature is not accurate, it is running about 3C warmer than what is displayed.
4) I keep having to set the temperature scale to C but the unit keeps resetting it back to F every couple of weeks. (I was born in Canada so I know my wine storage temperature better in C).
I tried contacting support many time with no answer so I left voice mails never to get any call back. It is only when sending emails did they respond with comments like "this is the normal behavior". I do not recommend you buy this unit and if you do be prepared for having a hard time with customer service.
That is the only thing I can complain about and that's really trying.
fortunately the wine fridge turned out to be in good condition and so far has worked well. I suppose that when I saw that there was no additional delivery charge I should have realized that that was too good to be true!!!