Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 757 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 823 reviews
on March 10, 2015
The price rate for a 16 GB proprietary card is honestly ridiculous. Looking at prices for the 64 GB card, you can tell that they're jacking up the prices for no reason at all. On the PSP you could easily use a MMS and it would be a fraction of this price, I only got it because it was on a decent sale, but honestly otherwise I wouldn't EVER consider buying it. This is close to the biggest and most obvious scam I've ever seen by a company honestly...
on March 11, 2014
There isn't much to be said here, as this has been doing it's job ever since I popped it into my Vita.

The major flaw? Sony acts like their memory chips are made from diamonds carved off the back of some elemental demi god of gemstones and awesome. There is no reason this should cost $40.00 when I can purchase a name-brand MicroSD flash card for almost $10.00 aside from pure obnoxiousness on the part of the manufacturer. These can be literally stamped out by the hundreds. I am fairly sure the packaging may cost Sony more.

Sony, just stop with the overpriced memory and the proprietary chargers/media. Why do I have three different chargers for a PSP-Go, a PSP-3000 and a Vita? Why do I even have a PSP-Go?
66 comments| 323 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
Overpriced slow piece of crap. I only gave it 2 stars because I know you are forced to use them. If you were not forced to have to buy these overpriced memory cards, I would give this 1 Star or zero. Leave it to Sony to not only make a overpriced, lack of games portable console, but also force the customer to buy overpriced storage media. I hate to say it, but I hope this is the last attempt we see from Sony at the handheld market. Not sure I can support another one.

If you have a vita and want to save game data get a small card just for that. I wouldn't jump into the downloading games from PSN market unless you are prepared to spend high dollar on more storage.
on December 13, 2014
As far as Memory choices for the PS vita or PS TV...There isn't Any.... That's right you can only use Their specific memory and it is pricey even after the system has been out a while, Now i ran into a few problems Read on and i will explain.

First I Ordered that PS TV Bundle it came with a 8gb memory stick also note i got stuck paying a extra thirty dollars for the bundle because amazon was temporarily out of stock..and there was only one new bundle left at the time for 130 seems like trickery to me but i got it anyways.. Did one day shipping it got here hooked everything up just fine but the moment i started using the supplied 8gb vita memory to download games such as sword art online and soul sacrifice delta i started getting errors and had to delete the games and then re-download them, The card worked for another 2 days with various errors.

Then BOOM. It stopped working all together Tried everything. safe mode, reformatting which it would not let me do
Such a headache it was. So i contacted Amazon and they decided to give me a 20 percent discount which allowed me to put 7 bucks with it and get this 16gb...Not MY Account has not Been credited yet but i am waiting, I Also kept the chat log in-case they say they did not agree to the discount. But i am pretty sure they will come through. But it was all a big headache and If you Get a PS TV Bundle Beware the memory card may be utter garbage.... Maybe Sony had only surplus memory laying around and threw them in the bundle to save money because this New 16gb is working like a charm.... I Hope it stays that way.

Also note a 8gb card isn't really that good for downloading games won't hold much and also seen though this card says 16gb you only get 14gb but that's how it goes with all memory storage. I Hope this reviews helps someone Out.

Also if you plan on using your pc to back up your games from your ps tv memory card be prepared to wait 50 minutes a game and a backup of everything takes about a hour and ten minutes but when you try to restore it to the ps tv it will take 7 Hours No Joke. i thought i had wrong stuff setup but not that is the standard time it takes for the ps tv
on February 10, 2015
For Vita owners having the biggest possible memory card for your system is essential - particularly if you are a Playstation Plus member as you will be downloading oodles of games over the course of a year and it's a great feeling to turn on the system and have a couple dozen games ready and waiting to be played.

With current pricing (early 2015) the 16GB card offers the best bang for the buck. I still prefer having a 32GB card but in most cases the price will be more than double the cost of 2x 16GB cards. One quick word of caution - the Vita memory cards are TINY. If you plan on keeping it outside of your system for whatever reason they are very easy to lose. Just dropping it on a thick, carpeted rug can cause problems so keep them stored very carefully.
on August 27, 2014
The 4gb is not going to be enough space for your vita because your applications and free downloads alone will take up more space than you expect and unless you get this to play one in a blue moon for fun you are going to need more memory. 8gb is slightly pointless because it leaves you on the cusp of being able to download more, but you will find yourself needing to delete other things to make space for new things. If you plan on playing the vita, like, taking it seriously as a gaming device or console, you will need at least the 16gb. That will allow you to have about 3-4 games downloaded and some apps and saved data. If you want to put your whole song library and only play downloadable games and not worry about cartridges anymore, you will def want to look into the 32gb or higher memory cards.

Also note that you can download a lot of free demo's, AND sometimes it's quite cheaper to download a game and purchase it directly of the playstation network ESPECIALLY if you have a playstation plus membership, in which case seriously consider the 32gb version. I know it's really expensive, but you don't want to have to pay for a downloaded game only to have to delete it later to make space for a new game you want to download. And there are lots of cool games and demos on this thing, I love the vita and in an ideal world I would have a 60gb memory card, but it's not an ideal world LOL... so go with the 16gb or 32gb. Happy gaming!
on June 14, 2017
So glad I bought this, I really needed ore space. If you don't need more space or are good at sorting your games and data don't feel like you HAVE to buy this but if you need space this one or the 32gb one works perfectly
on November 30, 2016
I recently bought a PS vita 1000 and was excited to play the new games I got, but then I realized that I also need to buy a memory card for the console. The PS vita 1000 does not have built in memory like the 2000 so buying this is necessary. The Official PlayStation Vita Memory Card can save up to 4-8 full PlayStation Vita games, 12 movies, 4,568 songs, or 3,200 photos, but I can't really verify this because I only have Jak & Dexter collection as a digital copy and the rest of my games are physical.

I have two main problems with this memory card. First the price is extremely absurd for a 16 GB memory card when other companies sell them cheaply. In addition, Sony created this new design instead of using the typical SD cards, giving them a huge profit on the merchandise. The second problem is that the memory card is very small. I know that the latest technology allows people to have stuff like nano sim cards for some smart phones. But in the case of the vita, it is very easy to misplace and lose, especially when changing the memory card to have more space.
on September 13, 2016
While there isn't much to say about this device, there isn't anything bad to say about the device itself, it's a 16GB memory card for the PS Vita and it works perfectly as advertised. It's able to hold a few large size games depending on what you install.

However, my only gripe comes from the price, and that Sony has a complete monopoly over these memory cards due to their encryption and size, if Sony dropped the price on these, I believe many more would buy both the memory cards and Vitas. $100 for a 64GB memory card in 2016 is just unacceptable.
on April 7, 2014
I had stuck with my original 4gb card and just bought games for a long time, waiting for a sale on this expensive memory. Then when they last had a ps vita price drop, I noticed these cards were $20. I bought one at the time thinking the new msrp was around $30ish, affordability being Sony's new plan for the vita. I come back now to find they are $60. I could have gotten 3 for that price. Oh well, I don't really need. It would have been a luxury, kind of like my freakin vita. Games are too expensive and I foolishly thought memory wouldn't be such an issue (the foolish part was me not realizing all the ps vita games with ps plus would fit on a 4gb). Wait for a sale, sony has a "get your game back in gear with sony crap!" kind of sale, best time to replace those worn out controllers and get new vita memory cards. And perhaps consider stocking up on 16gb cards when they're $20. They were shipped and sold by amazon by the way. Long story short: this is good, fast memory but it doesn't carry the cost of good, fast memory. It carries the extreme price tag of proprietary stuff, which it is that as well. Know this.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.