Top positive review
16 people found this helpful
A handy portable car jumper starter/ 14000mAh battery bank from AUTO-VOX
on February 12, 2017
I was careless once in a trip and accidentally depleted the battery in my car due to long period of leaving AC ON while engine is off. I was lucky at that time because there were some nice people in the parking lot who helped me jump start my car. However, it wasn't a pleasant experience so I bought this AUTO-VOX Portable Car Jump starter P2 in case this ever happens again.
The package contains AUTO-VOX Portable Car Jump starter P2, AC charger, cigarette charger, smart jumper cables with clamps, storage bag, and user manual. The portable car jump starter has a built-in lithium-ion 14,000mAh and it also works as a power bank for smartphone/tablets through USB ports. There are also compass and flash-light on it for emergency situation. The overall build quality of this jump starter is pretty solid. The casing is pretty strong and there are 4 anti-skid legs on the back. It features a single button operation to turn ON the device and control flash light modes. There are 5-bar indicator lights next to the button for displaying current battery level in the unit. It took about 4 hours to fully charge the jump starter using the included AC charger and the device automatically turns itself off after a while to conserve battery (No manual OFF).
- Multiple flash-light modes: SOS, Emergency and strobe for different situations. The light isn't super strong but it's bright enough to light area around the car in the dark.
- I like the included smart jumper cable a lot. It has both visual and audio indicators for status - Solid green light means connection is correct and it's OK to start the car, Flashing green light means battery very low and try the "booster" button on the jumper cable to see if lights turns solid green, and Red light with sound warning means connection is wrong.
- Certified by CE, Rohs, CEC,FCC, UL, MSDS. I always look for certification due to safety concerns.
- There are two USB charging port for smartphone/table. One is rated at max 1A and the other is 2A. The 2A port is sufficient to charge most compatible devices at rapid speed.
- Compact design. The jump start's dimension is 6.4" x 1.2" x 3.1". It's very easy to store in the trunk when not used along with the smart jump starter cable.
- The rated Start Current is 250A and Peak Current is 500A. This should be ok for most medium/small cars but if you have a car with a large engine, you might need a jump starter with larger current.
- I couldn't find any waterproof rating and it does state in the manual to avoid getting the unit wet.