Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Directed by Baltasar Kormákur ("The Deep" one of my favorites from the 2013 Seattle International Film Festival) and written by Blake Masters (Lots of TV) based on Boom Studio's graphic novels, this is fun all the way, with enough comedy to keep ME happy and enough action to entertain the screening audience.
* Denzel Washington ("Flight") is Bobby, the steady, focused DEA guy whose patience is sorely taxed by his gabby sidekick.
* Mark Wahlberg ("Broken City") is Stig, an ebullient (and very funny) Naval Intelligence officer...plus he's a GREAT shot!
* Paula Patton ("Disconnect") plays Deb, the beauty with the DEA who shares a history with Bobby.
* James Marsden ("30 Rock") brings Quince to the screen; he GIVES the orders in the Navy.
* Bill Paxton ("Big Love") his Earl from the CIA shows us what cruelty looks like.
* Edward James Olmos (Lots of TV) Papi Greco leads a drug cartel (as if things weren't already complicated enough).
This R-rated actioner kept the audience involved every single minute. Expect profanity and nudity, plus a LOT of gunfire and vehicular mayhem, but no discernible Computer Generated Imaging.
It was violent and wild, but I liked it! I'll enjoy the DVD from Amazon even more because I'll get ALL of the punchlines.
The banter between Wahlberg and Washington is what makes the film. They are too cool together. It is a fun popcorn film with comedy, dark comedy, and plenty of action. Good characters in a plot that was predictable. Worth seeing after you have seen Reds 2.
Parental Guide: F-bomb, brief nudity (Paula Patton).
Several comments: first, once in a while I need to see a great action movie, and this one certainly lives up to its billing. As the movie opens we see the characters played by Washington and Wahlberg observing a bank which they've decided to rob, from across the street in a diner. Some funny back-and-forth banter between the two ensues but before you know it we are in the middle of the hold-up, and its aftermath. Second, almost more important than the actual plot is the writing of the movie. The script is sharp from that perspective, with lots of funny exchanges between the main characters. Third, the chemistry between Washington and Wahlberg is palpable, and carries much of the movie. Seems like these guys are enjoying themselves, so why wouldn't we enjoy ourselves too while watching the movie. Fourth, there are a number of smaller roles that nevertheless add a nice touch to the movie, in particular Edward James Olmos as the Mexican drug lord (made to look incredibly old for this role, which was also the case in that other recent movie he starred in, "Filly Brown"), and even more so drop-dead gorgeous Paula Patton (a/k/a Mrs. Robin Thicke) as Washington's friend-with-benefits.
Bottom line: I really enjoyed this movie quite a bit, even more than I had expected/hoped for.Read more ›
2Guns is directed by Baltasar Kormakur, who previously directed Mark in the crime-thriller, Contraband. Here, 2Guns is filled to the brim with non-stop action, laughs, and a great story about friendship, with some bloody details thrown in. The writing is fantastic; nothing Oscar-winning, but still greatly memorable. The acting is even better, with this being Marky Mark's best film by far. Denzel Washington is great as Trench, and his role here does rank along his best (Alonzo from Training Day, Tobin Frost from Safe House, and Whip Whitaker from Flight). The cinematography is surprisingly fantastic, with a few great shots in New Mexico during a sequence where Bobby and Stigman have to cross from Mexico into the US. Honestly, the only movie I can think of that is as funny as 2Guns, is Edgar Wright's The World's End, which was also released this year.
2Guns is a must-see and own for action fans, comedy lovers or anyone who likes the two lead actors because this movie, while not a massively epic blockbuster, really shows us why we love seeing movies on the big screen. The action never stops, and the laughs keep coming.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They did a great job in putting these two stars together. Full of excitement. Fast moving and they are funny. They make a great team.Published 5 days ago by Loralie
Entertaining, fun, well written and great acting. Kudos. Walhburg and Washington are brilliant.Published 6 days ago by Mark Rome
We really enjoyed the chemistry these two had. We always like seeing Denzel and Mark in anything they've done so seeing them together was great. Well worth watching.Published 6 days ago by LouRoe
If you want to watch that cool and easy money die hard attitude style of action and gun shoot outs. Then this is the best movie for you.Published 11 days ago by edward03
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Drama