Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 615 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 693 reviews
on October 24, 2013
OK, I bought this warranty for my new Kindle Fire HDX Wi-Fi with 64 Gig of RAM this morning. I received VIA email the warranty and followed the prompts to create my account. After I get on the website I noticed there are TWO warranty's listed for "Kindle" in my account. I don't know why there are two so I checked my bank account and I was charged only once. I also checked my Amazon orders and once again I only bought one warranty. Now onto looking at the actual warranty's listed in my online account. Both warranty's listed for my "Kindle" have a maximum replacement cost value of $189!!! That will pay for just over half of my Kindle Fire HDX! I've emailed Square Trade asking about the replacement cost listed. If it doesn't cover my Kindle Fire HDX then I will cancel it. Another item I discovered is on the Square Trade website you can build your own warranty so I looked at what the warranty would cost directly from Square Trade for my Kindle Fire HDX. According to their website the warranty for my Kindle Fire HDX is $74.99. I will update this post after I receive a response from Square Trade.
1212 comments| 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2014
Returned the kindle but didn't hear anything about this two year plan that I paid for, nor was I reimbursed. Not good,
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
Was expecting some paperwork or something in the mail confirming I got the protection plan. Didn't receive a thing !
on September 7, 2014
Got my Kindle Fire as a gift in the middle of July. Purchased this warranty from Amazon the 2nd of August, and I have yet to receive anything except an email from Amazon asking me to review my purchase. Not one thing from squaretrade. So I checked throughout my inbox. I have emails that are years old. Nothing from squaretrade. Nothing outside an entry in my Amazon orders history shows that I have purchased this warranty for my Kindle. I mad at myself for becoming so busy that I let this go unnoticed for so long. I am annoyed that I have yet to receive anything from squaretrade.
on January 12, 2014
When my 7yr old son broke his kindle 2 weeks after getting it, I was very worried because I had never received any
paperwork to show i had the extended warranty. I called amazon because I wasn't even sure who the extended warranty was with.Ten min later, I'm talking to the right person and she knows i have the coverage and she's sending me a new on in the mail. I said something like cant believe we already used this already and she said don't worry you get three replacements over two years so you still have two left. I'm kinda shocked how well this went. I'm very impressed with this company
on May 22, 2014
I ordered this "Protection Plan" on May 12, 2014, along with the Kindle Fire HDX 7". I received the Kindle Fire HDX 7" promptly on May 14. I still have not received the Protection Plan from Square Trade as of May 22, 2014, 10 days after placing the order.

Note that this is a "Protection Plan" and not a manufactured item, and it is in stock. Why should it take so long? If Square Trade is so tardy in shipping out a "Protection Plan", imagine what would happen if you really need to use the Protection Plan.

I also do not understand why the Protection Plan is not sold directly by Amazon.com.

My advice is never buy anything from Square Trade. I got items shipped overseas from Amazon in UK faster than this. I don't even know whether the item is lost, because there is no tracking information. Square Trade is by far the most incompetent seller I have ever encountered in all my years of purchasing items from Amazon.com.
on January 28, 2014
Did extensive checking on this warranty before purchasing. Compared to the same terms from the Geek Squad, this is a steal. It covers all they do and then some. Since repairs are limited on these tablets, don't forget to back your data up. Warranty can't replace lost data or pics.
on May 20, 2014
"Buyer beware"!
If your Kindle breaks, you will receive a REFURBISHED model.I was SHOCKED I have Never had a warranty company do this.
on January 15, 2014
i bought it for my daughters kindle fire hdx, i thought it would be good to have i year warranty from the kindle then this extra 2 year giving her 3 years totol on her warranty but after i called amazon i found out it starts the day it the kindle ships not after the 1 year factory warranty, but it does cover breakage on your the owner falt,so you end up with only really 2 years of warranty, and i didnt get any paper work sent to me fro the company that sales it, i had to get amazon to call them for me and i got to talk to them, didnt have to use it yet and hope never to have to.the price was a little high i thought but if you need a kindle fire hdx replaced it is alot cheapper them paying for the replacement yourself, i think they could of had it in their ad telling you when it would start it coverage.tim will tell about their service but the fellow i talk to was very nice and answered all my question for me. i would recommend anyone to buy a extended warranty like this one because it covers breakage and if you spill somthing on it and it stops working.
on January 1, 2014
This is a protection plan--I don't understand why it was delivered separately, I don't understand why I couldn't get it on line. Most of all, I don't understand where it is!!