- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries/regions outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B00NFZH7K8
- Item model number: 305-2yr-2014
- Average Customer Review: 191 customer reviews
- Date first listed on Amazon: August 27, 2014
2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Protection for Kindle Paperwhite (6th Generation)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Compatible with 6th Generation (2013) Kindle Paperwhite only
- Your card will be charged immediately, but accident coverage starts when Kindle is shipped
- Receive a replacement device 2 to 3 days after you make a valid claim
- Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
- Cancel anytime, full refund in first 90 days
- Fully transferable with gifts
- No deductibles or shipping fees
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Service plan term: 2 year
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The vast majority of Kindle failures occur because of accidents. By protecting your Kindle with #1-rated protection from SquareTrade, you're covered from day one for damage caused by common accidents, including:
- Knocking it off a table
- Dropping it in water
- Your dog chewing on it
SquareTrade also covers your Kindle from all electrical and mechanical failures, including battery replacements if the original battery won't hold at least a 50% charge.
Protection from Drops, Spills & You
Drop it? Spill on it? No worries. We cover accidents caused by you and people you know. (Plan doesn't cover intentional damage, loss, or theft.)
Mechanical/Electrical Failures from Normal Use
Repairing your average mechanical or electrical failure can cost as much as buying a new device. We cover you beyond the manufacturer's warranty.
How long is it covered?
|Year 1||Additional Years Purchased|
Drops & Spills Coverage
|Kindle Protection Plan |
|Kindle Protection Plan |
|Manufacturer's Warranty||Kindle Protection Plan |
What else does a plan include?
If your Kindle breaks, file a claim and get it replaced in 2 days.
We'll ship you a replacement Kindle and provide a prepaid shipping label for you to send us your broken Kindle.
Cancel or Transfer Anytime
Customers receive a full refund if they cancel in the first 90 days. Refunds are pro-rated after that. Transferring your protection plan is free and can be done online or over the phone.
We'll email your protection plan to you within two hours of purchase. (Remember to check your spam folder if you don't see it.)
How does it work?
Call 1-866-374-9939 from 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year.
We'll ship you a replacement Kindle (same or newer model depending on availability). You'll also receive a pre-paid shipping label to send your damaged Kindle back to us (must have a valid credit card on file in order to receive a replacement).
Return your damaged Kindle within 30 days from reception (otherwise you will be charged the price of the replacement).
Things to know:
- Upon purchase, you'll receive an email. This will be your official purchase confirmation. To give you the best customer experience possible, SquareTrade may also contact you about your purchase by telephone.
- Please read the terms and conditions (see the link at the bottom of the page).
- Start Date: Plan begins on the date your Kindle ships (or when your Kindle ships for pre-ordered devices) and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty period. For pre-ordered products or items that are delivered late, call SquareTrade to extend your protection plan to the actual ship date. If you have an issue and are covered by the manufacturer at that time, you'll be directed to the manufacturer first.
- For assistance, call 1-866-374-9939, 6am to 10pm PST, 365 days a year. An agent is always happy to assist you.
The Warranty + Accident Protection for Kindle is only available on a Kindle that has been shipped within the last 30 days and is only available for customers who are residents of the United States.
Still have questions?
Give us a call at 1-866-374-9939.
Showing 1-8 of 191 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One thing I like is they give you points for not using the warranty so if you use them a lot you will eventually get a free policy on something with the points.
I only had to make one claim - on a trackball - and they handled it very efficiently and professionally. I will continue to use them unless they screw me. Hopefully they won't.
Once I got my Kindle in the mail, I decided against mailing it back and kept it again. So I decided to buy the Protection Plan since I am a bit of klutz/I usually have the worst luck. It was extremely easy to purchase the Protection Plan for my Kindle after a week of having it. It was smooth and quick. If you are hesitating about getting the Protection Plan, don't hesitate because you can always purchase it at a later day (within 90 days of purchasing the Kindle, I believe).
I will update this review if I need to make a claim with specific details on how it was handled and cost.