Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

2-Year Protection Plan plus Accident Protection for Kindle Fire HD 8.9", US customers onlyI just received my Kindle Fire, have not even had a chance to take it out of the box, so I have not had a chance to use this protection BUT, and it is a big but, if this is anything like the protection I had for my Kindle it will be a great relief to have this.

My Kindle needed serviced and I had it back within a week-working great. The lighted cover, the one that has the light pull out from the top? It stopped working. If I pushed on it with one hand and held the Kindle just so with the other it worked. One email and a new cover was on it's way to me. No questions, no proof, just "okay, we'll ship one out today." I did send the old one back, yet I was without a cover for less than a week.

So I bought this coverage without a second thought. I also have had to return things to Amazon and the customer service here is terrific. Add Amazon and this company and I have no fears. I RECOMMEND THIS WHOLE HEARTILY for everyone who buys a Fire. I would not buy a Fire anywhere but through Amazon just so I can get this protection. Nothing out there matches it or comes close.

This is a No Brainer!*
on August 14, 2013
I have had the opportunity to test out my Accident Protection Plan for my Kindle Fire HD 8.9. My little sons cracked the screen of my Kindle, which then let moisture into the device and messed up the hardware. It started acting screwy, like adjusting its volume and not letting me turn pages in my book. So I called Service Net, and talked (very briefly) with a helpful gentleman there. The printed service agreement says that Service Net will replace your Kindle with one that is of equal value, one that has possibly been refurbished or remanufactured. I was a little worried about getting a device that was a lemon and had already had repairs done to it, but since mine didn't work well at all, I had to take what they sent. Well, was I ever surprised!! Amazon immediately sent out my replacement Kindle and mailed it with their famous 2-day shipping. And lo and behold!, the device is NEW. It says so on the invoice, and came in Amazon's Kindle Fire packaging just as my first one had. Now I'm to use the packaging and send my old Kindle off using the return address label that I can print from Service Net's e-mail they sent me. I don't have to go ONE DAY without my Kindle, and my replacement is NEW??!!! How wonderful is this? Plus, the Service Net employee said that this doesn't cancel my warranty. Oh, no. I can do this TWO MORE TIMES if needed, until my 2-yr contract is up. I'm amazed and so, so happy. Thank you, Amazon and Service Net, for providing such wonderful customer service. I will always shop with you, and will always purchase your wonderful warranties.
on June 7, 2013
You probably don't need this unless you're an insurance nut like I am. I buy insurance on all kinds of stuff like my house, my car, my life, my health ...... and now, My Kindle Fire because it was offered. Amazon has such a good reputation and stands behind all of their products so insurance is a bit redundant. When I did have a problem with my original Fire it got replaced without so much as a whimper. But then, I didn't do anything stupid, either. This insurance is for Stupid Stuff you'd do and one never knows when the urge to drop it in the full bath tub will completely overcome you. Or you inadvertently let the dog eat it, Or you throw it against the wall in a major hissy fit when Netflix stops streaming in the middle of a movie .... Whatever it is ... you're covered and no whimpers when you have to replace it. I love my Fire and it's a lot cheaper than having to buy a new one.
on April 24, 2013
I have been with this company for years now, with all my electronics, thankfully I have not had to use the plan, but just to have it makes me feel less stressed, just in case something does go wrong. My luck it, as soon as I didn't get the insurance I would walk to my car and drop it. Like I say better safe then sorry and what's another $99 when you put so much into the kindle fire HD 4G 8.9 along with the cover, the keyboard, the waterproof cover for when I'm at wet and wild. Just saying, get it, and let your nerves rest.
on May 13, 2013
When you purchase the Kindle Fire HD and also the 2 year Protection Plan, you get only 2 years protection. But the Kindle Fire already comes with 1 year, so I don't get it. I expected 3 years protection.
on June 8, 2013
It is a nice product. I was just a bit disappointed because I saw a lower price a few days after I purchased mine.
on January 14, 2013
I had to use this once on my grandsons kindle, it was fast and easy, there were no questions and no delay, it was great
on July 31, 2013
I called on Thursday night to let the company know I had broken my Kindle. The lady I talked with was very helpful and friendly. She told me that I would have the replacement on Monday. Sure enough, It was delivered shortly after lunch on the day promised. Now that is fast. Delivery when promised is wonderful. I would never buy one without this protection. Thank you.
on January 5, 2013
I've purchased many computer motherboards, Graphic Cards, RAID cards,memory, power supplies, HDD's, and computer monitors over the years and now I am 62. I have filed claims on several different parts for replacement of some of these items listed above after the manufactures warranty was out. Just keep a log of your warranty's purchased and dates then file your claims, they are so easy to deal with.
on April 3, 2013
You never know when you will need a policy like this. However, with the Otter Box there is less chance that one would break their Kindle by dropping it. Sometimes we can have too much insurances.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.