Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on June 30, 2010
This item should be part of the warranty considering the price of the Kindle whose lesser warranty is extended by this purchase. While you can search for a similar item elsewhere on the Internet, there is the good feeling that you are dealing with Amazon.com directly with this purchase. If anything should go wrong, the item will be repaired and/or replaced - it's as simple as that (note: it probably does not cover acts of war and other more extreme events). Is Amazon.com making a bunch of money on it? You can bet on that - this kind of warranty is not sold unless there is money to be made. Is it worth it to have peace of mind especially after researching the types of things that can happen? In my case yes - it makes a good purchase.
on July 7, 2011
The Service Net 2-year comprehensive coverage warranty is a worthwhile investment against expenses involved in possible accidental damage from handling or product failure of the Kindle DX. The excellent coverage provides you with a new or refurbished replacement product immediately upon authorization of a claim. No waiting for physical return of a damaged unit before a replacement unit is shipped out. Replacement units are shipped express with absolutely no shipping or handling charges to the customer. If a replacement cannot be supplied, the customer receives reimbursement of the original purchase price. Coverage for accidental damages begins as of the effective date of the contract. (Note that accidental damage is NOT covered by the original DX warranty.) Also, if your DX turns out to be a lemon or dud requiring multiple repairs, Service Net coverage provides for a replacement.

I love this "peace-of-mind" warranty because if something happens to my DX, I am assured of receiving a speedy, no-hassle, replacement. Sure, a 3-year warranty would be great, but in all likelihood a new generation DX will be on the market by June 2013. (It may be worth noting that Service Net has been around more than a dozen years with a BBB A+ reputation and a minimum of complaints.)

Finally, if the Service Net warranty were priced at, say, less than $99 instead of the current $109, it would have earned a fifth star from me.
on December 31, 2011
I bought the 2 Year Protection Plan as a precaution against anything bad happening to the Kindle DX I bought. As I had planned to give the Kindle DX to my parents for Christmas, I wanted them to have peace of my mind that almost any repair that the Kindle DX required, would be covered. You never know what will happen. I ended up keeping the Kindle DX for myself. I would recommend buy the 2 Year Protection Plan at the same time as buing the Kindle DX. I really think that this is money well spent. And I don't buy warranties or extended warranties for nothing.
on January 12, 2014
You've invested your money in a Kindle DX and now you are not going to extend the insurance on it? Unless you are planning to use it for only a (relatively) short time, insurance is a very good investment for you. We bought our insurance to extend the life of our warranty because we plan to use our Kindle for quite a while so that we get our money's worth from the purchase price.
on November 23, 2013
I received the Kindle DX as my high school graduation present when it was the best of the Kindle lineup. I couldn't have picked a better gift myself. About 1 year and 11 months later the screen started having some issues. Warranty sent me a brand new one two days later. Love it!
on October 4, 2011
I received my Kindle for a Christmas present 2010 and really do enjoy it immensely. Unfortunately, it has "broken down" twice and I had to send it back. This was covered under the original warranty. It was obvious that the Kindle has still got some bugs to work out and so I am glad to have a two year warranty now. Hopefully, I won't have to use it!
on January 20, 2014
this protection plan is a must for any one who has purchased the the kindle DX , i need it to replace the power plug in that has not worked well since i received my new kindle.
on January 27, 2011
I just bought my Kindle DX in December. I recommend buying a reasonably priced extended warranty on most electronic purchases. It gives you a feeling of security. Hopefully, I will never have to use it, but it's there if I need it.
on May 17, 2011
I'm writting this review because Amazon is nagging me to do it.

I bought this warranty with my DX last month, because my laptop history proves that warranties pay.

However, I never had to put a claim in with my Kindle2 warranty, and I hope I never have to with the DX.
on January 11, 2014
Have had no appreciable issue requiring product rating to date. All things considered, an excellent preventative for the Kindle Fire HDX.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question