Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating FFII_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 939 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,007 reviews
on May 15, 2015
I wanted these for my arthritis the warming effect help with the pain. First few packs worked well and lasted a long time. But almost half are duds and don't heat up at all. Not very happy with this product too many duds. I picked up 3 packs and tried from each 10 pack and had the same problem. Now I use arthritis gloves with help with the heat and compression help with swelling
on January 7, 2017
The HotHands are very good. There are several different brands out there but I find HotHands probably the best. While the differences are not too significant, but I can definitely feel that 1) HotHands seem to deliver a bit more heat. I think that is because the packets contain a bit more material. And 2) HotHands seem to last just a bit longer.

The basic principle of "HotHands" or anything similar is oxidative reaction of oxygen (from air) to metal shavings (mostly iron, magnesium, and so on) inside this air-permeable pouch. When reacted, the production of ferrous oxide (aka rust) produces heat. Simple as that. Therefore, the more material, the hotter and longer it will burn--but also depending on how much oxygen penetrates the pouch to support that chemical reaction. Too much or too little are both bad. Anyway, HotHands seem to have gotten it just right.

It is also useful keeping a pack inside your winter glove/mitten, or inside your sock (around the ankles). You might try inside your shoes, although I haven't tried that myself.

Anyway, you should consider this brand (HotHand) and you should consider the most economical package--currently the 10-pack for $7 with Add-On shipping. This brings the final cost down to 70 cents per pair (or 35 cents per pack). Assuming you will use two packs (one for each hand) every time. The packs (each pair) come INDIVIDUALLY wrapped so you can open just one pack and save the other pack for later. For about 8-10 hours of heat (advertised for 10 hours, but I think 8-hour is average) for 35 cents - worth it.

Oh, yes, the heating time is very dependent on how much air you let in. If you keep it inside your pocket the entire time, not a lot of oxygen gets inside so the pack actually lasts a bit longer. If you keep it outside in open air and shake it often, the materials will burn out faster. You get the gist.

Happy warming!
on January 3, 2017
Great value for the money!! 10 pairs for $5.00 as an add-on item. I like the 10 hour hand warmers over the 7 or 8 hour ones too -- they seem to perform better and they cost the same (or less in this case). I use them while skiing in the frigid temps of Minnesota. I have mittens with an outer shell and an inner liner. I put these warmers just over the top side of my fingers in-between the inner liner and outer shell of my mittens. Sometimes that's the only way I can ski without my fingers getting numb from cold. These things have helped me stay out longer. You can use them to warm your face every now and then too. Note that you need to allow these things to "breathe" -- the components inside need oxygen to react. So you can't tuck them away in too tight of a spot for too long - outer pockets work great. Also I typically open the package about a half hour before I really need them, shake them up real good to get things mixed up and reacting and then let them breathe openly as they heat up.
review image
on December 22, 2016
Six years of kids in marching band competitions has often meant being outside for four or five hours in temperatures between 40-50 degrees (or worse.) On those days, HotHands made the difference between suffering through the evening or enjoying the performances.

Not only have I held them in my hands (or in jacket pockets) but I've put them in front pants pockets, inside the front pouch of a hoodie, in the turned-up brim of a knit beanie over my ears, or even wedged down into my boots over my toes. Sometimes I move them around from place to place, as they can get pretty darn hot (which is not a negative for me!)

The packets do need about 15 minutes to warm up, but since they keep generating heat for at least 6 hours I always open at least 1 pair in the car so they're ready to go when I need them. Actually, I usually open 2 pairs to start, because my husband will say he doesn't need them...but after his hands start to go numb he changes his mind - and then they're all ready to go. I've never gotten a "dud"
on February 25, 2015
These Hothands save our vacation/life. Went to New York this February. It was freezing and we put them everywhere you could think of to stay warm. Amazing
review image
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2016
I bought this for my winter emergency pack. I get stuck 2-3 times a year due to heavy snow. When it get's cold here, it's incredibly cold. I've had to spend hours digging out. I put in in my gloves, and also in my shirt pocket. If you have one of those thermal jacket, and spend time in the wind and -20F weather shoveling snow, a couple of packs in the shirt under the jacket will help build up heat and maintain heat. A life saver. I've used it only a couple of time and it works well each time. Overall, 5 stars.
on September 7, 2016
One word: bliss.

I have Raynaud's (secondary - came about with Lupus) and my hands are constantly cold, even in the summer. Air conditioning is enough to trigger a Raynaud's attack, which is extremely painful and hard to remedy. I now keep one of these around to fondle whenever I'm doing something that requires leaving my hands exposed for a long period of time, such as typing or working at my computer. Not only does it work to warm up my hands, but gently kneading the packet provides a little stress relief!

They seem to take about 30 minutes to fully heat up, but once they're hot, they're HOT. They last a full 10 hours if not more.

I can't wait to keep these in my pockets on long Autumn walks!
on April 2, 2015
I've used the product for years and they seem to be the best to keep hands, feet and bodies warm during the cold seasons. They last for very long times... usually 10 or more hours and are a great adjunct to ones insulated gloves and boots. This past season I had to dig myself out of snow every couple of days and the temperatures hovered between -5 and 12 degrees F. If I didn't have these to stick in my gloves and boots it would have been impossible to keep working in these conditions for more than an hour. These hand warmers are priceless on those days. The body warmers provide massive amounts of heat while the toe warmers very little. I'd recommend that you use the hand warmers for general feet and hand warming... that is, if you can fit the hand warmers in your boots... most people might have a problem with fitting, other than the toe warmers, in their boots.

Pros: When they work they work great.

Cons: Some, even though they are labeled as recent manufacture, just don't perform properly and are just too anemic, and don't provide the proper heating as the others.
on January 9, 2017
These things are amazing. If you spend a lot of time out doors during the cold season or if you go camping in the winter, these are a must have. They are super easy to activate - just open the package and shake them in the air. They get super hot within a few minutes and stay hot for up to 10 hours. We went camping over New Year's Eve and had one hand warmer in each pocket every night. They helped to make our hands warm, comfortable and toasty. They worked great without a flaw. We even put them in our socks at night for extra warmth during the cold night. They are worth every penny for the amazing warmth they offer at your finger tips (literally). Enjoy!
on March 1, 2015
I spent last week (during the coldest month on record in CT) on an outdoor gun range training and qualifying. I purchased this 10 pack so that I would have 2 pairs of handwarmers for each of the 5 days: one pair for the morning, and one pair for the afternoon. Honestly, without these handwarmers I would have been completely miserable. I kept them in my pockets and would use them to warm my hands in between every course of shooting. These handwarmers take about 20 minutes to warm-up, are "hot" for 4 hours, and then warm for another 2-4. 6-8 hours after opening them they are pretty much dead

Most of the other people I was training with had also purchased other brands of handwarmers, and many of those other brands failed to warm up enough to provide any comfort.

You cannot go wrong with this product. Since they don't expire for almost 3 years I'm going to purchase another pack to divide between my car, duty bag, and cold-weather camping gear.