*SILVER WINNER - Foreword INDIES Book of the Year!
*FINALIST - National Indies Excellence Award!
*FINALIST - International Book Award!
Welcome to The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Veterans Edition!Whether your meetings must be virtual or in person, this book will successfully serve any veteran job-seeker from any armed-services or civilian-service background background, no matter your rank or professional experience.
Built using the multi-award-winning The 20-Minute Networking Meeting networking model lauded by business leaders around the world, the Veterans Edition puts you in control of your job-search discussions and, ultimately, your career. Learn, step-by-step, the most important civilian skill in finding employment: How to network for a job.
Taking the best elements of the best networkers from a multitude of industries and professions, combined with over 50 years of the authors' own experience, the Veterans Edition culminates in a highly productive networking approach designed specifically for veterans, for any kind of job search, from a hiring perspective.
In this book, learn what networking (really) is, and how to:
- Master the 5 most important parts of a networking meeting
- Create a networking agenda
- Construct key questions to lead a discussion
- Incorporate and express your service experience in civilian meetings
- Expand a professional network with more names
- Break into the "Invisible/Hidden Job Market" (where over 70% of all jobs are obtained)
- Make a networking meeting more effective, efficient, and mutually beneficial
- Execute the above (and much more)-- inside of 20 minutes
- Maintain your new network throughout your career!
Chock full of real-world scenarios, short stories, meeting examples, and dozens of tips and observations from hiring authorities, executives, recruiting experts, and fellow veterans, the Veteran Edition is an end-to-end lesson on job-search networking, founded on the premises of gratitude, positivity, and reciprocity.
Specifically constructed to clarify and simplify networking for job-search, the Veterans Edition was written for even the most introverted networker and is rounded out with a complete set of readiness worksheets and checklists that guide the reader through actual networking preparation, with fully written stories that show the entire The 20-Minute Networking Meeting model in action.
Also from Career Innovations Press
The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Professional Edition
The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Graduate Edition
The 20-Minute Networking Meeting - Executive Edition