Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 366 reviews
on April 4, 2017
great
VINE VOICEon January 6, 2007
What can I say that hasn't already been said about Ms Jackson? In her latest cd "20 Y.O.", Janet captures a funkier musical edge that doesn't dissapoint. Along for the journey on this project and sharing co-producing credits, were her long time friends and writing team of Jam & Lewis, & her current squeeze of several years Jermaine Dupri.

Janet has has charted new territory in her qwest for expressing her first love, Music, in a whole new light that is downright HOT! This is not a remake of anything she has put out before, but rather a new voice from within, that she has graciously chosen to share with the rest of us. Each track takes you on a new journey, yet your attention never wavers as she teases you playfully with lyrics that are fun yet sexy.

If you don't already own this cd and have been contemplating purchasing it to add to your Janet collection, the wait is over.

Even now, years later of the aftermath superbowl debacle, I continue to champion her music and her tireless efforts in supporting charities that are close to her heart, because of the great and wonderful human being that she is and continues to be.
on February 5, 2010
20 Y.O. is one of the most boring Janet Jackson eras along with her first two albums and Damita Joe. Just look at the cover art and tell me it is not dull and the font is not unattractive. It is just a failure, if you ask me. The whole album is filled with silly dance tracks and nothing new or fun to hear about Janet's life or her personal feelings involving anything other than dancing or sex. I do like Enjoy though, which is a rather cute song. But still, if that is the highlight of the album, something weird is going on. While this is not really worth repeated listens to me, some of her biggest fans will want to buy this. Her voice also sounds better than usual though. Very honey like... I would like to hear some good tunes sung in this voice! So there is a positive for fans. But it still does not pick up a silly album. If silly is not a too exciting word to describe 20 Y.O.
on November 21, 2015
Absolutely amazing, love it.
on March 5, 2017
I am disappointed with this album.
on September 26, 2006
Yes! This is the album I have been waiting for since The Velvet Rope!

These songs are awesome...Song after song she just amazes me that so many great songs are here...Gone are the hypersexual lyrics, between song ramblings, and syrupy go nowhere ballads...(China Love anybody?)

I can only say that THe first three songs (So Exicted, Show Me, Get It OUt Me) are SMOIKIN"..great beats, hooks galore, just hot hot hot...

"This Body", rocks so freakin hard, I can't stop listeing to it and should make for a great video. This needs to be a single, with it's fuzzy guitar line going thru it, and drop dead beats.

Enjoy and Daybreak are awesome classic Janet good time songs, like Escapade and Go Deep. I swear if radio does not get behind this CD I don't know what I'll do. Thanks Janet, you made a great CD, I love it!

Now Amazon, why does my copy of this CD not have the beautiful cover shown above? I know the art work was changed along with the title (mine says 20 Years Old rather than 20 Y. O.) A minor disapointment..although the packaging of a CD is as important to me as whats inside...
on October 4, 2006
In the intro to Ms. Janet's (yes, I'm nasty) latest CD, 20 Y.O., she says, "I don't want to be serious. I want to have fun." And that's exactly what she did on this very danceable CD. I have always liked JJ's music because for the most part she did music that she was true to. I'd much rather hear her do a dance tune--something that she's known for--than hear her try and do some torch song because her public wants her to "stretch." I mean, why ruin a good thing? Some people in the industry wanted her to be the next Whiny, er, I mean, Whitney Houston. But Janet doesn't do that kind of music. I listen to her because she can get me to move!

The majority of songs on this CD are very danceable tunes--some strung together with a small bridge from past materials. The CD has 16 tracks (if you count the "intros"), and in a time when you're lucky to get 10 songs on a CD, I was happy about that as well. The first part of the CD is the best because, well, I like dance music and this was definitely dance music. Toward the end, the pace was brought down (that's why I gave it only 4 stars) and I guess that's okay if you're going to use this as a workout tape! I'd just much rather hear you jam, JJ, than try to be torchy!

All in all, though, a very good buy and a very good CD!
on October 4, 2006
This is probably the best CD that Janet has released in quite some time and I could not be more thrilled. I have followed her since, of course, Control and considering the caliber of more recent projects was only mildly anticipating this new project. As a matter of fact, I bought it for a friend for his birthday and of course decided to make a copy.

I was NOT well.

In the hands of someone else, this could easily have descended into an indulgent, arrogant and nauseating look back at a career. Not at all the case here!!!

Janet has fashioned a wonderful CD with excellent representations of the many music styles she has become known for in the past 20 years. The selections are of a MUCH higher quality than her last project 'Damita Jo' creating a fresh, fun, grown collection of what we have always loved about Janet. This is an excellent homage to her fine career and is an affectionate statement that being 40 is indeed fabulous.

I am very glad I listened to the CD (with my alltime favorite here being "Enjoy" and of course the interludes. I was just very pleasantly surprised as you will be too!!
on September 26, 2006
This is the record Janet's fans wanted!

The first 5 tracks kick off this record with pure energy!

The tracks are pure dance and really show the world that Janet can embrace hot new styles, while still making it all her own.

"WITH U" has #1 written all over it! Great mid-tempo ballad!

"CALL ON ME" has proven itself as a track with mass appeal! It was #1 on the Billboard R&B charts months after it had been released.

"DAYBREAK" is the new "Escapade"! Really fun and would be a wonderful "summer song" for '07!

"ENJOY" is vintage Janet! Think "That's the Way Love Goes" and "When I Think of You." Great song with such positivity!

"TAKE CARE" is an EXCELLENT ballad! Janet is missing her "love" and gives an emotional performance.

"LOVE 2 LOVE" sounds like Janet and Prince were in the studio together and made an incredible track! Sexy, warm and Janet at her hottest!

Janet is a legend for a reason. She always delivers! This album does just that!
on November 10, 2011
I LOOOOOOVE THIS ALBUM AND DVD SO MUCH I AM JAMMING TO IT RIGHT NOW ON REPEAT FOR THE THIRD TIME LOL. Janet is very artistic and creative again on this album and it's so much fun to listen to in any occasion and the DVD is so much fun to watch, especially if you're a Janet fan. I got this album at 5 pm earlier and I was so liberated because, I knew that this was a HOT album. Pleeeeaaaaase GO GET IT! I love it!