Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on April 17, 2017
I genuinely don't know who I could ever recommend this movie to because objectively it's horrible in almost every regard. Aside from being horribly offensive to basically anyone, it looks like it was made with a budget of about 5 dollars and the effects are so bad I still can't tell how much of it is actually supposed to be serious. The editing is jarring, the quality of the audio is horrendous and randomly fluctuates between completely fine and incomprehensible, the dialogue is incoherent and makes no sense, and I feel like there are some really basic questions that this movie decides isn't even worth addressing let alone trying to answer, like how a ghost can give birth. But it's okay. I really love Nivek Ogre (Skinny Puppy lead, Repo! the Genetic Opera, Scream Park, etc) and Bill Moseley (Texas Chainsaw 2, House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects, Repo!, etc) and they're indisputably fantastic in this film and watching their scenes is great. Ogre plays confederate ghost doctor Harper Alexander as a gay dandy who's hanging off of Buckman's (Moseley) every word when he isn't giggling maniacally in a pig mask and murdering innocent yankees and it's a blast to watch, and he's so animated and lively that he alone gives the movie plenty of rewatch value. And just in general, there's some level of bizarre absurdity to this film that makes it so fun to watch over and over. As someone who adores cheap horror and Nivek Ogre and Bill Moseley this is the perfect movie to watch when I'm sad because as "bad" as it is it's fun and wild and goofy and there's some genuine.... spirit here, of some sort. It doesn't feel like there was absolutely no effort put forth, it just feels utterly bizarre and wacky. And if you have friends who can stomach it, watching it with them is loads of fun too, because there's plenty to point out and laugh over, whether you're laughing with it or at it. Five stars I genuinely am so glad I own it.
on July 26, 2010
2001 Maniacs was one of the best horror remakes of all time. Robert Englund as the mayor was priceless and the supporting cast was good. A good mix of cool gore and humor really made it a treat. Then I waited two years or more for them to make a sequel. Boy, I could have waited anther two!

The movie sucks beyond belief, a big let down. The humor is alright but the people they go out and slaughter are really annoying. Bill Mosley is a respected actor among horror movie fans and he did good but the script was poorly written. Granny is back and she did a good job as well but like Mosley, something was off. I didnt care for the rest of the maniacs. In the first movie, they are against blacks and asians but they are in this movie. The gore was cool but there wasn't often in my opinion. Then ending was pretty stupid as well.

Overall, if you enjoyed the first one then you may enjoy this movie. I didnt laugh too much.
on August 2, 2010
I own the older version of "2000 Maniacs", which I enjoyed. I will soon be receiving, "2001 Maniacs" with Robert Englund. To complete this collection, I wanted this one as well. This movie was so pathetic, that I could not even finish watching it. A stupid pointless movie. They should pay me for my pain and suffering for trying to view this picture.

Please people, don't buy this junk. As some viewers have said, this movie is horrible. The acting is terrible. It was not funny, nor entertaining. Watch, "Shawn of the Dead", "Fright Night" with Chris Sarandon, or "Army of Darkness" instead. These horror comedies flowed much better with a good story line, and had better Actors too.
on August 15, 2010
The movie absolutly made no sense, and had no story line, and thhe two Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton ripoffs were extremely annooying, and the acting ...god the acting was horrible
on September 13, 2010
When will I learn? I was gullible enough to order this when all the 5 star reviews appeared. I feel pretty stupid now, it's perfectly obvious that the good reviews are planted by folks involved with the film. What do these people do in their spare time? Go round old ladies' houses and con them out of their savings? They conned me out of my $11 for sure.

This film absolutely reeks. It stinks to high heaven. Even as a fan of bad movies, this had no redeeming qualities.

I feel robbed.
on October 10, 2010
Wow...this was just bad. Bad writing, bad production, bad sound...just bad. The characters just weren't as much fun as the ones in the first one. Other than the very brief HuckleBilly rap song, this was horrible. Even though I like Bill Moseley, this movie is really missing Robert Englund. This feels like a movie that someone threw together in a weekend. Hopefully it'll be the end of the series.
on September 12, 2016
Loved it
on July 20, 2011
I honestly don't know what to say about this movie. I will say I really enjoyed the original one alot. This one left me speechless it was so bad. There isn't any comparison between the two. The first one is good, this one is not. I do not blame First Look Pictures, and I like some of their films. It is the script. Wow, it was so so bad. Alot of the original actors returned for this sequel, except Robert Englund (SMART MOVE ROBERT. YOU SAW THE SCRIPT AND RAN.lol), but the script was so bad, it made their acting terrible. It is so bad, you really don't want to watch it, making it boring, and you really don't care what happens. I was just wishing it would finish. I have no problems if they come out with a third one, but make it more like the original. Another thing is, alot of the returning character's personalities have changed. The whole film dosen't feel right at all. It dosen't look like they used a big budget for this film either. Low budget would be fine tho, if it were a good movie. This movie is 100 times worse than Cabin Fever 2. I wish people would stop releasing bad sequels to movies. It so unfair for them to make a quick buck thaty way and trick people. This movie isn't even worth $4.00, and I paid $8.70 shipped. I truly feel sorrier tho for the people at Wal-mart and Best Buy that paid $19.99 for this DVD when it first came out. They have to still be fuming.
on September 27, 2016
2001 Maniacs was an original, classic film. It had an interesting, well done story, the characters were good, the acting made you feel a little creep out because they did a great job and overall the film was terrifying.

So because the first film was done very well, what else can you do except make a sequel! But as truth be told, the sequel is never as good as the original film (only in some cases the sequel is just as good). 2001 Maniacs: Fields of Screams has the maniacs travel across country because they are forced from their original setting, Pleasant Valley. On the other side of things, a group of people making a reality show is also traveling across country to make their next season (which the main stars are suppose to represent Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton, since this film was released around the time they had their TV show, "The Simple Life"). When both parties meet, it's turned into a bloody good time!

What separates the original film from it's sequel, is that the original characters missing, there is an absent of actors/actress, the story and plot fall short and it just not enough gruesome deaths like the original.

Some of the characters from the original are not in this film, such as the two guys who played the musical instruments. Instead they give us two totally different characters, that are not as funny as them. There is also the two brothers, which their characters were changed completely, into sub-characters (but don't worry, you still see the one brother's girlfriend, the sheep). They also removed Miss Peaches and the two cousins. But they do give us a few new characters, like a different milk woman, an Asian woman and a different southern bell woman.

They also changed the actors. Frankly, I loved Robert Englund in the original, but when they changed him out for Bill Moseley, it didn't feel like Bill could compare to Robert. Bill Moseley did a good job, don't get me wrong, but the character just didn't feel right and it felt as if the part was only made for Robert Englund. Some of the other maniacs have also changed (like the two brothers and the guy that was the gentleman who took the the girl from the first film on a date). They did manage to keep a few of the same actors like Granny and the little guy who chases kitty (he just grew up more in this film). The Maniacs just felt off in this film with all of the changes.

The story is somewhat interesting, but it's nothing new and original. Frankly, I think if it was kept in Pleasant Valley, it might have been better. Just the factor from the first film and why they stay in Pleasant Valley, doesn't make sense for them to travel across country in this film. Even the factor of the people doing a reality show, is kind of a boring idea, but I get it. Because what else can you do, besides not repeating the original which was college kids on a road trip to Flordia. The whole reality concept though, gets dropped halfway through the film and it becomes they want to shoot a documentary on how the maniacs live. It just gets stale after awhile.

The deaths scenes of the victims in the original was so very well done, that you didn't even care too much that you could tell it looked a little fake. This film, you can tell it's very much fake, but also they aren't that good. We got a bunch of different deaths in the first one, but this second one, some of them you feel like you have seen them in other horror movies. They were also kind of boring.

Despite all these things that I pointed out (without trying to give away too much to either film), 2001 Maniacs: Fields of Screams isn't a terrible film and can still be enjoyable. You just have to look past some of these things. I wouldn't give it a 1 or 2 stars, because it's not that terrible of a film but it will never be the original 2001 Maniacs.
on September 9, 2015
Will not recommend this to anyone