Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 24, 2014
I've been riding my new 20" Dex ebike for about 1 week now. I LOVE it!!

The ebike arrived quickly (5 biz days) and arrived without any damage. There were a couple of missing parts (which can happen with any multi-piece item). I contacted Empowered ebikes and received a speedy, professional response from them. They promptly sent my missing part via overnight mail :-)

The quality of this bike is excellent for the price.

I wish there would have been better instructions for the minimal about of assembly required - I'm assembly challenged. But, luckily the internet (Youtube.com) heled fill-in my knowledge gaps and I was able to assemble with medium effort.
|0Comment|Report abuse
on April 17, 2012
The bike works great. I use it to commute to work, about 9 miles. The motor is powerful enough that I only have to petal when going up hill and that is easy. The charge lasts as described. The controls are easy to use.

There is a screw that holds the battery slide to the frame, and it tends to get loose with vibrations. I will probably tighten and then glue it one of these days.

It would have been nice if there was some kind of handle to carry the bike while it is folded, but it's not a big issue.

As far as customer service goes, I originally ordered a cheaper model, the Agilis. They called and told me that they had run out of that model and offered to send me the Dex at no extra charge. I was and still am very happy about that. On the other hand, the front light does not work, and I was not able to get a reply from their customer service after both email and speaking with the guy who originally called me (he promised that tech support would call, and they never did). So there are some good and bad points to their customer service.

In the end, I wanted a brighter light anyway because I commute in the dark on non-lit bike trails, and so I added my own. I'm still very happy with the upgraded model and the discount I got.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.