Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 9, 2013
If you're a fan of the under dog, the idea of seeing a bunch of "no-names" as portrayed by the media, to rally together around their leader (Dirk Nowitzki)to make a Championship run and win it all, this is perfect. If you're a fan of the Dallas Mavericks, then even better. This series includes every game in their entirety against the heavily favored (by the media and David Stern), miami heat in the Finals. This is not only a great series but a good way to show the young and up coming hopefuls that individuals don't win Championships, TEAMS do! From the moments wade and lebron childishly mocked Dirk's illness OFF-court and seeing Dirk deliver the dagger afterwards ON-court putting a stop to any hope miami had of making a come back as a response, there was no sweeter moment realizing how focused Dallas was to ultimately deliver the KNOCK OUT. When the series turned to Dallas' favor, you got to see how the National media started to portray this series as the battle of the Dark Side (miami) vs the Good Guys (Dallas) due to the outpouring support from the rest of not only the Country (particularly the folks at Cleveland, they even threw a Parade for Dallas I believe) but fans of the NBA World Wide that did not want to see a team that was built to attain a Championship the "easy way". It was a pleasure following the 2011 Dallas Mavericks as they demonstrated how hard work, effort and team work ultimately paid off and "Buying" the championship was not going to happen that season.

Now, as far as quality used to archive the 2011 Finals, I would have enjoyed seeing this in Blu-Ray format but for now the DVD is still a good way to keep a record of this wonderful series. If you're a true fan of the NBA and Dallas Mavericks, do not hesitate to pick this one up before they're gone. A MUST BUY!
on August 24, 2017
This is a DVD you must have. For any nba fan, specially if your team is the Dallas Mavs! The video gives you the chills as it demonstrated and relives the way the Mavs came to winning their very first NBA Championship. This was a TEAM that beat the trio of Wade Bosh and LeBron right after those players saying they would win many championships on a press conferance before the start of that same season. A must have!
on May 30, 2013
This is the first NBA video or DVD I've purchased since 2002, so this was kind of a return to the old days for me.

Unfortunately, it seemed a little too slow-paced for my liking and compared to my other films. The way these guys covered the Finals, you got the sense that the Heat dominated each of the first five games, which wasn't the case. In my personal opinion, those 2011 Finals was the only Finals series the last seven years or so that didn't feel fixed or watered down. Game 2 was especially a classic.

This, however, was a bad representation of the series. Maybe it's because I hate the Heat so such, but it just felt like the Heat had too much of a presence in this compilation.

All in all, a slow-paced DVD. I think it's more of a reflection on the lack of physicality in the NBA overall in this era than it is of the Dallas Mavericks.

Congrats to the Mavs and I wish Jerry Stackhouse could have been part of your title team. He really wanted it and deserved it.
on July 24, 2011
Honestly, I did not expect that much from this DVD. I was under the impression this would be a "rushed to DVD" release filled with your typical sloppy editing and slapped on commentary. Or worse, simply a retread of previous pieces that were also hastily compiled and put together by the NBA in their efforts to capitalize on timing of the release after the Finals while keeping production costs down. However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously, the DVD is 90% compiled of game footage but this is to be expected. I would have preferred a little more interview time with the players and coaches but I understand the meat of this DVD is reliving the 2011 Mavs Finals run and gameplay and not a 60 Minutes piece on the characters involved. That being said, the production was very well done and for the 10% of time spent on dedicated player interviews and commentary I must say that 10% is great. For any Mavericks fan wanting to recapture the feelings they had (ups and downs) of the Mavs 2011 run this is a great dvd to own.

I really appreciated the time they spent on the Mavs backstory and struggles between Game 5 and Game 6 of the Finals on this dvd. Just when you think they are rushing thru the Heat/Mavs series there is pause. At this time there is a good 10+ minutes dedicated to the buildup of the Mavs franchise and all the heartache and turmoil that accompanied them prior to moving on to Game 6 in the film. They really took the time in such an appropriate manner in the dvd to set the stage for the Game 6 victory which I felt was a good choice.

I also felt that the due diligence on the previous playoff series prior to playing the Heat paid off nicely. When I first saw that this dvd was only 70 minutes long I was disappointed as feared they would spend 10 minutes on the intro and regular season, perhaps another 20 on the playoff run and dedicate the remaining time on the Championship series. Not the case. Not the case in such a fact that as I watched it I began to fear that the Heat Series would be only 10 minutes long! Each of the playoff series were given their due, which was greatly appreciated.

As discerning Mavs fan I do have my grievances with this dvd, however. They are not major and in no way would I hope they dissuade any interested party from purchasing this dvd. Regardless, I have to clear my conscious by airing them. As a Dallas resident and life long Dallas Mavs fan, I feel the dvd did not spend enough time on the impact of the Game 4 loss to the Trailblazers in the first series. Yes, they did touch upon the relevance of it to some extent. However, this particular game set the tone for the remaining playoff run as the Mavs found a new identity by casting out all demons that labored the franchise from the last 8+ years as a result of this loss. As a lifelong Mavs fan who used to buy $15 nose bleed tickets when I was 15 yeas old in the early to mid 90s all the way to having the blessings of suite and floor seats into recent years, I along with all hard core Mavs fan, know the curse that has held the Mavs back from excellence.

That curse was the fact that our team beat themselves by not being resilient, aggressive, tough, and persistent enough to win when it mattered. The loss to the Trailblazers in Game 4 at the hands of Brandon Roy was the last ugly show of that curse in a long and heartbreaking run of bad beats the Mavs endured in the playoffs (read: every playoff run since 2006). This loss was the catalyst that propelled the Mavs to the Championship in my opinion. Without the humbling and embarrassing nature of this loss that resurrected all of the demons once again that plagued this franchise at this time there would be no 2011 Mavs Championship. From this loss, the Mavs knew without a shadow of a doubt that there was 48 minutes of basketball to be played and they would never take that for granted again (read: at least 3 Mavs comeback victories in the 4th quarter rest of playoff run to their Championship). So, I guess I just wish more time was spent on this aspect. I understand the time constraints but it would have been nice none the less.

Next grievance: I wish they would have spent more time on the complete arrogance of Dwayne Wade and Lebron James in this series. Obviously, I understand this is a NBA production so they can't ruffle too may feathers, especially those feathers that belong to two of their biggest stars but seriously....it needed to be spotlighted. What other franchise in NBA history has a pre-season rally that portrays their 3 star players as Gods other than Miami in 2010? [...] Last I checked you need 5 players to field a basketball court. And when did you think it was funny to make fun of a guy who owned you the whole series? [...]. Oh, how did that work out for you?

My only only other grievance is the special features. I mean, why bother. There are about 5 special feature vignettes and only one is worth anything. The one that is worth watching, and the one I was most pleasantly surprised at it being included, is simply the Game 2 comeback against the Heat. It is the replay in it's entirety of the last 7 minutes of Game 2 in Miami where the Mavs go on a 17-2 run to beat the Heat. I loved it. Kudos to whoever decided this would be a good edition to the dvd as clearly they were a Mavs fan. And in the end....isn't this who this dvd is made for? As for the remaining special features, when you only give us approximately 2 minutes of a feature do you not think this could have been just shoehorned into the feature presentation itself? Clearly these pieces are "cutting room floor" material. How am I to assume otherwise due to the amount of time you give us with it??

I was really excited at the beginning of 2 of these special features (a breakdown of Dirk's fadeaway and ason Kidd's court vision) but when they ended abruptly after less than 3 minutes I was left sitting there annoyed they were even put out there. What's even more frustrating is they had interviews from current NBA players breaking down Dirk and Jason's awesomeness which I felt was fantastic.....and then it's over in less than 3 minutes. I would have rather you not even teased me and just left that out in that case.

Overall, buy this dvd if you are a Mavs fan...or you live in Ohio....or you hate the Heat (ie: you live in Ohio). The Mavs played with character, poise, and played as a TEAM. Perhaps LeBron, Wade and Bosh will eventually figure out that a Team means more than conspiring to hang out in South Beach together because everyone tells them they are God's gift. Or maybe they should just watch this dvd and realize what a TEAM is.....but I doubt it.
on October 4, 2012
As a Mavericks Fan, this is a must own DVD, remembering the Mavericks first championship, with a sweet taste by defeating the hated Miami Heat. This Dvd has all six games complete, plus some minor special features. I would have love to have a doccumentary type of thing with the path since day 1 of the season with interviews with players, coaches, staff, cuban all the way to game 6, and have like a video recap of all the playoffs and finals. Too bad they didnt do it
on October 22, 2011
I'm a Dallas Mavericks fan so buying and viewing this DVD is a must. It's not bad but it's not great. I think it could have been better. For one, the script could have been done better. I've seen the 80's Lakers and 90's Bulls Championship videos and I think those were great and the standard to which I compare NBA championship videos. Those were more professionally done with much better Production values. And their scripts were outstanding because it generates drama. But I'm still happy with my purchase because I'm a Mavericks fan and it's good to have something to remember their 2011 championship run with. I just hope that next time, when they become champions again (hopefully very soon) they do a better production job with their championship video.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2013
Although I am not a Mavs fan per se, I did enjoy watching the 2011 Finals and was glad to see Dirk finally win a trophy(especially over the team that beat his Mavs in 2006).

This DVD overall does a good job of recapping the Mavs playoff run and the dramatic Finals interspersed with commentary from some players from that championship team(Jason Terry appears the most often).

There's a small amount of special features which is mostly short segments on Dirk, Kidd, Terry, etc. Wished there was more than just a few fleeting shots of the championship parade(one of the best parts of winning a championship-celebrating with your city!).
on February 5, 2014
I got this for my 11 year old son who is finding his love for basketball. We are Mavericks fans, and he wasn't paying that much attention. It was fun to relive it and see him get the history lesson on the championship season. It skims the regular season, turning point games & such, and then it is more detailed for the multiple playoff series. I wish it would have focused more time on the Lakers series (that was the highlight of my life). My only complaint though.
on January 29, 2012
Really enjoyed it! Its format is very similar to previous NBA champions dvds. First 10/15 mins they do a brief history of the club & then a quick review of the regular season. Next 10 mins is the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Then they go into much more detail with the conference finals & NBA finals, speaking about each game individually. They do an individual segment on the coach & Dirk, which are both 3-5 mins long each. Jason Terry, Dirk & the coach do a majority of the commentary/interviews.

I've got nearly all of the last 7 NBA champions dvds & have really enjoyed them all!
on December 12, 2016
Didn't have good story line taking us through games. Mainly just random highlights. I wNted to see the storylines within the games and smack talking