Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2012 The Final Revelation
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 8, 2011
I had to wait for my husband to finish this novel before I could get my hands on it, but once I did I absolutely consumed it, completing it within 30 hours of commencing reading! Ok, I wasn't at work for the day so got in more reading time than usual, but I woke early the next day just to get it finished! From that you can obviously take that this was a fantastically engaging read. I lapped up all of the scientific (physics, astronomy, archaeology) and historic fact, which I understand to be incredibly well researched. The parts of the science that were already familiar to me (such as CMEs and magnetic fields) were explained in an easily digestible manner that any reader will be able to grasp and understand; and the parts that were unfamiliar to me, well, they made perfect sense! The 2 streams of the novel focusing on the 2 primary characters kept me turning pages to get back to each one in turn and find out what was developing. I have one question for the author - where will she be on 21st December 2012?
on April 1, 2011
Based around the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, lots of well researched facts and history are superbly intertwined with fiction in this gripping, easy-to-read novel with two threads. Each thread is based around a strong leading character that you very quickly get to know (Andrew is an archaeologist who finds a codex in a tomb and is trying to find out what it means to mankind and Kathryn is living through the trauma of it on the other side of the world). I thought one of the threads was a little slow to get underway, but this changed very rapidly. It is definitely a thought-provoking read with vividly painted scenes and a depth to the characters. There is also an opening for a sequel which I will happily buy.
on August 27, 2012
Even though the love element was predictable I thoroughly enjoyed the journey as we followed the lives of two groups of people, one group in Mexico leading up to the 21st December 2012 and the other group in New Zealand after the apocalypse. That the world could end this way, as predicted by the Mayan civilisation (in the story) was totally credible and absolutely frightening. It made me aware of how much we rely on others to provide us with the necessities of life - electricity, processed foods, water etc.
on July 3, 2013
Endless praises to Lisa Flaus for writing such a brilliant and engaging first novel!
All other reviews apply, this is a page turner that does not disappoint and will leave you eagerly awaiting a sequel!
Loved it!!
on May 10, 2012
Very impressive first book, excellent characters and very thought provoking. I read this in 2 days and could not stop turning the pages. There has clearly been a lot of research done and I loved the reference to both modern science and the ancient world. Definatly a story the will stay with you long after reading the last page and has already got my friends talking.
on April 15, 2011
I purchased this book because the cover caught my eye and the blurb sounded good. I'm so glad I did because it was fantastic. The only one negative thing I can say about it is it didn't need "2012" on the title. It nearly put me off because I don't believe in all that hype. In saying that, the book combines archaeology, code breaking, end of the world concepts, dystopia, survival and has an underlying love story. The concept is so original for an apocalyptic tale it made me think about it in a whole new light. The story is amazing and it is one of the best books I've ever read and I read alot. I'd give it 10 stars if I was able.
on April 27, 2011
All the cliche comments are used up, like 'I couldn't put it down', 'well-researched', and 'When's the sequel'?
Lisa, my hat off to you, a well-written first novel, and yes, I couldn't put it down! Like so many others, I had to find out just what happened next before I could go to sleep each night!
The research detail is indeed evident, and I learnt a lot - in fact it has prompted me to go visit a few websites since to learn a bit more.
And yes, I'm looking forward to the sequel!
Recommended!
on January 2, 2012
I loved this book, it was an awesome read. The author has obviously researched thoroughly the world of anthropology and science. Not being an expert in these fields I can't comment on the realism but I felt her research proved a great part of the book. There were times during this book where Lisa's writing made me question my own reality and thinking about the topic of 2012 and the possibility of it.
on November 3, 2012
This book wasn`t what I expected. It was a good story, I admit, quite entertaining too, but just not my favourite literature genre. In fact, the first half of the book was pure horror, with really agonizing atmosphere, and then surprisingly, the second half of the book turned to pretty childish and overly romantic stuff. I felt like the book was written by two different people, the change of mood was just so drastic.
on May 30, 2011
I rarely use the phrase "must read" but this books deserves it. It kept me captivated as I enjoyed how there were two seperate stories within the one book. The fact one story was set in New Zealand kept me interested as the places were familiar to me. The book was impeccably researched and brimming with interesting information. The only downside was the book had to end.