- Series: International Code Council Series
- Paperback: 690 pages
- Publisher: ICC (distributed by Cengage Learning); 1 edition (June 9, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1609830407
- ISBN-13: 978-1609830403
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.5 x 1.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 90 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #18,099 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
2012 International Building Code (International Code Council Series) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
New in the 2012 IBC®
Key changes include:
- All definitions are included in Chapter 2.
- Classifications for a variety of health-care related facilities have been clarified.
- Covered- and open-mall provisions revised to fully address the construction of open malls.
- Clarified provisions for incidental-use rooms and spaces.
- Modified provisions addressing exterior wall projections.
- Reformatted requirements for protection of vertical openings through floors.
- Automatic sprinkler systems required where furniture and mattresses are manufactured or stored.
- Increased capacity for stairways and other egress components in buildings with sprinklers and an emergency communication system.
- Clarification of when unenclosed stairways can be used as a part of the means of egress system, including how travel distance is measured.
- In three- and four-exit buildings, some exits are now permitted to serve a portion of a story rather than an entire story.
- Wind design requirements extensively revised.
- Wind load maps are now based on ultimate design wind speeds.
- New terminology for wind speeds.
- Updated seismic ground motion maps.
- The term "occupancy category" changed to "risk category."
- Special inspection requirements for structural steel and masonry construction are now based on referenced standards.
- Penetration firestop and fire-resistant joint systems in high-rise buildings and in Risk Category III or IV structures require special inspection.
- Modifications to the seismic provisions of ACI 318 Appendix D.
About the Author
ICC is a leading organization dedicated to developing a single set of comprehensive, coordinated national model construction codes. To date, 48 U.S. states have adopted various international codes from ICC.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
The CD is just a scan of the loose-leaf book. It's not searchable as it's just images. What's the point in getting something like this on a CD if the contents aren't searchable?
I'm actually wondering if this CD has been pirated. You'd think that if this was done with the organization's permission that they'd require certain specs for the electronic version to adhere to. It should be simple enough for them to convert their original files to PDF and not have to revert to printing it then scanning it.
PC. I tried to convert to PDF, but the program is locked with DRN and cannot be converted. I was not informed about the zoom limitations prior to sale or the DRN,