Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3 reviews
on August 3, 2012
My son is 4 years old and has previously shown very little interest in sports, which is not necessarily uncommon at that age. Not wanting to push him I have often looked for things that he would find interest in and/or get him excited about sports. Someone gave him the starter pack for his birthday in March and I am thrilled they did.

From the beginning he loved seeing what was in the pack (mascots, team logos and stickers for the "silly page" were the favorites), finding the right page, reading the number and placing the sticker. I ended up buying a box and we used the packs as rewards for behavior we were trying to reinforce. As we filled in more and more stickers his interest level and excitement built. He loved seeing how many stickers he had, how many he still needed, what teams were done and even started asking about what the names of each team was.

We put the last sticker in the album last night, which he was super excited about, and he got a baseball glove and ball as a "prize" for finishing. He immediately wanted to go outside and have a catch, even though it was dark, which has never really interested him before.

In March he knew one team, the Red Sox, he now knows the majority of them. He never had any interest in watching baseball and then the other night planted himself on the couch watching for 15 minutes asking me to point out players in his album who we saw on the TV. Along the way he kept pointing out teams to me from the logos that were flashing along the bottom of ESPN's Bottom Line. I was very pleasantly surprised by this whole event.

As a result, he asked if we could do football too and I immediately ordered the Panini 2012 football stickers. They arrived two days ago and he has already blown through 8-10 packs and learned about 10 teams.

To sum up, for my $60 investment I got a budding sports fan, great quality bonding time with my son, developed and reinforced good habits/behavior and a chance to work on some math skills and pattern recognition. As a bonus my 2 year old daughter also got in on the fun and asked for an album of her own and is working on filling it.

All in all one of the best $60 I ever spent and I will definitely be doing it again in 2013.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.