Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2013 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 29e (Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses & Allied Health Professionals)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

After devoting 30 years to Nursing, I remember quite well how many handbooks and guides I took to work with me, regardless of whether it was an 8 hour shift, or a 12 hour shift. The Unit I worked on wasn't a factor either. Whether it's CCU, ICU, MED-SURG or even if you work in a pharmacy, this Guide is a valuable tool for All Nurses and Health Care Professionals. It contains more than 350 IV Drugs, is in Alphabetical Organization, which does matter, because every minute of your time counts. In addition, it provides a detailed appendix of generic and trade names, Very Important to have handy. Also, it provides specific drug actions, and hundreds of drug facts. This essential guide is a handbook that will be used over-and-over, despite what unit you are working on in a hospital setting. It is also updated with the addition of New drugs. Easy to read, and essential guide that is a Treasure for Health Care Professionals. Highly Recommended!
on June 20, 2014
I have used many of the same brand books for regular meds over the years and always was pleased with them. This is the first time I've used an IV med book with this brand name and I am just as pleased. It gives concise, yet thorough information in a very reader friendly layout that I like. Info is easy to find and easy to read. I would buy another one and will continue to use this. I like it a lot. If you've ever used another IV drug resource book, you probably know how confusing and incomplete they can be. This is not like that.
on April 9, 2014
The chart in the back of the book listed D5 1/2 NS as incompatible with calcium gluconate, but every other source including micromedex AND the hospital pharmacy says it IS compatible.

What else is wrong? What if this book claims something IS compatible when it's not?!?
on February 24, 2013
However, I can't find reliable information on dilutions and all. Now dragging it to the hospital to save myself time doing pushes and drips because you don't want to have to tell your prof. you found about 3 different references for dilutions, or giving undiluted, in Micromedex. Consider, if you have a friend who has clinicals with you, getting this together.
on December 5, 2012
Amazing drug book for nursing students. Good for RNs too. Quickly look up medications, their compatibility with other medications in a continuous IV, and IVP rates with listed side effects. I use this book every time I give a IV or IVP drug and my instructor is always very impressed. I recommend it highly for all students.
on December 20, 2012
I've used these books for many years and find that you can't buy any other book and get the same concise information in a format that is easy to use.
on August 6, 2013
This book was highly recommended by my instructor and she said it was a mandatory for her class when she was in nursing school. We have the Davis drug guide, but this IV handbook is specifically for IV meds and is more detailed than the Davis drug guide when it comes to IV meds and compatibility. On a funny note, my instructor started calling me "IV med queen", because I was always prepared for every IV med administration! I knew exactly how long to push a direct IV med, what was compatible or not, the pH, what side/adverse effects to look out for, antidotes, interactions & etc. Enough said...this book is a must have to be an astute nurse in IV med. administration.
on February 27, 2013
classic book for referencing iv medications. most information is available on the internet/hospital formularies but occasionally something is missing so this is a great "hard" reference to have.
on August 9, 2014
I hate when these schools make students pay a lot of money for products they almost never use. I probably used this book twice during clinical. Very expensive and of course because it is from 2013, in 2014, I could not even resell the piece of expensive junk.
on June 28, 2013
I have worked in busy ER's for years and this book has been my "med bible," so to speak....Very disappointed in this version (I have a Kindle). It is very difficult to find a med quickly...it's NOT user friendly....several of us at work have played with it, and feel it's just not good enough in hurry or even otherwise to pull up information....We con't to use the book....it was a waste of my money..2 of our superusers couldn't even figure out how to locate a drug and info after playing with it for a while.........not user friendly at all! I cannot recommend