Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2013 Wall Calendar: Anne Taintor
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on September 7, 2012
I have been ordering the Anne Taintor calendars for several years, and the quality of the calendar is fabulous as usual. Unfortunately, in my opinion, they just aren't as amusing as they used to be. I'm afraid 2013 will be my last Anne Taintor calendar. I don't smile when I see most of the pictures in this one, I just feel a little depressed. I would have liked it if I could have seen what was in the calendar before I purchased it, so I will describe it so you can make your own decisions.

**Spoiler Alert** Don't read any further if you want to be surprised each month when you turn your calendar page.

January-Two apron clad women in kitchen with cookware: "sign up for a life of drudgery and receive these free gifts"

February-Two women looking into open oven with baked ham: "you're right! It does look like her Facebook picture!"

March-Man leaning over woman's shoulder while she washes dishes with toddler: "my lobotomy did wonders for my morale... no more crazy feminist talk from me!"

April-Women in coat and hat next to woman doing dishes: "hurry up, Charlotte! my credit cards are about to expire!"

May-Woman pulling ice cream from freezer while surrounded by toddlers in party hats: "she couldn't even remember the last time she partied with adults"

June-Girl riding on man's back: "oh Daddy! you're so much more fun after your third cocktail!"

July-Child going through cooler at picnic: "where's the toy in this stupid happy meal?"

August-Woman and girl pulling pies from oven: "can I be a boy instead?"

September-Woman hanging laundry: "laundry! grocery shopping! carpool! and it's not even my birthday!"

October-Woman and small boy: "now remember, sweetheart... if you lose another lunchbox, Mommy will have to sell you to pirates"

November-Man with coffee pot, woman doing dishes and child: "hurry, dear... if you miss the bus you'll have to walk 'cause Mommy can't drink and drive"

December-Woman and child wrapping presents: "remember sweetie... I'll be checking it twice..."
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2007
I love my Anne Taintor. She can do no wrong. So glad I got this before it sold out as I missed it last year. My kitchen is naked and ashamed without an Anne Taintor wall calendar.
on May 16, 2011
Not only are the pictures hysterical, but the calendar is really good quality paper and a great size with tons of white space. Would buy again.
on February 13, 2012
I am a HUGE Anne Taintor fan. So imagine my surprise and disappointment when I discovered that the dates are wrong on my 2012 calendar! This February has 29 days, guess what, it's not on my calendar. March first is on a Thursday. Guess what? My Anne Taintor calendar has it on a Tuesday?! Whomever the proofer was should be tarred and feathered! I'm so sad, mad and generally really pissed off. These calendars are not cheap. It was a gift, so I guess I'll just have to enjoy the pictures and not really use the calendar. What a rip-off!
on July 27, 2012
It's a funny calendar. I actually laughed out loud at many of the captions. However I like to write on my calendar, and each box for the date is honestly too small to write more than one thing in them.
on December 26, 2012
I have been a fan of Anne Taintor for years now. I buy the note pads, sticky notes, mugs, napkins, calendars and whatever else. Just never get tired of seeing 1950's art with her funny captions. I understand she works with her daughter to come up with the captions themselves and they are 98% right on with their cleverness. I am a person who loves vintage anything...especially food and diner art and advertising from this era, so I'm so happy to have found these calendars. It's very female oriented, using old 1950's era advertising posters and ads with funny captions. The art is blown up to fill all or most of the large top portion of the calendar and the bottom half is an easy-to-see month with the dates in small boxes so you could write an event in the box if you chose to use it that way. It also has the previous month and following month calendar in a small box a the lower right corner which I find most helpful. I keep it on the wall next to my desk and computer and love seeing it there everyday and no matter how often I look at the pictures, I still get a chuckle from the captions over and over...and I always love seeing those wonderful old fashioned ads from the 50's.
on September 19, 2010
I have already hung the 2011 up at my desk. When I bought Anne Taintor products and my friends at work saw them (I got this calendar for me, some sticky notes for the girls I work with, an address book for my mother), THEY in turn bought them like I did. You can't just buy "a calendar" for yourself. You look at all the other products and laugh because you KNOW someone else who would get a kick out of the products. If you're like me and you enjoy brightening someone's day and making them laugh, buy this calendar or ANY of her products you need! GREAT FOR GIFTS ... and gifts for yourself are great!I Dreamed My Whole Desk Was Clean Sticky Notes
Why Yes I Am Overqualified Sticky Notes
All This And A Paycheck Sticky Notes
Anne Taintor Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again Sticky Notes
Anne Taintor An Attitude Sticky Note
on December 7, 2012
i am an Anne Taintor fan so i was glad to get this. i even pre-ordered it before it was released. it is great conversation starter at work. and goes well with the collection of magnets and other Anne Taintor items my co-workers have given me thru the years.
on January 22, 2013
I've ordered one of these for the past 4 years as a Christmas present for my girlfriend. The 2013 version falls slightly short when compared to 2012 or earlier calendars, but nevertheless it is still one-of-a-kind humor that we enjoy each month. I will continue my tradition for as long as they are available.
on January 8, 2013
Really love the prints--we're in our late 50's and enjoy 'reminiscing'. Some folks have chided the calendar for using too many new technical references--so be it. It's a nice meld between long-ago and today. We've been buying Anne Taintor calendars for years now and will continue to do so. Well done....