Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
2018 My Shining Year Life Workbook: The best-selling yearly goals planner Paperback – September 28, 2017
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However - this year I am a little disappointed. One of the things I love about Leonie Dawson is her attention to detail, and the way she is in tune with her community. Earlier versions were tweaked based on the feedback from users.
But this version is the same as the 2017 one with a golden cover and the year updated. There are a few additional pages at the back to review goals (this was previously incorporated in the diary and the planner, which are no longer for sale), but they come at the cost of the doodle pages. There is also a page missing in the my shining creativity section (I love those colouring pages, so I noticed).
I receive Leonie Dawson's newsletter, and she spoken in the past year of scaling back and focusing on her core businesses of the academy and essential oils. So I understand her choice to do a repeat of last year's version. But it does make me feel as if this is not her core business, and as such receives less care and attention. And as creativity and authenticity are such a large part of her straight-talking, hippie brand, it feels disappointing to receive a product that is lacking in those qualities.
Hopefully next year the shine will be back!
The workbook was GREAT for a beginning business, but as I grew in my professional and personal life the Goal books didn't. The last couple of years the books are almost IDENTICAL. I got the PDF version from the Academy this year and it is really not any different than the last few years. If you like this workbook I would suggest you buy the PDF version and use it year after year and just change the date.
I think this years book shows what I have felt for the past year or two. Leonie's heart is no longer in this work book. She has changed her focus to an MLM and that's the meat of her newsletters. Sad, it feels like the end of an era.
Changes from 2017 to 2018
1) Not spiral-bound, which makes writing towards the center awkward. I'm also pretty sure this binding is not going to last given how much I've been having to crack the spine in order to write.
2) No table of contents, which isn't much of a loss, really.
3) Paper feels cheaper. It's definitely thinner than last year's. While the colors are slightly more vibrant, the printed ink seems to sit on top of the page (heavily printed areas are more glossy) instead of being matte or more "soaked in" like last year's. This makes smudging more of an issue if using your standard gel or ballpoint pen (at least in the heavily colored areas, like the year in review section). The pages aren't thick enough to handle extra fine point Sharpies without bleeding.
4) Missing the "How Do You Want to Nourish Your Soul This Year?" circle/color in page from the My Shining Soul section.
5) Now that Leonie no longer makes the weekly planner, the monthly check-ins are back! See, the changes aren't all bad!
6) There're only 2 pages in the My Shining Notes section. Last year had 15+.
7) No pocket folder in the back.
While I'm disappointed with many of the changes - feels like a downgrade, I respect and understand Leonie's need to shift focus and recoup this year. I just hope next year the workbook gets a little more love.
Having said that, I had to remove one star since I have seen no significant changes in the workbook in the past 2 years. This is the first time I got the printed version hoping that the colors would be vibrant but actually I felt that I ended up paying extra unnecessarily since the copier version gave similar colors and the copier paper was easier to write on.
Front cover already pulled away upon first use.
The pages are shiny, which makes some ink smear and less likely to use pencil in those spots. As well making it have an annoying glare.
Same content, less doodling and notes pages.
Miss having the actual date planner to go with it.
Most recent customer reviews
The only think that brought the stars down from a five is the paper could have been heavier paper stock.