Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• 21
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Wonderful album. Loved that ROLLING IN THE DEEP was on it which was the main reason for getting it. But what a surprise that the whole album is great. Maybe not quite as good as her newest one but a very close second. I'm really glad I ordered it. Played with her newest CD it is a nice addition and I can get all of my chores done without listening to repetitive Adele songs on my Bluetooth headset. Plus the added Amazon benefit was that it had AutoRip which loads the CD's MP3 versions onto my Amazon Music Player on all of my devices before the CD even arrives two days later. And I don't have to go through the trouble of downloading it to my computer to get the songs onto my phone. So it is instant gratification. I love Amazon's AutoRip that alone makes it a better deal to order from Amazon than somewhere else!
6 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2017
This is a review for the Vinyl LP version. I have this album on CD and digitally from iTunes. I recently got back into vinyl after selling it all off in the late 80's. In terms of content and performer, it gets a solid 5 stars, it's the audio quality by which I am greatly let down. Playing the vinyl through my entry level audiophile grade equipment and comparing it to the iTunes version, the album is incredible compressed by comparison. The audio quality is veiled, lacks detail, incredibly disappointing. Again, by comparison to the iTunes version, it sounds like a 128bit mp3 and that is being kind. It is nowhere remotely close to the vinyl LP mastering and audio quality from the likes of Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington, The Great Summit; Dire Straits, Brother In Arms; Dave Matthews, Crash Anniversary Edition; Bob Seger, Greatest Hits just to name a few. If you expect better that iTunes quality, pass on this LP. It's actually significantly worse.
2 people found this helpful
on October 5, 2017
This is the LP version.

First the bad. I received my copy and immediately when I put it on the turntable, I got some pops. Not static from dirt and static buildup. There was a scratch. Another showed up a few songs in. On inspection, the LP appears to have been scratched by something as the two scratches lined up. Also appeared someone tried to buff them out before shrink wrapping them (I saw marks on the LP around the scratches). So shame on the manufacturer or packager.

But...I requested a replacement from Amazon and it was shipped out VERY quickly. I got that one and it is pristine. Thank you Amazon! Very heavy vinyl (ad doesn't mention 180g or 200g but it's certainly in that realm. Sound quality, unfortunately, is only OK. I've heard fabulous recordings (in one case an open reel tape made from the LP) and the sound quality (SQ) was quite good. Not sure why this is not as good (my system is very good, so that's not the issue). But it's still decent quality sound overall. Still trying to decide if I like the music on this album, but that's not Amazon's fault!!!
on January 5, 2018
There isn't much else I can say about Adele that you probably don't already know. If you've never heard of her, then I suggest you start your collection with this album. Her voice is one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. Her music speaks to you no matter what mood you are in...but I assure you, if you are feeling down, blue, depressed....listen to Adele. It will change your perspective and lift you up and get you through your slumps. I took my mom for her 65th birthday to see Adele and her voice sent sound waves and chills through my body and raised every hair on my arm. And you are a vinyl person, this is one for the books. Excellent bass sounds and a a tremendous treble high. Love, love, love it.
on April 15, 2016
I'm 62 and needed some new music after my husband died. After the first of the year, decided to go with Adele and WOW! Yep, she's my GO TO for soul. Can't say as much yet about the 25 CD, and actually returned Skyfall CD since it only had ONE song on it (REALLY? for $11??). Anyway, as far as 21 goes, this is FABULOUS!!
4 people found this helpful
on July 16, 2017
An amazing album on vinyl for any person of all tastes and all ages! It is hard to find a person who does not like Adele, and more specifically this album. It is much better than hearing her digitally, but I am not going to get into the disparages between digital and vinyl sounds. The packaging is great and the album also came with an MP3 copy for on the go listening, which is greatly appreciated as most albums, vinyl or otherwise, do not provide digital copies.
on January 16, 2018
I was a little hesitant to get this on vinyl as there were some reviews out there that state the pressing is good. But there were also reviews that said the sound quality was good. I decided to roll the dice and get it anyway...

And my copy sounds great! It's not warped in any way, and there are no flaws or skips. As for the sound quality, it sounds amazing on my system. I have heard some really disappointing pressings (and I've been vocal in my reviews about them) but this pressing is not one of them. Her voice is alive and sensual in every track
on February 17, 2016
I bought this at a time when I was going through a bad breakup. I knew all of the songs already but my breakup took my view of this album to a whole new level. Adele wrote all of the songs after she split from her boyfriend. The songs capture the hurt, longing, and even some strength that everything will be okay in every song. If you have ever had someone rip your heart out in a relationship - you will sob like a baby as Adele sings every feeling you are going through. A modern masterpiece in music.
2 people found this helpful
on August 7, 2017
I like the CD but the songs were poorly recorded by the sound engineer/music producer. Both the bass and the treble are highly exaggerated. On high-end speakers capable of playing both very deep bass and very high treble notes, you'll hear very exaggerated sounds of bass beats and highly exaggerated breath sounds.
on December 3, 2016
I purchased this for my brother, because his wife asked me to. But i have already love and sung many of the songs for years. This artists was brought to my attention by my students, when they first mentioned her i thought her voice was impossible. That she was such a great singer, only to come to love the poetry of her songs and how they can connect to me in many ways.