Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Jon Batiste STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• 21
  • Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 3, 2016
I purchased this for my brother, because his wife asked me to. But i have already love and sung many of the songs for years. This artists was brought to my attention by my students, when they first mentioned her i thought her voice was impossible. That she was such a great singer, only to come to love the poetry of her songs and how they can connect to me in many ways.
on January 5, 2016
This purchase was for my wife.... Oh, who am I kidding... I bought it for me...

I've always really liked the sound of her voice, but my entire purchase was for the Set Fire to the Rain song. I really like the way she performs that one, and the music is very cool too.

This is her second album, but the only one I own. If you've heard Adele, and liked it, you won't be disappointed with this album.
on March 14, 2013
I know I'm late to the party but damn I'm glad I'm here. Adele's voice shines on this album; the song writing is solid; and the throw back sound is executed so well it sounds as modern as anything else out there. A truly timeless album. There were some tracks ("Turn The Tables," "Don't You Remember," and "Take It All") that just aren't for me, but even those are very well made. I love how the album changes style throughout, but I can't help but feel it's not complete. It may just be the songs I don't like breaking the intended rhythm for me, but I can't help but feel something is missing on this album.

All and all though 4 stars captures my opinion of this album. I'm very happy with it, the ballads blew me away, but there's something missing for me so I can't appreciate it as much as other s have.
on July 7, 2014
You cannot help but love Adele. There was a lot of brew-ha-ha when she first came out about her size. Know what? Doesn't matter. This woman sings with her soul and she has the passion in her voice to back it up. They say that it "ain't over until the fat lady sings". Thank God that's not true.....(and who gives a sh*t anyway, unless you are ....never mind....it will get censored)I look forward to listening to her voice for years to come. This is a great CD with lots of great songs (albeit, mostly heartbreak songs, so if you're going through that, as I recently did, it might be tough to listen to, as they are from the heart).
Buy this CD. You will not be disappointed and will find yourself singing along after awhile.
on April 20, 2014
It seems rather ridiculous to write a review for an artist as famous as Adele but perhaps there are guys that might find this worthwhile. I am a Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Tom Petty, Neil Young, the Offspring, Black Keys kind of guy. My wife wanted me to listen to this. Roll the eyes. But, you know there are other voices and songs and musicality that ring true as well. Linda Ronstadt singing "Blue Bayou", Janis, The Wilson sisters singing "Magic Man", Sheryl Crow and "Strong Enough (to be My Man)." If you liked any of these then buy this CD and sit back 'n listen. I don't think you will regret it.
on July 23, 2016
Delighted with this purchase. There was some problem with the order which was immediately addressed. The delivery service lost the initial package and it was re-ordered-then both packages arrived. One was returned to Amazon. All's well that ends well. I listen to this CD at least once a day. Her voice is so beautiful and the lyrics are so meaningful. I strongly recommend Adele to anyone reading this review.
on October 6, 2017
I just love Adele. She has a beautiful voice as well as a beautiful persona. I love her music because I can identify. I would recommend this album to everyone who loves her music. And as a matter of fact , her other album... 25 is great as well. Go out and buy it, you won't be disappointed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2016
21 is a lovely collection of what became many of Adele's greatest hits, and highlights her unique style very well. A lovely piece of work for any Adele fan - or for anyone else, who will quickly become an Adele fan!
on July 28, 2011
I heard a song on the radio... on a "pop station" my daughter listens to... I turned it up and thought how 50's or 60-ish the music sounded. It was old R&B type music and vocals with modern recording and production techniques. That is Adele. I'm amazed that such a talent based in soul, rhythm & blues has achieved a chart topping single! There's hope for real music and artistry after all. Adele is not the youth pop icon set out in front with manipulative marketing, but an "old soul" in a young persons body. Her songs aren't bought and paid for but an expression of her true self and her originality. Recorded and produced as they should be, not spit shined to slick for the masses. She is absolutely beautiful, unique and a breath of fresh air in today's music. Hopefully her success will grow and open doors for other such talented but "out of the mainstream" artists.
on June 7, 2014
This is a collection of songs that seem to express longing and regret for lost love. Many of us can relate to missed opportunity and we can think back to what could have been... if only .....
Adele brings these words to life with deep feeling and some anguish. For those who are currently struggling with the choices they have made in their life journey, these songs could have a deep impact. On the other hand, for those in a "happy place" in their lives, I would imagine these could be enjoyable, well composed songs.