SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm 19-Stitch Portable Sewing Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Quick-and-easy threading saves time
- Adjustable stitch length and zigzag width allow you to customize stitches
- 19 built-in stitches with 1 fully automatic 4-step buttonhole provide endless project possibilities
- Four snap-on presser feet expand your creative sewing possibilities
- Easy stitch selection makes choosing your stitches a breeze. 110 volt sewing machine designed for United States and Canadian use only.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Just learning? Just perfect
The Singer 2259 Tradition Sewing Machine has the features to make starting a new hobby easy. This sewing machines features an automatic four-step buttonhole, easy stitch selection, and snap-on presser feet. Thread the machine quickly and easily. Just follow the arrows on the machine, and you are threaded in a snap.
Nineteen basic, stretch, and decorative built-in stitches provide options for everything from the most basic garment alterations to more elaborate home décor designs.
Features and Benefits
Easy to Use
Just learning? Just perfect. The Singer 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use 19-Stitch Sewing Machine.
Automatic 4-Step Buttonhole
Buttonholes made easy.
Adjustable Stitch Length
Keep your seams strong and prevent bunching on any type of fabric with Adjustable Stitch Length.
Arm with On-Board Storage
The free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The on-board storage provides easy access to the included accessories.
Simple Stitch Selection
Simply choose the stitch that's right for your project.
19 Built-In Stitches
Nineteen built-in stitches offer a variety of options for fashion sewing, crafts, home décor, and decorative sewing.
Heavy Duty Metal Frame
The internal skeleton of the sewing machine. This rigid support holds all the mechanisms in perfect alignment for perfect sewing and durability.
All-Purpose Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper Foot, Thread Spool Caps (2), Screwdriver, Edge / Quilting Guide, Bobbins (Class 15), Needles, Seam Ripper/ Lint Brush, Foot Pedal, Power Cord, Instruction Manual, Machine Intro DVD.
Singer is Sewing Made Easy
Four Snap-On Presser Feet Included
All-Purpose Foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
Buttonhole Foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
Button Sewing Foot - sewing on buttons is a breeze.
Zipper Foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Answers At Your Fingertips
Online Support available.
Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks!
Singer Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
Additional Features & Benefits
- Easy Stitch Selection
- Adjustable Stitch Length & Zigzag Width.
- 19 Built-In Stitches
- Automatic 4-Step Buttonhole
- Automatic Bobbin Winding
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
- Four-Segment Feed Dog System
- Multiple Needle Positions
- Adjustable Tension
- Automatic Presser Foot Pressure Control
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
|Number of Built-In Stitches||19||23|
|Buttonhole||Automatic 4-Step Buttonhole||Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole|
The SINGER 2259 Tradition portable Sewing Machine has the features to make starting a new hobby easy. This sewing machines features an automatic four-step buttonhole, easy stitch selection, and snap-on presser feet. Thread the machine quickly and easily. Just follow the arrows on the machine, and you are threaded in a snap. Nineteen basic, stretch, and decorative built-in stitches provide options for everything from the most basic garment alterations to more elaborate home décor designs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I chose this over the ones with lots of programing, because I didn't want something that was going to break in a year or two. I had read that the less expensive programable ones tend to break easily. I mainly wanted a programable for the button holes (see below).
2. I read the reviews on this one and some say that the bobbin was hard to wind. This is true only if you follow the directions in the book. I tried those directions and wasted 2 spools of thread- there is NO way it will work like that. I asked a friend for help and here is what you do to wind the bobbin correctly: DO NOT put the tread through the silver loop marked #1.INSTEAD- pull the thread directly from the spool and bring it over to the silver thing that it tells you to wrap it around, but wrap the opposite way from the picture- wrap it like a J, the pull it up and around over to the bobbin area. It sounds confusing, but its simple- just a simple figure 8 directly from spool to bobbin, but make sure you wrap from the bottom not the top like in the usless picture- and viola, perfect bobbins:)
3. Button holes were always a problem for me- but not any more!! There is a button hole foot with this that is super simple! You just make a dot on your fabric where the center of the top stitch will be and begin. The machine has a dial that lets it know you are sewing a button hole, you still have to turn the dial between steps, but you never have to turn the fabric around. (you will need to operate the pedal), but It starts by sewing the right side length, then you turn the dial and make the left to right stitches (I like to do those by turning the handle myself for 3 complete stitches), then you switch the dial again and it will automatically go in reverese to sew the other side, then finish by making the top left/right stiches and you are done. So simple, and I have made some horrible, horrible button holes in the past, but this is so easy I no longer dread button holes! It even has a foot to sew the button on!
4. The spool does not stick straight up like my old sewing machine - instead it is sort of recessed at the top of the machine- this is nice because I tend to take my machine to my friends house and once the spool holder on my old one broke while in the trunk (I fixed it with heavy tape)- this one will not break the way it is designed.
Finally- I would recommend this machine! It gets the job done, makes frustrating things easy and because it is mechanical I believe it will last another 15+ years:)