Customers also bought
Your saliva collection kit typically arrives within 3 to 5 days.
Follow kit instructions to spit in the tube provided — all from home. Register your saliva sample tube using the barcode so we know it belongs to you, and mail it back to our lab in the pre-paid package.
In approximately 6 to 8 weeks, we will send you an email to let you know your reports are ready in your online account. Log in and start discovering what your DNA says about you.
What types of health reports are NOT included?
We do not currently offer reports on hereditary risks for diseases like cancer and heart disease.
How do I receive my reports?
Our service is exclusively online. You'll receive your reports through a password-protected account at 23andme, and you'll have access to additional web-based tools and features.
In order to receive reports and participate in the service, you need to have a valid email address that allows you to send and receive messages. You also need access to a computer or mobile device that connects to the Internet.
Why do I need to register my kit?
You need to register your kit in order to link it to your 23andMe account online. Registration connects the barcode on your saliva sample to your account so we know your sample belongs to you. Our lab cannot process your sample if it is not registered.
How does my DNA become a report?
Your saliva contains DNA from cells in your mouth. We send you a saliva collection kit and instructions for providing your sample.
Our lab extracts DNA from cells in your saliva sample. Then the lab processes the DNA on a genotyping chip that reads hundreds of thousands of locations in your genome.
Your genetic data is analyzed, and we generate your personalized reports based on well-established scientific and medical research.
How is my privacy protected?
You choose how your genetic information is used and shared with others. We tell you how those choices are implemented and how we collect, use and disclose your information.
· We will not share your individual-level information with any third party without your explicit consent
· We support the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) and other similar laws that protect individuals from being discriminated against based on their genetics and will not provide your information or results to employers or health insurance companies
· We have guidelines and policies in place to protect the personal information of children as well as incapacitated or deceased individuals
· We do not provide information to law enforcement unless we are required to comply with a valid subpoena or a court-ordered request
· You can review the 23andMe Privacy Statement on the 23andme website
What is the history of the company?
23andMe was founded in 2006 to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome.
We have more than two million genotyped customers around the world.
How accurate are the results?
23andMe is the first and only genetic service available directly to you that includes reports that meet regulatory requirements for being scientifically and clinically valid.
Our rigorous quality standards:
· Genetic health risk reports* and carrier status reports* meet regulatory criteria for being scientifically and clinically valid
· All saliva samples are processed in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations
· Our DNA collection kit is regulation-cleared for use with our genetic health risk reports and carrier status reports.
· Manufactured in accordance with regulations
· Genotyping is a well-established and reliable platform for analyzing DNA
· Our team of scientists and medical experts use a rigorous process to develop and design each report, ensuring validity and ease of use
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?