Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2008, 12:22:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2008, 5:57:55 AM PST
Daphnet says:
According to the lego.com website, their price for set #6166 is $24.99. I thought I would start a new post instead of answering the discussion that starts with the "$52.45?" post.

I think Amazon should list the manufacturer's suggested list price for new toys. It's hard for online shoppers to see how large certain toys are, and it's not always easy to find the same item somewhere else to compare prices, especially when the name of the product differs a bit. Lego calls this set "Large Brick Box."

Perhaps individual consumers could start by posting the MSPR for overpriced toys in discussion headers (prices are often deleted from item ratings). If third-party sellers want to list toys at inflated prices and consumers want to spend more for a hard-to-find toy, they are all free to do so.

[edited to correct set number]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2008, 6:13:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2008, 6:14:04 AM PST
Thanks for this post. It's good to know that the MSRP for this set is a lot lower than the current prices on Amazon. I did a quick search and saw several places that were selling this set for quite a bit less than the other retailers.

One minor correction though: the number for this set is 6166, not 6266.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008, 6:01:18 AM PST
Daphnet says:
Scott is correct that the set # is 6166. I have changed my initial post to fix my typo. At least I typed the MSRP correctly.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2008, 9:41:46 AM PST
BerBar says:
You are right Daphnet, if people want to pay more for hard to get items, they should. However, this one is definitely not a hard to get item. I saw dozens of these in the local ToysRus store, you can also get it at Target and of course Lego.

Now, my question is: Why does Amazon let its vendors rip-off the costumers?

Posted on Apr 13, 2009, 6:28:51 PM PDT
AmazonLover says:
The MSRP for this product for 09 is now $29.99

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2009, 7:15:17 PM PDT
FL mom of 2 says:
Yes - it is $29.88 at Walmart too. I tend to check the Amazon prices at places like that to verify but have consistently found that anything sold "BY AMAZON", not a third party, is the best price I find anywhere. But I do agree that if this website showed the MSRP would be a huge help! Many third parties sell things for much higher.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 17, 2009