BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 21, 2013
There have been many plots involving the President of the USA, but this is perhaps a more unusual one. There were two plots going on in this book - a romance and a political mystery - and for me, neither were particularly convincing as they were not give a lot of depth. Although there were parts of the book which were funny and interesting, the two parts felt as though they were separate to each other. I don't want to give a spoiler, because this book is well worth reading and other people obviously have a different opinion to mine. The cover is awesome, btw.

The imagery of the mountains of Wyoming are lovely and worth a mention.

Jenna Elliott, an outdoors woman, stops one night to pick up a man clad in wet pyjamas who states that he is going to be killed. Recognising him, she stows him under the sacks of feed in her truck and whisks him to temporary shelter.Jenna is quite a likeable character, but has the "I can look after myself" tough attitude so prevalent in modern heroines. I found myself wanting to slap her for her selfishness at one stage about 3/4 into the story when Ken is trying to save her hide and those of the old couple she is staying with. The hero is quite likeable, but not entirely believable as the President of the USA. His attitude to being surrounded by enemies is very laid back and not what I would have expected.

There were times when the plot was fast-paced and exciting, others when it slowed down a little too much. There needs to be peaks and troughs, but the troughs tended to lack the detail which would have explained more of what was going on. Some of the mystery became a little confusing - a bloodied rag, e.g. - and a few of what should, IMO, have been creepy lead-ups to mayhem were written minimally so lost some of their fear factor - e.g. a crook who, in one short paragraph, is conveniently murdered by a moose.

All in all, this author is one to watch.
on October 15, 2017
Well written with some twists. Some parts aren't clear as to reason for occurrence but overall entertaining read all the same.
on September 30, 2013
perfect rainy day read, the urge to power is explored at a time when a few zealots are openly blackmailing the rest of our government this book is about covert possibilities which are more chilling because 'good men do nothing' if they know nothing
on October 22, 2013
Loved this book. It kept me reading until I was done. Fast moving and intriguing - Definitely worth the read!!!!
on August 10, 2013
Here is my advice about this book: 1) buy it, 2) make sure you have time to read it all because once the action gets going you won't want to stop reading until you get to the endearing end. I so appreciated the humor as well as intrigue. I also really appreciate that this book is clean enough to pass on to my teenagers to read.
on September 25, 2013
I really enjoyed this story. I figured Joe left Jenna her money at the bottom of the wood pile. The outhouse was a nice touch. I loved that her grandfather left her the family photos and the medals with the money in that box. Mac and his wife were a nice substitute for Jenna's grandfather, too. At the end of the story, I kept waiting for Tony to show his ugly self. When he did show up, I laughed at him being taken down by a group of her students. I wouldn't have minded if they filled his butt with a load of buckshot.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2013
Excellent I Loved this book it was a great read I could not put it down. I want another mystery like this
on June 18, 2014
This is a fun read. The story line is engaging with just enough twists in the plot to keep you wanting to read on. The narrative style is crisp and feels real. The context is modern and plausible and feels like it could be "in the news". There is very little wasted narrative so that it reads clean and fast without bogging down in an attempt to give extraneous detail. All in all this was a joy to read.
on May 26, 2015
Started out with a potentially good story line but descended into the unbelievable. Overly long and too many sub-plots. Skipped thru some portions to get to the end which was too predictable. Two stars is generous.
on May 6, 2017
Thought this was stupid, a poor reading experience. I deleted from device without reading. I would not recommend to anyone.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse