Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Bought my son Titanfall for his 4GB xBox only to find out after the fact that he needs a hard drive to play the game. Found this on for about half of the price of the branded version and gave it a try. Very happy with the purchase. Installs with no tools in about 30 seconds and is recognized immediately. I've had it installed for about a month and have had zero problems.
Just in case you don't know, this installs in the side of the xBox, not the back. There's a little removable cover and the drive slides right in.
117 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on March 2, 2014
Works fine. Ease to install in the xbox 360E.
Been using for a month with no issues. You need this if you bought a 4 GB xbox because you will not be able to play most games without upgrading the memory.
82 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2017
I highly recommend this hard drive. We were given an Xbox 360 and found some inexpensive games for it such as Destiny but were bummed out when we learned that the internal space that came with the Xbox 360 was inadequate. A USB thumbdrive with 32GB would not work either so was I relieved to see that we could buy a hard drive from Amazon and install it into our system on the side of the unit.

The installation was very quick and super easy and we were able to start downloading the necessary game data immediately. Thank you so much for having this hard drive as an affordable alternative.
on December 5, 2016
I was a little skeptical because of some reviews from people who have had problems with this hard drive. My stepson kept having problems with the flash drives he was using for his Xbox 360. He also kept running out of room on the flash drives. I bribed him with this to have him do some extra projects/chores around the house. Money well spent. I helped him install it (very easy, since he had the 4Gb model which already had an open slot for the hard drive), and hasn't had a problem since. He loves having the extra storage space, and since he takes the 360 between houses and friend's houses, he doesn't have to worry about carrying around flash drives too.
on January 6, 2015
Used to update xbox 360 4gb slim purchased in 2013. At the time we got the xbox 360 it seemed like the 4gb internal was all that was needed. As the kids progressed to more space hungry games it became apparent that 4gb was way too small. Recent purchase of Destiny required a hard drive. This unit is not OEM, but it looks just like the Microsoft version and the cost was about 1/2 or 1/3 less. It slides into the slot on the xbox 360 (takes seconds to install), power up the xbox and the drive was instantly recognized as a Microsoft drive with 250gb of storage. I've read older xbox games (non-360 games) may not install on this drive. Didn't worry about that as we have none of those older games.
on September 26, 2014
Product is exactly as advertised for half the price of the Microsoft product. YES, it fits in the 360E xbox (which I bought at Walmart). At first I didn't think the hard drive was working, but after an hour of frustration and googling crap that did not help, I decided to make sure the hard drive was in all the way- I slammed it in and voila, it worked. No problems since then. Lifesaver for me, a mother with zero understanding of the various xbox models and limited funds.
7 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2016
I was really nervous about picking this up. I recently bought a 4GB Xbox 360 for $99 and figured I'd just use a 16GB flash drive or something but began to realize that I'd need more space regardless of how few games I played. This 250GB hard drive game in very good packaging, wrapped up nice and snug. I unwrapped it, unboxed my new 360 and put the hard drive right in without even booting the Xbox. The console booted without issue and immediately recognized the hard drive. I renamed it, and went about my GTA V-loving business. No issues to date.

Only drawback may be the pull tab. While I won't be removing it anytime soon, I can imagine it wearing and breaking off over time just by the feel. Not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.
One person found this helpful
on August 8, 2015
8/22/15 update: reinstalled h/d. Quick simple. To begin the Destiny sever was erroring out. Hacked?

Anyway, reinstall went fine. Destiny up and running. The client (my son) is happy.

In order to run Destiny I purchased this hard drive and attempted to install it on an xBox 360. On three of three attempts I receive the following error message, "Expansion content appears to be damaged or missing and cannot be loaded. Please reload and try again." [see photo]

I'll write another review after taking to tech support (if they have it).
review image
2 people found this helpful
on March 9, 2016
I cheaped-out and bought a 4GB XB360 thinking "4 Gigs is plenty of space!". I quickly found out that without even downloading games, just keeping disk-based games updated, I nearly ran out of internal storage space. I tried saving profiles and game data to a thumb drive but that was a pain. For the money I couldn't beat this 250gb hard drive. It slides right into my XBox and is barely half full even with me regularly downloading the twice-monthly free games from XB Gold. I have had zero issues with the unit and can't see myself needing to upgrade to a 500 GB anytime soon,although I'm not a hardcore gamer by any means.
on February 9, 2016
I bought this hard drive because it is way cheaper than the official XBOX hard drives. I am disappointed though that you cannot play backwards compatible games using this drive, that is annoying but not a deal breaker. The really annoying thing about this hard drive is that it consistenetly freezes my XBOX which never happened before I bought it. I guess you get what you pay for and I should have shelled out the extra cash and bought the name brand hard drive. I don't recommend this but if you don't want to play regular xbox games and you don't mind it freezing, then this is way cheaper than the alternative.