Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
asked by - Fraz - on July 11, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I have the XTI and use L lenses. The glass is what makes the picture for sure.
C. BAUMAN answered on August 12, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You lose very little with this lens vds 70-200. The gain is the extra reach and wide angle, it a major upgrade. Having said that , and given the high $$$, I'd wait for the new model. New Model? I suspect so. Everyone, including Canon, is 'out-of-stock'. Couple that with Canon's receent announcment (July 2009) that they have a new IS that will be in 'interchangable' lenses by the end of 2009, it is not a surprise they stopped producing the 28-300mm so they could clear out the stock.

I use the XTi- 40D and now the 5D mark II. The glass makes the picture.
R. Sutton answered on August 18, 2009

A
If you want an all-purpose lens, get the cheap 18-200mm. The 28-300mm is just not a very good lens when you consider the price and weight and image quality. For that money, you could buy two very good lenses.
J. Lee answered on August 26, 2009

A
Get the 17-40mm and the 70-200mm f4 for less tha half the price. It's a two lens combo that is outstanding. The pictures are sharp,crisp, and saturated.
P. Strong answered on September 20, 2009

A
I agree with P. Strong. I carry the 17-40L and the 24-105L all the time. Ones on the 5D II and the others in a fanny pack. They are my walkabout stuff and get at least 70% of the pix.
R. Sutton answered on September 20, 2009

A
I can tell you when you use this lens with any beginner non-sealed body (I used the T1i) the air whistled in and out of every crack in the body when I adjusted the focal length. The sealed lens acts like a bellows and draws dust into the camera body!

However, I just love this lens, see my review for more.
Eric Carson answered on May 31, 2011

A
peter Rabbit answered on December 4, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product