Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on May 17, 2017
Was looking for a game to replace Caesar 3. I didn't want something I had to do battle in, or jump through hoops to play. I just wanted a simple, easy to play city building game set in Rome. This did the trick. I'm not a hard core gamer, so I can't give super specific details about graphics or any of that stuff. To my eye, the graphics are fine, game play moves smooth, and I don't need internet in order to play. I have an HP laptop and it works great.
All in all, this is a really fun game. You can play in campaign mode, or you can just build your own city.
on April 27, 2017
fairly entertaining
on August 29, 2016
The gave is a definite improvement over previous versions; got addicted to the first version and like to take my time and play a game that is as much a challenge to play as it is to win; this game definitely for the thinker and amateur historian looking to change history; slow moving but still very intriguing and fun;
on April 19, 2017
I really do enjoy playing the game. I just keep running into the problem where several of my workers will not work what so ever. Usually the firefighters and well workers. Which obviously prohibits the game. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this bug?
on December 5, 2013
I played this in my 9th grade Mythology class and I always wanted to buy it! I did and I recommend this if you are very adventurous.
on March 15, 2010
Not only the name is misleading, one would think that it would have some connection to the Civilization series, but it's foreign (England--note that I bought the game through Amazon but the seller was listed as BLS Mart and the order was fulfilled by Amazon); although the the accent is the least that bothers me.
The game lacks depth, imagination, and motivation to play on! The tasks and the missions are repetitive and graphics are mediocre. The game tries to blend SimCity with Civilization titles; an enormous task given the success and fame of those legendary titles. However I wouldn't expect it to fall so short!! The city management element of SimCity is missing as well as the combat element of Civ titles is missing; so a reasonable question would be "what does it offer?" Well, absolutely nothing; no excitement.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2016
This game gets off to a slow start but once you get into it, it's addictive. I've been playing for a few hours now and I don't want to get off of it. It reminds me quite a bit of Pharaoh and those types of games from the '90s. Simply superb!
on August 4, 2015
Not the best game, not the worst game. I love gaming on the computer its my favorite way to use video games. This one seems kind of choppy, and there doesn't seem to be much to do. I have spent about 15 hours playing the game and overall it's not bad, you definitely get what you pay for.
on June 3, 2017
Good time consuming game. Excellent for those who enjoy city builders, like Zeus and Pharaoh from back in the days of Windows XP
on January 8, 2013
I was excited about this game and played for quite awhile. I saved my city before I turned the game off and when I went back to play the next day it hadn't saved all of my progress. I then built a little bit and tried saving it and turning the game off and on again to see if it would work or not and again it did not save anything I had done. So I'm not playing it anymore and wish I could get my money back!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.