Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 14, 2016
For the people who say these do not have good compression you probably have the wrong size. Using the advice I read here and what I found on the 2XU website I initially ordered a medium and that is what most of my bike shorts are. When it arrived it fit but was a little loose and the legs were too long for me. I just knew it was wrong and didn't feel right. The fit chart on the box told a different story and indicated I actually need a small size. I promptly re-ordered a small and it fit great. The legs were also more than an inch shorter which was much more comfortable. The support was very good and I ran a rugged maniac 5k in them the next day. The drawstring is so much better than an elastic only waist and I had no problem keeping them up for the entire time. I liked them so much I returned the medium size for another small. These are compression shorts and you will be better off with a smaller size rather than too large. They are very stretchy and you want them to be tight to do what they are designed for. If you want slightly looser yoga pants go ahead and order the wrong size.
review image
on November 12, 2014
This is my second pair of these particular shorts. I am a longer-distance runner (41 marathons and counting), so I can do a lot of longer runs during training season. A couple of years back I started to have some hamstring soreness and decided I'd try compression options. I messed around with a few options (UA -- not enough compression, 110% -- too gimmicky and too many seams, etc.). These hit the right balance for me. I have both the "elite" and non-elite. Beyond the gray paneling of the elite version, I can't tell much of a difference.

I now do all my runs with some form of compression and use these elite 2XU shorts (or the similar tights) when doing longer runs or races. My hamstrings are doing better -- although whether that's the effect of the shorts or better stretching routines, I couldn't tell you for sure. But I like to believe these are helping at least a little.

I just bought a second pair, so you know I'm pretty happy with them.
on January 17, 2015
Awesome compression shorts. I really like the design, the fit, the look, and the feel. My only con is that the compression is not quite what I would like, but I am just barely a medium (from the small side) so I didn't expect them to be really tight.
I try to wear these every time I run hills and I hang out in them for a couple hours after for the compression recovery. Super comfortable. They make a difference and let me push it a little harder (especially on the hills) when I run and exercise.
I can't get over how much I like these compression shorts. I have the elite and standard 2XU compression shorts and while they are very similar, I think the Elite shorts fit just a little bit better.
on August 15, 2016
These were purchased after research on preventing hamstring injuries. I had a level 2 tear from playing softball, (a sharp pain and a bruise the day after) I never had a hammy injured before so my experience was educational as I did some research into prevention, and rehabilitation. As I found info, compression seemed to be the key to keeping the muscle active and preventing scar tissue from 'locking up' the muscles' flexibility range. After 2 weeks I was able to wear these for rehab exercises, light. In 3-4 weeks I was able to jog a bit with these. About the 5 week I was running but quick sprint take off was still sending me signals of weakness. It's been 8 weeks and it's back to normal. So I would say that these offered the ability to finish the season and knee the rehab on schedule if not ahead of schedule. They are much tighter than the ones I found at Dicks Sports. I'm 33 waist, medium is perfect. Wash with care, line dry is the best to preserve them.
on February 8, 2017
I never write reviews, but the product wore out due to an apparent manufacturing defect after 60 days of moderate use.
A small hole has developed next to one of the seams. I've only hand washed and air dried them.

Due to Amazon's inflexible return window I cannot exchange them. (Very frustrating/making me rethink buying on Amazon).
I may try to contact the manufacturer directly.
They provide great compression and support so I gave 2 stars, but bought expensive compression shorts expecting better quality.
All I want is an exchange!
on January 29, 2017
Shorts are supportive and heavier material than any other compression shorts I've purchased. High quality feel, comfortable. Sized a bit smaller. I'm usually a medium but purchase large and glad I did.After wearing them for a while, they are not very comfortable in the crouch. They would be more comfortable with a pouch in the crouch area.
on January 17, 2018
My husband loves them for running. They have great support for muscles and he believes that they really help prevent hamstring pulls.
on February 7, 2012
I bought these the week before a gnarly 20 mile mountain race and I wore them only once on my last trail run before the race for a distance of only 3 miles. I can say, I really think they helped keep my legs feeling fresh throughout the 20 miler. I was able to bomb down the descents and power up the inclines during the entire race. My quads and glutes were in good enough shape for 5 sets of squats the following Monday. The only drawback I would add is you won't be able to go as long between bathroom stops due to the bladder compression that is unavoidable with this type of gear.
on August 12, 2013
My husband really likes these shorts for riding his recumbent bike. They are long enough to cover his thighs and prevent sunburn. They never ride up and stay in place for hours of riding. One does not need underwear under these shorts-in black they are not revealing. They have been in use for months with a cold wash and hang dry after each use. The compression is still good as new.
on August 6, 2012
This is the second pair of 2XU compression shorts I own, but the first in the Elite version. I use them under my cycling shorts for both compression and another thin layer of protection from road rash. They help out quite a bit in keeping my quads from cramping in longer races on hot days. They also provide help in eliminating chaffing on long days in the saddle.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.