Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Size: 16cm|Change

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 61 reviews
on December 2, 2014
This didn't work with my Hero 3+ Black Edition.
on March 19, 2014
I got the original product and was extremely disappointed to find it would not work on my hero 3 black edition. I contacted the seller and he was kind enough to get me a replacement. The second one did not work either, so I contacted gopro and they went through the trouble to replace the entire camera once I told them the situation. I just got the new camera today and it confirmed my fears. This connector will NOT work for the gopro hero 3 black (IDK about the 3+). As Alvin T. mentioned this does not have the resistor necessary to activate the switch to external mic input on the gopro.
on April 1, 2015
Does NOT work as advertised! if you want to use this with your GoPro, look elsewhere as this does not have the required resistor the required resistor to be used with GoPro devices. If you are using this for other applications, it may work, but I cannot verify.
on October 19, 2014
Ok DO NOT buy this for the HERO ANYTHING... This cable does what it looks like it does, but not for GoPro. The official cord requires some rudimentary circuitry that this thing does not have. Buy the branded version if you need it to work with an external mic.
on January 8, 2015
I sure wish there was a zero star option! I bought this version of this and waited for it to arrive. I tracked it after four days (I have prime) and it said it was delivered to my mailbox. I requested a replacement after failing to find the cable in my mailbox and it was rejected. I made the decision to buy another one because it was only five dollars. I was glad this one arrived on time! Despite this, the cable was deffective with my Blue Yeti USB Microphone and my GoPro Hero 3. I truly do not think it will work with anything else. After a bit, I may purchase the gopro one because this one was just a cheap, offbrand version, but I'm not going to dive all over the situation. The lesson here would be: If it's too good to be true... then it's not true. Or in other words... Don't buy cheap gopro accessories!!! It is a waste of money.
on May 3, 2015
After many hours of frustration attempting to get the audio right with different microphones, I came to realize my problem was this adapter. I wanted to mount a microphone inside my Motorcycle helmet for MotoVlogging. With this adapter I would pick up way too much background noise. Once I put on the GoPro Official adapter the audio came out smooth as silk! If you are standing still and there is no wind this works okay. Once you add wind to the mix everything goes to hell.
on September 18, 2016
I was very skeptical about buying this product because of all the negative reviews. I did my research and understood i had to solder in a resister to get it to disable the internal gopro mic. When the package arrived I was very disappointed that it was not the same adapter shown in the picture. The picture shows one with a braided type insulation and an end that appears that you can open it up to get to the leads so you can solder in the resister. I gave it a shot any ways and wtf it works perfectly no messing around with the solder. I used mine with a gopro hero 4 silver and the mic I used is a Rode video micro. Maybe it only works with certain mics? The rode video micro is an unpowered mic idk if that makes a difference. Another thing i liked was that the cable fits more snug in the socket than the gopro charge cable and wont wiggle around causing shit sound. I am happy with my purchase and glad i didnt spend $20 on the go pro brand cable that doesnt have a 90 degree end and is prone to easy damage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
Works as you'd expect on my GoPro Hero 3 except the plug "surround" is too large to allow the plug to fully insert with any of the GoPro's cases on. Either cut away the GoPro case or the cable surround. I trimmed the cable.
on June 9, 2016
Waste of time. Ordered this idea to go with a mic I had purchased for my GoPro, only records a portion of the sound. The right side to be exact. Thought that it might be the mic, but after trying with my two other mics that I know for a fact work, definitely the cord. Will be returning.
on June 23, 2014
This cable doesn't work with my hero3+ like they advertise in the product description. I tried it on another hero3 and it didn't work on that one either.